Salt

Anyone know a way to eat a lot of salt (or salt substitute) without all of the major health problems that accompany eating alot of salt?

I like to eat rock salt, but I don't want to die

Medschool user here there's no way to consume rock salt without fucking up your stomach bad. A concentrated amount of any salt will poison the hell out of you.

rock salt = suicide

When you say "I like to eat rock salt" are you talking about on top of/in food, or are you literally chomping down on a big ol' chunk of salt?

Big Ol Chunk Of Salt

>chews on a 'Big Ol Chunk' of pure Rock Salt
Sodium Deficiency detected

You could just keep salt in your mouth and spit, like with dipping tobacco.

>Some cultures, especially in Africa, prefer a wide variety of different rock salts for different dishes. Pure salt is avoided as particular colors of salt indicates the presence of different impurities. Many recipes call for particular kinds of rock salt, and imported pure salt often has impurities added to adapt to local tastes.

Never knew there was so much to salt.

MSG

Same. I like to eat coarse sea salt with a lil garlic powder sprinkled on it

It tears up the skin in your mouth if you leave it there

sweat a lot. pick up something like hot yoga or go to a small martial arts gym that doesnt ike to turn on the ac

Get a potassium IV drip.

Protip: it's painful

All salt is rock salt. And, as a human mammal, you cannot live without consuming it.

There are no "major health problems" that come from consuming this essential element.

But, like all things in life, moderation is the key.

Cook your own food so that you can control the salt content. Limit yourself to 1600 mg per day and you'll be fine.

>Limit yourself to 1600 mg per day and you'll be fine.

Fuck off food nazi, 1600 mg is borderline malnutrition-levels of salt. anything below 2400 mg/day is fine and you know it.

>or salt substitute
What sort of salt substitute are you using? If you eat too much potassium salts you could stop your heart.

Take lots and lots of albuterol so you have a life threatening definciency of potassium salt then get a potassium iv drip and all your salt cravings will disappear

>breaks crystals with teeth
>worried about tears in skin

Tip: If you want to die, eat 80g of salt.

If you're not getting sodium from any other source, maybe. But that's not how sodium adsorption works generally.

since salt (NaCl) is a base just ingest it along with something acidic like citric acid and you should be all good, balanced out and neutralized

It's also a reductant so pair with an oxidant like sodium hypochlorite.

I had fastfood today consumed 2000mg sodium and had severe issues. sweaty palms. severe anxiety etc etc

I never had this issue before. only recently.

not sure if you guys have any advice.

could it be from fluid retention?

3-5g/day salt is least associated with morbidity. It's not healthy to be paranoid about salt unless you have a known condition which salt adversely affects.

Have potassium.
Salt and potassium should be in the correct ratios within your blood stream to save you from cardiac arrest.

hydrate properly

Rare pic of OP

drink lots of water and don't consume processed foods

if all the salt in your diet it salt that you personally add to your food, you probably won't overdo it