I got banned for asking if trannies are really there perceived gender

I got banned for asking if trannies are really there perceived gender.

As a biologist this triggers me.

Why is the question of whether or not gender dyshporia is real or possibly just a mental illness a question that isn't allowed on either lgbt or sci?

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/is-there-something-unique-about-the-transgender-brain/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because you're just being a shit tier troll trying to rustle some lgbt jimmies when frankly they don't have to take that kind of shit from you

I did something similar once OP. I came to this conclusion

>these people have mental issues
>but they're issue is with being TOLD that they CANNOT be something

So I decided to just let them be. I believe they are all fucked in the brain and should seek help, but their is no stopping them. They simply do not want to be told that they CANNOT be a guy bc society. It's dumb, but you gotta just let the crazies be crazy

Have you considered that the mods might also be mentally ill?

Is scientific curiosity suppose to collapse under the authority of someone's jimmies being rustled?

Contrary to what you probably think, the mods are absolutely clueless reddit-tier normies who don't really understand the culture of this place and landed on their spot by pure luck. Moot, for an example, thought that censoring /pol/ can work, or that its browsers should have a permanent account like on reddit (IP-based poster IDs). After realizing how fucking retarded he was, he sold the place and ran away.

>these people have mental issues

While most trans people would take offense to that, I'll say it's true in that being one gender and being trapped in a body that is the opposite gender causes a lot of stress and causes other mental issues. Changing their gender is the cure/treatment to those mental problems.

Having society say you can't choose your gender (if required) is like having depression and society telling you "stop being sad little whiny bitch all the time and just get over it." Which at one point is exactly how society treated depression. Not that long ago either. I'd say less than 100 years. Ask your grandparents.

>there perceived gender

I think you got banned for misspelling "their".

Should have majored in English, OP.

I don't know what gender studies people are defining "dysphoria" as nowadays, but yes it is literally a mental disorder.
Yes, you're right, your genes don't change just because you want them to, the issue here is whether it really matters enough to upset people over, just let them live in their fantasy

Stop trying to answer a Psychology question when you don't know jack shit about Psychology. That'd be like me trying to lecture you on Cell Walls

Biologically they are what'd coded in their DNA. Socially they can be whatever. All that matters in the social setting is that people are able to effectively communicate. For all it matters I can say I'm a dinosaur and if everyone understands to address me as such, it's all good. Same thing with using made up words to talk to children. None of it really matters, the point is making sure you can both agree on terms of communication. If people want to communicate effectively, it's best to address people by what they want to be addressed by to minimize frustration and arguments and accomplish the goal of conversation.
Or better yet, if you do have a problem with it, don't bother engaging in conversation with them.

Now when it comes to talking third person, you can call them whatever you want. Again, what matters is that you and the person you are talking to can agree on a term that refers to the third person. You can call them a banana for all it matters.

Has anyone ever told you how much of a faggot you are?

It's not "scientific curiosity" when you're just being rude to a group of people that already have a suicide rate of over 40%. Also, asking a question that's better than "are you your perceived gender?" would probably give you a lot more insight into what it's like to be transgender. Ask bad questions, get bad results

I guess gender is in this respect interesting. Some would like to classify it as a biological category, others as a psychological (or maybe socio-psychological) category. I guess both notions refer to very different things.

My God, stop virtue standing, it's embarrassing.

Thats the thing.

Every single time someone says this at /lgbt/ they say that genes don't matter and that anyone who says they do are a problematic nazi.

I'm asking if mtfs are biologically females not psychologically.

>dog shits on the rug
>yell 'BAD DOG!!'
>dog says 'stop virtue standing, it's embarrassing me'

I'm sorry if saying "don't be a dick to trannies" is something that you find embarassing

t.urban dwelling retard

Banned from what?

>"dont be a dick to trannies"

There you go you used the slur. How much do you care?

Shut yer whistle you rooting tootin city slicker let them pay for their own plastic surgery.

What's embarrassing is that you care about people's feelings being hurt on the internet. It is a legitimate scientific inquiry to ask whether or not gender is biologically defined or socially defined, and if that's too much for you to handle, than by all means fuck off.

>implying trannies killing themselves should dictate science

uwot.jpg

What class was it?

Also mods just are trying to keep /pol/tards away

This thread will probably get deleted soon but whatever.

>being one gender and being trapped in a body that is the opposite gender
This is what gets me about the tranny narrative.
It's not that your mind is what it is and your body is wrong, it's that your body is what it is and your mind is wrong. That's what's "mentally ill" about it.

If transitioning is truly the best way to alleviate the negative effects of this illness then I'm all for it, but it's this upside-down narrative about the relationship between a person's body and mind that irks me.

It's like a schizophrenic person who legitimately believes they're Albert Einstein being allowed to dress and act like Einstein because it makes it less likely that they'll an hero, even though everyone around that person finds it strange and distressing. But then to top it off, the schizo sees the acceptance as validation of their belief, and begins to demand other things, like speaking tours at universities and attention from the scientific community for every paper they publish.

Feelings being hurt is a not a reason to inquiry about the scientific and biological gender of a transsexual.

