Flavor without calories

I'm used to adding butter to basically everything but I'm getting fat as shit and need to cut out calories. I'm not eliminating butter completely, but I'm cutting back to one stick per week.

Is it possible to maintain any sort of flavor with meats without the fat? I already season well but the fat in the meat or added as part of a sauce adds so much to it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Txzq2mxJQiM
youtube.com/channel/UCddn8dUxYdgJz3Qr5mjADtA
youtu.be/1ZrxS7v2FDA?t=40s
nutritiondata.self.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stick your tongue under an automatic hand dryer

>Spices
What kind? Are you using fresh ground pepper?
Also are you using aromatics like green onion, crushed garlic, onion, bay leaves, cilantro/parsley?

Have you thought about depending more on smoke (smoke paprika, cumin, and liquid smoke), heat (cayenne powder, fresh peppers, chili flakes, hot sauce), and acid (fresh squeezed lemon juice and different vinegars) in lieu of fat?

Have you considered substituting pureed avocado or overnight-soaked and blended cashew nuts for your main fat ingredient instead?
youtube.com/watch?v=Txzq2mxJQiM
100g Butter = 717 cal
100g Cashews = 553 cal
100g Avocado = 160 cal

Preference for dietary fat is a habituated taste, as shown by a number of studies. Fat people have a much much stronger preference for fat. If you stop eating overt fats, that preference shrinks and disappears, as it does in fat people (who subsequently lose weight). People with a low intake of added, overt and isolated fats tend to find them unappealing.

So my suggestion would be to cut out the butter completely, and use spices and acids. You might also choose a cut of meat that is more fatty if you absolutely have to (meat fat at least has less saturated fat than butter) Compared to butter or some other fat-based condiment it would be preferable to use a sugar-acid-based sweet-sour sauce. Another option would be mustard.
You could also stop eating meat, since meat doesn't actually taste good as evidenced by your post.

dumbest post I've read on Veeky Forums in months

yes to ground pepper, onion, garlic, smoked paprika, cayenne, chili flakes and lemon juice

>Have you considered substituting pureed avocado or overnight-soaked and blended cashew nuts for your main fat ingredient instead?

I don't know about the cashew idea but avocado sounds good. Do you have to use the whole avocado once you cut into it? It's been a while since I've eaten it but I seem to recall it doesn't store well

Go on keto and eat 4 sticks of butter a week babe.

let the meat cook in it's own fat, it's more than enough

I have much success using half an avocado at a time. If you cut it around the pit and take half you use you can do this:

Take the remaining half with the pit still in it, and coat all the exposed avocado flesh with a good oil. I use an olive/sunflower oil mix that I use for frying. Then put the unused half in the fridge in a sealed plastic bag or plastic container just big enough to hold it.

I can get 2 solid days out of the unused portion before I even start to get suspicious.

Someone already went over the spices and aeromatics bit, but also try acidity. Wine, lemon juice, different vinegars, add at the end for a slight freshness.

Put hot sauce on everything

you fat?

you're better off cutting carbs over fat for weight loss, though cutting both is the best

Shut up fatty

i consume almost no carbs and i weigh about 160lbs

Coconut oil my man

At what height?

Slightly less harmful than butter. Why no coconut milk/cream, which has way more flavor and also some nutrients? Dumbass white people adding flavorless oil to curries during the simmer, baka

Well
People in the developing world consume almost no fat and none of them are fat or diabetic

>none of them are fat or diabetic

"no"

You cutting back to a stick a WEEK? For just yourself???

How much did you eat before

Probably because they're for completely different uses? Oil is for cooking with, its not an ingredient in this case like milk or cream

Eat low carb, high fat.

Maybe switch to darker meat when you have the oppertunity, use thighs instead of breasts and whatnot

Helpless white people I know add the extracted oil to a simmering curry, long after the sauteing step, "for flavor" because they aren't aware the canned stuff exists, because it's not a pseudo-healthy meme like coconut oil.

There's also this marvellous thing they do called exercise.

Why are you under the impression that coconut oil isn't healthy?

Well
That's just not true.

You know nothing about dieting, eat more fatty meats and less carbs. Fatty meats are good for you, carbs are not.

>carbs are bad

Carbs are empty calories. If you want to lose weight then you eat less carbs or cut them out completely. Eating the fatty meats gives you the energy that carbs give.

>carbs are empty calories
Quite the opposite, retard.
Learn the difference between complex and simple carbohydrates.

Keep the butter cut the carbs

>your bodies preferred energy source is empty calories.
American detected.

All calories are "empty" you obese clown. The energy substrates themselves, whether fat, protein or carbohydrates, contain no further vitamins, minerals or other nutrients in and of themselves.

