How does one know if they are low IQ(Brainlet)

How does one know if they are low IQ(Brainlet)

ok i'll bite
>learn slower than other anons around you
>bad verbal abilities
>harder time combining two original thoughts

What if I do things slower than most people, but the quality of my work puts others to shame?

Then you're probably not a brainlet or just work hard

low processing speed
high general ability
I'm the same way user

I know how much that fucken sucks.

I am a sophomore chemical engineer and have earned soild ABs in almost all chem classes.

The problem is I have a speech impediment with dyslexia. Meaning my speech is often slurred and I can't pronounce certain words.

Combined with my kind personality and large size people take me for a slow giant brainlet, but I am almost halfway to earning my degree.

Shit sucks

A brainlet will refuse to try to learn something because they believe they aren't smart enough.

This.
It doesn't matter if the person learns slower because brainlet's will refuse to try.

Ask yourself "Are I smart".

If the answer is yes, you're a brainlet.

Is it smart to work hard ?

Is it smart to give up if you can't solve a problem or is it better to try harder to solve it ?

Is it an optimal use of mental resources to belittle yourself and call yourself stupid when you could have been thinking of how to solve a problem ?

We may be dumber than the next user but answering those questions correctly will allow us to become the smartest versions of ourselves.

Intelect is defined by how you think, that is the way I see it.

Best way to describe it I think:

From how many perspectives can you think?

bad life decisions

Very true. I hate when people shit like "I don't have the patience" "I'm not smart enough" Dude all you have to do is consistently try and never give up and you can git gud at something

How difficult was it for you to learn something back in school?
Did you find everything (or at least the great majority) of stuff hard? Did you need to take special classes? If so, you have a low IQ.
If not, you're at least average.

How do you make it as a chem engineer undergrad if you have subpar verbal skills? I would understand if you did any other engineering, but chem has a lot of words, preffixes and suffixes to memorize.

>Is it smart to give up if you can't solve a problem or is it better to try harder to solve it ?
It depends on how hard do you find the problem and on your need to solve it.
As a rule of thumb, one should always keep trying until they got it solved, but some problems are way too complex, and, depending on your degree, you don't need to solve it. Better to apply your intelligence somewhere else.

I didn't do anything in high school, I coasted by on a 2.1 GPA and still scored higher then friends on SATs that had 3.2+ GPAs

"be yourself"

i want to wager the more smart someone is the more they'll question if they actually are. impostor syndrome, dunning-kruger, all that.

though that might be stroking my own ego because all of the above applies to me

Dunning-Kruger gets cited way too fucking often by people who sort-of understand it.

People love it because they think that if dumb people are overconfident then their low confidence means they're smart, but it doesn't work like that. It doesn't behave the same going the opposite direction.

So you don't have a low IQ. You might not be a genius, but definitely not a brainlet.

This. People think that all smart people are humble and dumb people are arrogant, while reality is not quite that.

What is the brainlet GPA for a rank 20 college in the US?

This nigga beyond woke AF, famalam

You are the king of brainlets

I think I agree on that. Smart people I've met never really say anything about their intelligence, eventually you just kind of figure it out,they don't tell you. Some dumb people I've met are cocky and always try to throw something in about how smart and intelligent they are but constantly say retarded shit and dont have a thing to back up their intelligence other then "I smart". They usually want to study psychology but never do.

In general there is a trend, but I've met loads of narcissistic geniuses and dullards with low self-esteem. So you can't just apply the rule indiscriminately.

Depends on the college and the major. It's a lot harder to get a 3.6 as a Biology major at Cornell than it is to get a 3.6 as a psychology major at Harvard, which is notorious for grade inflation.

wut does it mean if i did this out lowd

the frequency by which they post shitty feels guy on Veeky Forums