Best fishy

I need some help Veeky Forums

I want to replace my meat intake with fish but I'm picky when it comes to fish.
Any recommendations? Your favourite fish?

I like tuna and smoked salmon

Other urls found in this thread:

dietmindspirit.org/2008/01/30/why-you-shouldnt-eat-this-fish-pangas-pangasius-vietnamese-river-cobbler-white-catfish-gray-sole/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't like cooked salmon or cod

Don't know if you can find it where you live but meagre is one of my favorite fish. Just grill it with nothing other than salt, pepper and citrus and it's fucking delicious.

try burbot, delicious springy meat

Grouper.

Very tender.

Tilapia is the obvious answer, but you have to season it well. Blackened catfish is great, along with "sea bass." Halibut is nice and mild, trout is way too fishy for me, tho.

Fish I like:

Basa.
Vietnamese catfish.
>possibly labelled as: cobbler, river cobbler, pangasius, panga, swai, bocourti
>also subject to dumb as fuck "catfish war" bullshit, so may be hard to find or way overpriced in the US
Very mild yet tasty.
Flakes if you even look at it funny.
Goes very well with lemon and pepper.

Monkfish.
>possibly labelled as: frog-fish, sea-devil
The ugliest thing in existence.
Doesn't flake at all and is more like meat than fish. Can be barbequed easily.
Sort of like vaguely fish flavoured chicken.
Excellent for adding to heaping bowls of rice / noodles / pasta.

Really watch for salmon, almost all is from fish farms, that means no more healthy food. They feed antibiotics to prevent diseases. They also are feed carrots because without krill in they diet meat would be white. Personally i do not eat samon more than once a month and i live in iceland.

If you can get some wild fishes, anything that is not imported from asia or scandinavia, they all are cheating farming fishes like chickens with lots of bad stuff.

Monkfish is fucking delicious indeed.

Also if you live near the sea or have a good fishmonger nearby, just try out the various type of fishes that almost nobody buys, most of the time you'll have a pleasant surprise since most peoples always go for what they now instead of trying new things. Bonus is that they're usually cheap since they don't sell well.

This too, salmon is fucked up almost everywhere.

A little out of subject but if you ever have the chance to taste lamprey definitely try it out.

panga is probably the only really trash tier fish I know of

If by trash you mean delicious, then yes.

Can't beat sardmemes

>sardmemes
Can't be a meme food if it's not mainstream

dietmindspirit.org/2008/01/30/why-you-shouldnt-eat-this-fish-pangas-pangasius-vietnamese-river-cobbler-white-catfish-gray-sole/

im going to backtrace the next faggot that says "meme food", then come over to his house and brutally rape him

Nice scare story bro.

I'll bet you're a fine citizen of the US who has gleefully eaten up all the aforementioned "catfish war" bullshit generated by Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama fish farming companies and actually belives this.

Because a company wouldn't lie to you scare you away from a competitor's product now, would it?

Are farmed fish really that bad for you? I mean they taste ok to me, and I would assume that farming them is better for the species than only catching them in the wild, no? I don't really have access to anything like a local fish market nor do I know how to fish myself so farm raised stuff is usually the only thing available to me.

Half-dried saury, and japanese 'unagi'

For me, it is the swordfish, the best tasting fish

In all seriousness though swordfish is amazing. Fish and chips with battered swordfish is the tits

Ignore these assholes with there boring white shit.

Mackrel, Sardines, Herring (KIPPERS!!!) and Pilchards.

Eat brain foods like this and your OP's will end up a lot less Gay.

>Mackrel
I fucking love mackrel, but I can't help but think it's only because it's the only fish we ever ate when I was growing up.

Still, love that shit. Sliced vertically, tossed in flour, fried in sunflower oil. Delicious.

Oh, also this one:
>2 pcs. boiled mackerel
>1 pcs. smoked mackerel
>skinned, deboned, etc
>mixed into a paste with a bit of added fat (we used smoked porkback)
>serve on bread
godly stuff.

canned tuna is the best fish around

smoked mackrel is god tier, well most smoked fishes are to be honest.