Tfw fell for the neurosci meme

>tfw fell for the neurosci meme

Anyone else on Veeky Forums a loser enough to decide a career path because of a fictional character?

I'm half a year in for my PhD and I'm currently unemployable, miserable, and doing the same things over and over again for the past half year.

>doing neuroscience
>not cognitive science
Did you even play the VN

El Psy Congroo

I did now but when I chose my major back in undergrad I only watched the anime. Now I regret it so much. My life is just constantly doing lab work that my mentor can't be bothered to do because it's tedious.

>doing the same things over and over again for the past half year.
elaborate, what things?

The VN was translated before the anime was released. You deserve this

Analysis of electrical neuron signals in the nucleus accumbens under different experimental variables. I still can't believe this shit has been going on for months. I thought it would take a month at most.

Tell me when you can turn a microwave into a time machine OP

Holy fuck did the same thing for the same reason. I'm half way through my masters and I hate it.

genius move

It gets worse from there. It never gets better

T.thanks annon

Pic related. Shithole I attend

Please come to pic related if you're going to do a PhD. I need people that I can relate with and suffer together.

Wow I almost did this. Did you find Kurisu there?

No, but I found a bunch of international Chinese girls and stuck up arrogant bitches who think they're better than you by miles.

If I did find Kurisu I wouldn't even be posting in this shithole, because life would be ecstatic.

My life is a mistake.

>tfw only watched steinsgate 1/2 way through my graduate studies, too late to make the same mistake as OP

Please user continue looking for her. She might just be a bit further up the ladder.

Any further than this and I'll be surrounded by female professors in their mid-30s.

>Anyone else on Veeky Forums a loser enough to decide a career path because of a fictional character?
Me. I chose psychology because of the Hannibal TV series. Luckly I switched to engineering 1.5 year through.

You can always become a professor and catch her as soon as she arrives. Otherwise keep looking above you, check the prestigeous journals for her?

>neurosci
user, she was a physicist.

No, she published a paper on time travel for fun. She's in a neuroscience lab back in America.

Some brainlet in my statics class is doing aerospace engineering because he saw The Wind Rises by Hayao Miyazaki, but I took physics c in high school so I could go to an amusement park kek.

Kurisu is brain scientist, whatever that is.

>be me
>realize money is everything
>I can just use money to hire idiots who think they are smart and go for STEM to do slave works

Unless you truly enjoy math and science, STEM is a mistake.

Kind of close, will do Associate of Arts (for Applied Math transfer) Math in CC so I can be worthy of my waifu.

She could be doing CS major at a nice university right now if she was real and lived with me ;_;

Neurosci jobs are so scattered that you'll likely have to move cities too. I lost my boyfriend to that shitty field

A-are you Kurisu?

I'm not gonna rp to get you off you creep

ayyyy fellow gauchofag here reporting from 65 dp

>engineering
get out

Haha, this is where I'm at right now.

Not him but are you being tsundere bby.

Don't worry bby, I will protect you from the creeps, with the only condition to see you blush when I tell you how cute, CUTE you are.
>mfw thinking about you hurting

Fagits meet me at the bike circle infront of SRB tomorrow. dont be late or I'll send Dr. Bruice to come fuck you up with some shitty ochem lectures.

>doesn't give a time
>don't be late

>dr bruice
>fuck you up

She's EZ. I got A in 109ABC with her and I barely studied.

Go back to CSULong beach brainlet.

>he didn't choose theoretical physics to dedicate their life to the study of time and the possibility of time travel.
Don't worry user, once my Phone Microwave (name subject to change) is complete, I will warn you to not go into neuroscience.

>tfw used to dream about going to MIT for theoretical physics because of half life 2

>wanted to become a physicist because of half life 2
>am now graduate student physics
Feels good man

What was Okabe's course anyway?

>watched anime
>gets fucked in the ass because of said anime
Its like poetry

> started studying neuroscience to get into psychopharmacology
> because of Scarecrow

He was studying EE

>Physics
>Because of HL2 and Steins;Gate

tbhonestly I probably would've ended up close to physics without them anyways. Always been into that shit. Might've ended up in chem instead

>doing the same things over and over again for the past half year
Just like in your chinese cartoon :^)

Underrated post

>tfw went into engineering physics at stanford partially because of half life

>will be doing my diplomal soon (like masters in eu)
>was gonna do neurobiology, i genuinely like the field

is it truly that hard to get employed? whats a better biology field then?

Heh, well, analysing neuron signals for months on end has got to be better than watching your dearest loved ones die over and over again, so maybe it's a good thing he didn't get his wish fulfilled.

Also, SHE TRIED TO WARN YOU!

I started studying mathematics because I fell in love with Shion from the Xenosaga games.

I don't even care about time travel. I just wanted qts like Kurisu and Maho to be in my field. Not these stuck up arrogant bitches.

Actually, I will try for computer science this year because I want to be a SUPER HACKER just like Daru...

Y-you may wish to re-think this.

The STEM meme was a mistake. If you are doing a degree for any other reason than the fact you enjoy the subject or are aiming for a specific job, you are the cancer that is killing Veeky Forums.

If Kurisu was real she'd be too busy doing science to pay attention to you.

Lol, I was well on track to be a pilot because I played Ace Combat a lot as a kid. Then in my second year of flight school I realized I have shit depth perception and I don't like roller coasters very much.