Taking the ACT today, Any premio tips? Appreciate the help

Taking the ACT today, Any premio tips? Appreciate the help.

Have an alcoholic drink about 20 minutes before hand, the alcohol will open your mind to novel ideas.

Don't eat 5 hours before the test, unless you have blood sugar problems. Water only.

adderall

If a problem is taking you abnormally long, circle the number and move on. If you don't have time to go back just guess.

remember that your brain has two ways of thinking, one is broad thinking and the other is focused thinking.
if you understand the question and feel comfortable on answering the question then stay focused and solve it, otherwise relax and think broadly so you can open up your creativity that will give you the answer.

If you are comfortable and for sure plan aim for a near perfect score then do the hard questions first since they will consume most of your energy.

You should be used to taking standardized tests by now.
Those shits are the only part of my public school education I excelled at.

>do hard questions first
That is an absolutely terrible idea no matter what score you are going for. The hard questions are worth just as much as the easy ones and it wastes so much time figuring out which ones are the hards ones. You are better off ripping through the easy ones and then going back for the hard ones.

I got a 34
I did the general strategy of trying to go at an accelerated pace because most questions are very easy and don't need much individualized time to get right. When you see a problem that you think you might get wrong/it took you longer/unsure, circle the number after answering and come back to it once you finish the entire section.

A weakness of this strategy is that it typically allows 1-3 questions to slip through per section which pans out to a 33-35 unless you get lucky. If you get a 34 or above then don't bother to go for an absolutely perfect score because the difference to colleges is insignificant and is almost luck based.

Just bubble in the right answer

Got a 33 this way and I'm retarded

kill yourself unironically

save yourself the time

SAT > ACT

The one that is better is the one you do better on. If you do equally well on both then use the one the colleges you want to apply to get less of.

The SAT is better for testing intelligence, and the ACT is better for testing knowledge.

this isn't true, both have been shown to be good indicators of IQ.

>Not knowing the difference between intelligence and knowledge.

Oh ez, thanks man.

i lost

>failing high school english
>got a 36 on the reading ACT
Why am I like this?

reading SAT isn't really that much about ability to write, its you ability to understand what you are reading. That section is really just pure natural ability, its very hard to bring that score up if you are bad at it. Personally I always got a 33 or higher on it.

Same situation I had, I got 34 reading, 34 math, 32 science, but I couldn't get higher than a 27 on the english. Whatev, I got into every college I applied to.