Corned beef

St. Patty's is coming up, which means brisket is on sale, so, I stocked up.

I'll probably never get tired of corned beef and cabbage, but just in case, what else can I make with 48 dollars worth of beef?

Gimme them NEET on a budget recipes

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/ck/thread/S4851585#p4851585
twitter.com/AnonBabble

corned beef hash
cubed potatoes fried with onion and cubed corned beef

reuben sandwich
rye bread, corned beef, sauerkraut, russian dressing

>Reuben
Top tier sandwich, pain to collect the stuff unless you just turn cabbage into kraut.

Has there ever been a better meat?

Make povi masima

I like it really simple...boiled potatoes, corn and corned beef...lots of corned beef...

>St. Patty's

sauerkraut is pretty cheap to purchase, pretty easy to make, but whatever.
buy about 500lbs this time of year for st. pat's. can confirm that leftovers freeze quite well.

You mean the kraut or the brisket freezes well? I'd imagine both

I might add cabbage to my garden this season, dunno why I never thought of it before. Why is it called russian dressing and not 1000 island? is it a different flavor I have yet to try?

He is a meme in america. i am sorry, but i will drink beer for him

st patty's day is my favorite holiday since I'm from Ireland.

I can't help you with the meat but just look for a lucky 4 leaf clover and maybe the luck of the irish will help!

corned beef freezes well, I meant. sorry.

I read somewhere that at the time of the dressing's creation, caviar (from russia) was gaining popularity in the states and so the word "russian" was kind of synonymous with wealth and high class. it has no connection with russia.
I'm sure that at the time of their creations, 1000 island and russian dressings were quite different, but today or tomorrow I wouldn't be surprised to find pickles in russian dressing.
for me, I use mayonnaise, ketchup, yogurt, horseradish, ground mustard seed for my russian dressing.

>St Patty's
>Corned beef and cabbage

t. Plastic paddy

To be fair most of my lineage is italian I think? Don't care, I like me some beef

Where the hell did this corned beef meme come from? I'm Irish and literally nobody eats corned beef here.

It literally originated in Ireland as a way to cure beef for long-term storage for naval voyages, war-time rations, etc.

so am I understanding right, you're getting just regular brisket and gonna corn it yourself and want some other ideas of what to do with brisket? just season it up however you feel like and slow cook/smoke it, have it like roast with potatoes, carrots, celery, and onions, and make a gravy with the juice

Volunteered to make corned beef and possibly irish soda bread for a work potluck this Friday. It's some bullshit international theme, so I'm gonna rape these faggots with superior Irish food on the most Irish of days.

Starting to regret this... I hate the idea of me lugging in a crockpot and other dishes just for people to possibly not even eat it. But such is life, leftovers will be killer.

On a side note, any clever ideas to make corned beef easier to eat/serve at a potluck? Maybe toothpick it or precut it into manageable pieces?

I forget exactly, but isn't there a traditional cut of beef eaten in Ireland for St Patrick's or Christmas? When Irish immigrated to America they imitated it with corned beef because they were poor and it was garbage meat. Here's some I made the other day.

Irish immigrants to New York substituted corned beef for bacon in their boiled dinners because it was available from Jewish delis.

This is some weapons-grade cringe right here

here's the pasta, faggot

Yesterday was the worst dinner I have ever had. I make a rule of not socializing with coworkers, and I should not have broken it. This may take 2 posts, it was THAT bad.

6 coworkers met at someone's house yesterday under the pretense of "Irish stew". I grudgingly accepted the invitation and arrived at 2 pm (when I was told to come). I brought traditional soda bread that had to be baked first. The host made a bit of a stink about using the oven when he had other things in there, but I told him I wanted it fresh.

The stew was still cooking and the host was already drinking alcohol at this time. In the middle of a conversation with a member of the opposite sex, the host tells me, "Please, no talk about politics. PLEASE not today". I said if more people talked about politics we would be in a better country, and he got very argumentative so I just dropped it.

I was drinking apple juice that I brought over and the host kept trying to get me to have a beer. He was obviously intoxicated and starting saying how maybe I would be relaxed and "cooler" if I had some alcohol. It was pathetic, like peer pressure from a high school TV show.

Anyway, at that point I became withdrawn and went for a walk. I came back right before dinner, and that is when the fun started.

He made "Irish stew" with beef, carrots, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, hot sauce, oregano, tomato, and various ingredients. I started telling others that proper Irish stew should only contain mutton, potato, onion, and water, and that beef, tomato, black pepper, hot sauce, and other ingredients would not be available then and therefore it was a modern stew, not Irish stew.

We started eating and someone asked me about what I had said about real Irish stew. The host looked annoyed so I told him. He turned red and told me if I didn't like it I could "get the fuck out and take my apple juice with me".

warosu.org/ck/thread/S4851585#p4851585

I was shocked and speechless. He left the room and his girlfriend (they are unmarried but live together) apologized. Eventually, people started talking more comfortably and he came back and was brooding and drinking more.

The stew was okay, but not authentic. I asked him if he knew that mutton was on sale at a local store and he flew into a tirade, bringing up any small error or faux pas I have ever committed at work. People were trying to calm him down, and I simply responded to him in a quiet and calm voice, and said that I appreciated his invitation and his "take" on Irish stew, but it would have been nicer if the company had been more warm.

He got up and pulled me out of the chair, stretching my sweater at the neck. He was literally screaming in my face and had his fist up in a threatening manner.

I told him I would call the cops if he hit me. He then told me to get out and take my "fucking juice and shit bread" with him. A second loaf was still in the oven with 7 minutes left, and I said I wasn't leaving until it was cooked and I could take it.

He shouted at me to leave or he would call the cops ON ME (imagine) and then threw the bread out of the oven on the ground. I was shaking with emotions and told the group that I enjoyed my time with them but I couldn't say the same about the host.

It was a horrible affair, but I decided to make authentic Irish stew today, because I was let down yesterday and had a hankering for it. It is simmering on the stove and I plan on bringing it to lunch tomorrow, one bowl for me and some for the host. It will be a subtle form of revenge as well as a way to show him that I am a better cook and am the more mature, forgiving person.

Any other stories of hosts from hell? People who cannot act respectful towards others in their own home should not have dinner parties.

i know a lot of people prefer Russian dressing, but thousand island instead makes it taste so good

Make fritters with shredded corned beef.