However, because most vitamins and minerals are water-soluble, the fatty portion of most foods, especially animals foods, contains virtually no nutrients of note. Nuts and seeds, cocoa, coconut, chia seeds etc. are actually the only foods high in fat that also come with a lot of nutrients due to the completely different anatomy of plants vs. animals and why they contain fat. Oil, butter, lard etc. on the other hand are the perfect examples of empty calories as they quite literally contain close to nothing but fatty acids

It's called starch and sugar and it doesn't matter at all.

5'8" and i spend all day in front of the PC popping HRT

That's fucking fat in my reference frame.

You people need to be purged. There is a unit of energy used for human metabolism called Calories. You see, scientists figured out how your body metabolizes carbs, proteins, fats, alcohol, etc. and give convenient labels on food to make tracking energy easy. Calories are what you measure to control your weight; anything else is a fucking meme used by fat moms to lie to themselves as they shovel garbage into their faces and pretend to diet.

When losing weight doesn't matter what you eat, just how many calories you consume. It's stupid to say "eat a shit-ton of high calorie butter and fats, just don't eat carbs"and expect to lose weight from it.

enough for what? Or do you believe the "basting in fat" myth?

that gets expensive fast if I need to eat the whole avocado quickly

already do

yes!

My diet is low in carbs anyway apart from cereal and beer and desserts like ice cream. I reduced dessert portion sizes but it's not much in terms of calories because ice cream has a lot of air in it

>activated cashews
Sounds even more than avocados

Please never consider becoming a nutritionist

Thicc¿

>When losing weight doesn't matter what you eat,

wrong

sugars are metabolized differently by your body than fats. completely different chemical pathway with many second order effects. you are not a fucking campfire. converting calories to joules is not a 1:1 simple reaction. it's a fucking body. why don't you eat a nice diet of 1200 calories of ricin.

Just substitute butter with olive oil. Also butter is the least of your worries, a tablespoon of butter doesn't have that many calories in it. Cut other things from your diet.

>Carbs are empty calories
This has to be bait

I eat mostly candy and sugar yet I'm still very underweight? Strange, it's almost like calories matter.

Cut calories by not adding food to your butter.

Just eat butter.

some people say i've got a nice butt

>no thicc tranny gf

>You see, scientists figured out how your body metabolizes carbs, proteins, fats, alcohol, etc.

lmfao

the scientists don't know shit.

it's just one table spoon of butter though, I seem to add it to almost everything I cook

Well, personally, my thinking would just be eat less cooked foods? You can't add butter to a salad.

You also have a high body fat percentage.

My fat percentage is 10%ish and I'm a girl.

>I'm cutting back to one stick per week

What measurement is a 'stick'?

I'm assuming it is normal to eat a stick of butter per week, so a stick must be about 30g - 50g or so, yes?

pack it up boys this is simutaneously the best bait and most retarded post on Veeky Forums

mailard reaction? Anyway I was saying basting steak with butter is retarded

i hope you take multivitamins because your diet sounds malnutritious as phở

But he's right. I was going to type up a reply but this guy already nailed it:

>lost 16kg since Jan 1st
>eat pasta at least 5 of 7 days each week

Carbs are not evil and they don't make you fatter than fats or proteins. Eating more than your daily calorie "threshold" makes you get fat, no matter what you eat.

Do you know how I know you're fat and shouldn't give advice on anything regarding nutrition?

That's dangerously low, go to a doctor

>Eating more than your daily calorie "threshold" makes you get fat, no matter what you eat.
And guess how you blow the threshold without meeting your micronutrient needs or your other macro requirements? That's right, EMPTY calories.

It's like you people don't even understand why they're called "empty" calories.

This, if you like butter and want to lose weight, Keto is your answer.

I thought the same thing then realized I think we are being trolled.

Cut back on carbs. I mean way back. 50g total and only 20g of non-fiber carbs, max.

>I'm cutting back to one stick per week.
What the fuck? I've been living alone for about 16 months now, cooking for myself about 3 times per week and I've used 3 sticks of butter this entire time (assuming it's 250g). Not that much oil either, at most double of the butter I used.

This entire thread is so retarded it isn't even funny anymore. I really hope it's trolling or some a lot of you guys will die early from CVD, cancer or some other shit.

>fat causes heart disease

It's 2017, buddy.

Well you can't generalise that hard but eating tons of saturated fats and cholesterol certainly is bad, especially if you are like OP and just add it to everything because "it ain't got no taste without fat". Not to mention that meat itself is not good. I'd never quit eating meat but it is not healthy.

>eating tons of saturated fats and cholesterol certainly is bad

Wrong.

>meat itself is not good

What does that even mean?

>meat ... is not healthy

Wrong.

>Wrong
Ahah. Go read any meta study on the effect of high cholesterol and(/or) saturated fat intake. Spoiler: it dramatically increases the risk of heart disease, CVD, stroke etc.

>Wrong
It is true, once again go read the science. In terms of nutrition vegetarians are living way healthier.

