I cant decide if I should major in math and physics or major in math and minor in philosophy...

I cant decide if I should major in math and physics or major in math and minor in philosophy? what should i read to help me figure out how to make this important decision?
(engineering is out of the question because i'm currently in biology, so switching majors in the same faculty is easier than switching faculties)

Other urls found in this thread:

listal.com/charli-xcx/pictures
twitter.com/AnonBabble

who is this semen demon?

physics, duh.

Biology and philsophy duh.
Why would you ever want to leave biology?

is your end goal money?
I go to a public college and all the phd professors are miserable

1. minors are useless. take a couple of the classes if you want, but literally nobody is going to care about your minor, especially in philosophy

2. if you like rigor = math, if you like math without the rigor but the constraints of the universe = physics

3. if you don't go to grad school, you'll be working at an insurance company anyway so what difference does it make to you anyway

fwiw, i've actually seen less spergs in math than physics. it seems like a lot of people in math degrees just want to be teachers so it dilutes the sperglord to normal person ratio, where in physics you're an all in sperglord if you major in that.

because I always liked math more, and i picked biology because i thought it would be easy but I'm finding that I still spend a lot of time studying, so might as well study something i am more curious about

bump

Well I guess it really depends on what you want to learn.
Why even go to college if you picked a major on the basis that you thought would be easy?
I hope you or your parents aren't working to pay for that

listal.com/charli-xcx/pictures

Charlotte Emma Aitchison

imo major in maths and physics they are some of the most employable degrees while philosophy is relatively useless especially considering you would do physics which shows employers a good sense of logic anyway.

well first year was just general science, then for second year i decided to take mainly bio classes, but with a bit of a summer school i could switch to math/physics without needing an extra year, my plan was graduate school either way.

>major in math and minor in philosophy
This is the intellectually superior choice but the other is probably slightly more employable.

>learning philosophy at university

Enjoy your (((post structuralism)))

I'd advise going math major physics minor and read philosophy yourself on the side without the modern lenses.

Major in philosophy and you'll realize that none of your choices truly matter.

That's not quite what's taught in respectable philosophy departments. Contrary to the popular stereotype, very few philosophers are interested in existential questions.

Nice job coupling anti-semitism into a scientismist spiel. Derrida is not very respected or read in most American universities and what you believe is a literal fascist meme.

This. With math you are definitely employable, and physics you get even more.
However, the math + philosophy is harder than math + physics. If you choose the former, you'll become an intellectual übermensch.

>However, the math + philosophy is harder than math + physics.
How so? Is it because there's a lot of crossover between math and physics classes?

quadruple major: math, physics, philosophy, engineering

mechanical preferably since it is the most "pure" branch of engineering and is literally just applied math and physics

am i crazy for instantly assuming anyone with a choker or band around their neck is a transvestite

math and physics.

They build upon each other so you have less work overall.

hehe. do the phillosophy user. Find out how great critical theory is. Im sure your classmates will love you, the bunch of odious wankers! :^)

>people believe this

>antisemitism is bad!!
thanks for the hearty kek
please proceed to end your life faggot

believe what?
until you clarify your post is verbal diarrhoea.

cant do eng because im already in the school of science (but taking bio classes), switching to the school of eng would be too much of a hassle