You're essentially saying we should accept something as fact because people are killing themselves over it.

scientificamerican.com/article/is-there-something-unique-about-the-transgender-brain/

This is some high level false flagging.

What do you mean?

>It is a legitimate scientific inquiry to ask whether or not gender is biologically defined or socially defined

How about instead of bothering transgender people directly you go read some actual published scientific on this topic, then?

>6 paragraphs
>no linked studies
>popsci magazine

This is some of the worst "evidence" I have ever seen.

I'm not denying that some trannies really do have hardcore gender dyshporia that causes there mind to reject there body and think about suicide all day everyday.

I just don't buy that every single tranny fits this description.

>bothering transgender people directly

This is virtue signaling.

We are on the internet.
On a japanese basket weaving board
On a section about science.

Are you a nigger kike?

Because it's not my field of study. Now please, keep your politics out of this discussion board. Nobody gives a fuck about other people's feelings here.

I can see people using this as a "slippery slope" for other unimportant topics.

Bingo, it's better to treat transgenderism as a symptom than an illness in its own right. It's a mix of psychiatric and psychological conditions that lead to a single symptom.

I am just saying that there may be a scientific reason for why people feel this way, not a trend or mental illness. I think it is important to note that people can just ask. biologically people are born xx or xy

>it's not my field of study

THEN WHY WOULD YOU ASK THE QUESTION IN THE FIRST PLACE

jfc this board is a literal meme

>is transsexualism a problem with the brain or with the body
This is a legitimate concern for those treating transsexuals. The answer is it depends on the person.

Trannies have to go through extensive psychological evaluation to determine where the problem lies. Is it mental, or physical. EVERY tranny has to do this before a doc will prescribe hormones. There are differences in the ways male and females think and there are physical differences in the brain as well.

The ad hominem was only the last sentence of my post you liberal SJW white knight ally

>muh safe space
You haven't contributed anything to this discussion other than a half-baked popsci article and whining about people questioning your worldview. Please fuck off.

This is one of the most important topics our society has faced in recent years, or at least since gay marriage gained widespread (mostly) acceptance.

Are there any transgender people on this board anyways? They're only a fraction of a percent of the population yeah? I could see some being on LGBT because it's meant to be for them but they should be pretty damn rare on here.

Because I can be interested in it nevertheless...
Are you retarded or something?

There are docs who don't evaluate before giving HRT. I live near SF and I know numerous transgender people (some who later stopped) who never got more than a single session, let alone an MRI.

I wasn't even the one who linked the article. So I've contributed LITERALLY nothing to the discussion

Get your facts straight, man.

Supposedly there are a ton of trannies in the E and T part of STEM

You might be a mentally ill degenerate troll, but I like you.
Now fo real fuck off before I change my mind.

They're not suppose to. As they're not following protocol I'm guessing the only penalty is not being covered by liability insurance, but only in those specific cases and I doubt those patients will complain. This is a problem with the health care system in general, and not limited to transsexuals.

Ah yes, such illustrious fields as civil engineering and software engineering. Neither of which belong on "Science and Math".

Computer programmers have one of the highest percentage of trannies of any job out there. You can add CS to that list

Following protocol takes time and money. Giving potentially mentally ill people large quantities of hormone pills because they asked for them is profitable.

This.

For whatever reasons mtf's love going into CS and FtM's love going into civil engineer.

They took the /g/ meme about being a better programmer while crossdressing too seriously.

>Because you're just being a shit tier troll trying to rustle some lgbt jimmies

Technically hes rustling T jimmies since LGB people hate trannies more than anyone.

>there

I would have banned you, too.

Does anyone have published studies on hormonal variations in pre-transition adults with gender dysphoria?

pic unrelated

I mean, he has a point...

>can't look at papers for a subject because it's not my field
>but will ask some trannies what being a trannie is like because scientific curiosity
?

Get the FUCK off of this board you anti-intellectual oaf

REEEEEEE

>Which at one point is exactly how society treated depression. Not that long ago either. I'd say less than 100 years

Right, but I would say the way we treat depression now isn't good either. Giving people mind altering drugs rather than helping them deal with the reality around them that is causing them to be depressed isn't much better.

In fact trannies are treated similarly. Pills aren't the solution to everything.

Well I guess we should just shut Veeky Forums down since we can all just go look at papers. Point not granted.

>a group of people that already have a suicide rate of over 40%

Kind implies they have a mental illness though.

People who are oppressed in far more direct and terrible ways don't commit suicide that often.

>How about instead of bothering transgender people directly

But this is a fucking board for discussing science. This is a place for people to discuss this.

>go read some actual published scientific on this topic

Then this place wouldn't even exist. Anytime someone asks a question the reply is just, "GO READ SOME LITERATURE, RETARD. WE ARE TRYING TO SHARE NDT MEMES."

Because it has nothing to do with either of those things. /lgbt/ is for pro-gay posts, and Veeky Forums is for "science and mathematics".

Mental illnesses do not objectively fall into either category.

Plenty of trans people are mentally not right and I think a lot would agree on that. However, I see transgenderism as more of a possible symptom for gender dyshporia and not the end all be all diagnosis