Since I doubt you'll actually read I'll leave you with the nutritiondata youtube, go and search for saturated fat etc.
youtube.com/channel/UCddn8dUxYdgJz3Qr5mjADtA
youtu.be/1ZrxS7v2FDA?t=40s

Gummy bear multivitamins every day :v)
I know I have horrible health but the doctor's freak me out.

It's not the best idea to argue with these people. A popular meme among undereducated anti-intellectuals is disagreeing with established scientific opinion and consensus. That way they try to elevate their personality to that of a secret genius because they supposedly know more than the collective of people with PhDs and decades of research experience. In the realm of nutrition, that translates to believing that saturated fat, cholesterol and salt are harmless and that, conversely, carbohydrates are unhealthy.

It's classic momscience, inspired by reading Time magazine at the doctor (A while ago they ran a cover story "Eat butter", typical fake news). Several keto and paleo sites also have high Google rankings (authoritynutrition etc.), so every Google warrior tinfoil hatting retard now thinks there is a vast conspiracy to hide the evidence that humans are really supposed to eat bacon and eggs all day (which actually ties in with the reddit and youtube "le bacon" meme, so it's doubly stupid)

You know too much. You must be one of THEM.

Flavor your food the same way, just make and eat less. Don't eat to fullness. Yes it can be difficult. But I find your body gets accustomed to it after about a week.

>YouTube
>Science

>classic momscience

Like getting your facts from a YouTube video? Next you'll tell me you've heard about a grandmother who's 71 but looks 40 (Dermatologists hate her!)

Saturated fat, salt and cholesterol being unhealthy is scientific consensus and is the position held by virtually every single government, dietetics, heart health and nutrition science organization on the planet, including all of the internationally most respected and relevant ones.

The notion that all of these experts are wrong is actually not even on the level of denying global warming, it's more like flat earth theory.

>authoritynutrition
Holy shit you are right. What the serious fuck is their beginner keto guide? It's tragic yet highly amusing.
>avoid fruits
>avoid vegetables
>avoid legumes
>avoid beans
>avoid unhealthy fats: vegetable oils
>eat meat/eggs/butter/cheese

I linked the youtube because uneducated people are generally unwilling to read.
nutritiondata.self.com/
There you go, no god damn evil youtube bullshit """"science"""".

>Saturated fat, salt and cholesterol being unhealthy is scientific consensus and is the position held by virtually every single government, dietetics, heart health and nutrition science organization on the planet, including all of the internationally most respected and relevant ones.

Okay so you should have no problem finding relevant studies to support that, published in respected peer reviewed journals.

But you posted YouTube videos.

Your argument is invalid.

>nutritiondata.self.com/

I don't recognise that journal. Is it a new Tier 3 or something? What's their review policy?

1/10 apply yourself.

Also if you're having trouble get some baby carrots or celery to munch on before the meal. It's a good filler, it satisfies the desire to chew and swallow which is actually a huge part of cravings. And for the love of god don't add anything like ranch or peanut butter that defeats the whole point

Okay so you can't supply even one link to a current, peer reviewed study that supports your claim? Cool, you don't have any supporting evidence, your argument is invalid. Please try harder in future.

Why is salt unhealthy, assuming you drink a shitton of water? Is it salt levels or salt itself?

Salt increases blood pressure in most, but not all people, it damages the arteries and kidneys in all people, increases calcium excretion among other things

There is no point in linking single studies since I was talking about a scientific consensus. If you are really so interested you can just look at the position papers from the various expert organizations, which typically cite a large body of supporting evidence and possibly also opposing evidence.

Just because you can cite Siri-Tarino for the 1000th time or Mozaffarian doesn't make your position correct

Kinda related to this thread, after doing a low-fat diet for some months (it did work) anything fatty tasted basically overwhelming. That mushroom sauce with cream was incredible, almost too much to eat. It was kinda eye opening how much fat there is in most meals. You can easily have good and tasty food without.

MSG, that's it

salt is a meme perpetuated by studies funded and/or written by the sugar industry as a false flag to mislead health science away from the realisation that sugar is what really causes cardiovascular problems

there is literally nothing wrong with a reasonable high-sodium diet as long as you drink enough water and slightly increase your intake of water-soluble vitamins

Sugar, as in sucrose, and salt are both in general unnecessary and do more bad than good. But you're right that sugar is by far the bigger problem in our society.

That second paragraph is pretty pointless, "reasonable" already implies moderation and dehydration is almost never a problem for vitamin absorbtion. If you eat an excess of vitamins chances are you don't have a problem drinking enough water. Plus it would artificially increase your bodyweight.

Unnecessary as in you will always get enough salt every day even without thinking about it.

COCONUT BUTTER

Good goyim, keep avoiding the evil fats and replace them with (((whole grains))).