How is it possible that such intelligent people like Oppenheimer or Feynman were so based?

How is it possible that such intelligent people like Oppenheimer or Feynman were so based?

When I read their biographies they seem to be pretty chill.

Their personality and attitude toward life seems to be completely different from nerdy science model and neet of Veeky Forums.

>neet of Veeky Forums.

Butthurt because someone on Veeky Forums called you a brainlet?

Do you know how I know you're a brainlet? Instead of reading their works, you read their biographies.

Complete brainlet.

B R A I N L E T
R
A
I
N
L
E
T

Well, you have those, but you also have psychopaths like Teller, Gödel or Fermi.

They were actually dicks off the record.

>not every scientist in history has the same personality
dude woah

>Oppenhaimer obtained his Doctor of Philosophy degree in March 1927 at age 23, supervised by Born.[26] After the oral exam, James Franck, the professor administering, reportedly said, "I'm glad that's over. He was on the point of questioning me."[27]

>... so based?
Wut?

Nerdy model science is myth,write for butthurt screenwriter, real scientist are very hardworking, humble and dedicated person like doctors or lawyers.

That's because Veeky Forums attracts wannabes not people with actual talent

this
successful scientists are usually pretty social and socially apt. Even maniacs like erdos were social butterflies.

Not at all like the basement dwellers who hang out here

and actually you have to be pretty social to make connections and find grants ex nihilo.

>Gödel
He was not a psychopath.
Moran.

Godel was nuts when he died. Super paranoid about food, he wasted away after his wife died (he didn't trust anyone else's food) and was at concentration camp tier weight at the end, like 80 pounds. Not a psychopath, per se, but pretty off.

>he fell for the "smart people have to be turbospergs" maymay

i love the story feynman tells about how he called a girl a bitch because she wouldnt sleep with him after he bought her a sandwich, then made her give him the money back. classic

I know you're baiting, but I read their biographies and not their work because I'm not really interested in their work. Not liking physics doesn't make me a brainlet. Opinions are subjective, intelligence is objective.

>teenagers who thinks they know shit about the world

You're talking out of you ass. You do not have a single fact to back that up that's not anecdotal: it's your opinion and science is not a democracy. Just do everyone a favor and shut the fuck up the next you have an inane idea like that - you're lowering the mean iq of the thread.

Its nothing wrong with wannbess and their PhD dreams and work in nasa. Pygmalion effect i trust u know what that is, they will never visit caltec but they might get a masters in CS and chill.

That was only when he died, dumbfuck.

>successful scientists are usually pretty social and socially apt
[citation needed]

Every single person in manhattan project

mathematicians are just aspie as fuck
other scientists are actual people sometimes

Based Dick

People on /sci are ironically autist.

In general scientists were very venerated and PhD holders were also given huge respect. It's the portrayal of Ross from friends and subsequent portrayals of academics as only nerds that people think academics are autistic nerds.

"You're worse than a whore!" He wasn't wrong hahaha.

didn't oppenheimer attempt to poison his tutor for trying to get him to study experimental physics instead of theoretical physics? seems pretty spergy and unchill

Never knew Perelman was on the Manhattan project. Explains how the Russians got the tech though.

what did he mean?

>cherry picking two people out of an entire population of established trends that don't align with said population

he died because of paranoid psychopath, dumbfuck

>Oppenheimer ... so based
>"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
L0Lno fgt pls

>Their personality and attitude toward life seems to be completely different from nerdy science model and neet of Veeky Forums.
Like 60% of my department is extroverted, not on Feynman tier, but generally good social skills and outgoing. Other 30% are just boring and 10% are le nerdy vidya playing faggots.

The BBT meme is retarded.

But of course someone smarter than you has to be less attractive and autistic. Life is extremely fair and balanced.

Confirmed brainlet.

He was quoting Ramayana.

Book most scholars and wise men have read in those times, and in current times.

I probably have a higher IQ than you and'll end up wealthier, so if that's what makes you happy, keep believing it.

Whatever you say dum dum

Because the only requirement is intelligence and aptitude at what you do.

Being charismatic, shy, friendly or antisocial, kind and forgiving or a complete asshole are beside what you are able to do in the world of science and mathematics.

You need to work hard and be good at what you do, whether you're a nice person or not is up to you.