I work at the world's most prestigious culinary school. It's pretty great...

I work at the world's most prestigious culinary school. It's pretty great. Free food any time I want PLUS all of my children will get a free ride up to BPS/BS/BA level education.

If you want to put your McChickens down and ask me a question I'll probably answer.

So, AMA Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

lcsfacilitygroup.com
re11.ultipro.com/CUL1001/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__VT=ExtCan
ciachef.edu/cia-faculty-profiles/
youtu.be/iMdVYW14zhc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

K.

Next thread.

CIA?

Oooooh do you extensive courses in world cuisine (like Thai) or do they just teach you the majors like French, Italian, etc?

Yes.

Cuisine of Asias, not my clsssroom but yes, all students learn this. Down in the basement portion of the building next to the wine/liquor storage, also fish.

How many dishes do you wash a day Pablo?

Get em on board, I'll call it in.

Why would you fry a chicken before baking it in an oven?

I'm not a dishwasher. All the porters work for a subcontractor called LCS, they wash the dishes and clean everything else. Mostly undereducated blacks from Poughkeepsie.

lcsfacilitygroup.com

I'm a typical mix of mick and guido, I get very tan when I vacation south of the equator. Got very tanned up in Antigua a few weeks ago.

>Culinary
>Institute of
>America

You don't get to bring friends.

What do you do there?

I get a daily spending allowance for food on my ID card, part of my salary. I just est in the classroom, I usually give my "swipes" to get cookies and pastries for children of tourists wandering around to 1) make sure they have a good time and 2) to shut children up, the campus is a converted Jesuit Monastery, the stone echoes very loudly.

Cook, among other things.

What do you do?

PsyOps.

Neat.

If I take that ID card, will you die?

>jewish monestary

Really? Which location is that sounds interesting

Jesuit, you mong.

No.

Jesuits are not Jews. The New York Campus. This is the room students dine in every morning, noon and night.

That kind of looks like Harry Potter's cafeteria, you a witch?

Better picture.

>No.

A lot of loyalty for a hired cook!

Women are witches, men are wizards. Actually that word has been used a few times to describe my contributions to the culinary world.

What school did you graduate there? Would I need to go to school there to teach?

A cook is a person without the credentials to be a Chef, I however possess the credentials ergo have been certified by the ACF as a "Chef" of sorts. That testing is ridiculous.

What should I order from the bocus/escoffier restaurant?

You're pretty cocky for a hired cook.

I'm a CIA alumnus myself, it's not required to teach here, half of the instructors/educators are foreign born/trained. If you're interested in a position here's the available employment opportunities.

re11.ultipro.com/CUL1001/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__VT=ExtCan

i bet your school was free Darkie

Whatever you so desire, everything is good there.

Was becoming a chef part of your plan?

See
I'm tanned in that picture from one of the many tropical holidays I take a year. It didn't cost me anywhere near as much as it does now, then again Ferdinand Metz was a normal and rational man, Tim Ryan is not. The school has changed a lot, for instance, prior experience in the cooking industry is no longer a required prerequisite for applying students.

Since age 6, yes.

What's your favorite food?
What's the dish you like to prepare the most?

You're a big guy.

For a sous.

Bane?

>italian/irish
>CIA graduate
>teaches cooking
>works at the hyde park campus

ciachef.edu/cia-faculty-profiles/

Which one is you OP?

My money is on Dr. Zhen.

If you cut some onions, would you cry?

Central European, I have a pension for German cuisine/fine wines.

6foot3inches, 200lbs. Yea, I suppose.

Guess, I'm on there.

If you guess right first guess I'll email you digital passes to claim a free meal here at the restaurant of your choice.

Not at this point in my career no.

Extra crispness and oil extraction. Have to put it on a wire rack over a sheet pan to get this effect. Par cooking chicken before placing it into another heat source irks me, gets my "cross contamination" alarm ringing.

Genevieve Meli is a qt. Have you fucked her before?

Feminists and "diversity" hires are ill-equipped and toxic. Never dip the pen in company ink.

Are you >implying that McChickens don't taste good?

They're okay, I can make better.

What do you recommend as far as online courses, books for learning and stuff a beginner might be interested for self learning?

Eric Lanlard has excellent baking courses available for free on Youtube and online.

The CIA also had free instructional videos available on Youtube, I recommend them as well.

Books:

The Art of Cooking
The Art of Simple Food
The Science of Good Cooking

Good place to start. The YMCA and local vocational schools could offer avenues for you to travel on your path to greatness in the kitchen. Hope this was helpful.

Thanks a lot! Ill check them out, any help is greatly appreciated.

How much is it? do you have cooking competitions?

I went to JWU Providence and it really didn't do too much for my career. CIA was basically the only higher rated school in the country: so is it really that much better?

Depends on wether or not you want to obtain an AOS, BPS, go to a boot-camp. It's a lot more expensive now than when i attended.

I've competed at Bocuse d'Or America, and abroad before.

The networking I suppose, lifetime career placement. The headhunters here will find you lucrative work relatively fast.

Whats the most important thing you learned? Did you learn science like chemical reactions in food?

How to be humble and listen to/work with others.

Molecular gastronomy is idiotic but interesting all at once. I don't dabble, no.

Are you telling me you wouldn't fuck her and cum on her glasses? Cause I would.

>how to be humble in the restaurant industry

You mean like having a flexible waist that allows you to bend over easily?

do you always eat fancy or do you eat normal shit? do you have a more refined sense of taste? has my milk gone bad and i cant tell?

How do you feel about chicken nuggies
Do you like 'cha?
What would you say the most essential spices for a home cook are (aside from garlic/salt/pepper)

What kind of drugs do you like to do while cooking? A nice speedball really gets me going.

>hahahahhahaha
>he pointed out that food industry workers work 400% harder and make 10% of what other high volume mentally challenged profession employees make for the 239484332th time
>on the food and cooking board
>ha, ha ha ha

>hahahaha

So the answer is yes, you have a flexible waist. Embrace your life, it's the only one you get, cook.

That Jason fag has a very punchable face.

Should I bother getting a pastry certificate at my local college? I want to work in a bakery and become a pastry assistant eventually. I'm an oldfag, so pastry chef is not a career option. Haven't found any baker's apprentice gigs in my city when I look online.

>Molecular gastronomy
Seems like that's just a bunch of samey gimmicks that don't really break any new ground.
>espuma and solid food bubbles, oh my!
I have a science background and I understand cooking techniques better when people explain the science behind it, though. Like how cast iron vs aluminum pans can be easily explained by the materials' physical properties and so on.

Is there any good book that explains the science behind food, specially bread?

Yes.

I just finished oatmeal with butter and salt with an apple. So no.

Tendies>nuggies.

'Cha is a bastardization of culture by a poor desperate man for money.

The most essential spice is salt probably, memeing aside I'd say sumac or paprika.

I don't do drugs anymore, I do drink from time to time. Lots of cocaine in the 80s though.

Lack of trip = you're talking to yourself, samefag.

Credentials you can frame and hang on your wall are inspirational. It would provide the networking necessary to work in your preferred industry, or you could simply walk into a bakery and ask the owner/baker.

Alton Brown can help you more than I can.

The Bread Builders or The Bread Bible are the most informative in my experience.

Hello Gus Fring.

Do you know of any books for delicious meals (not bodybuilder peanut butter canned tuna bullshit with broccoli rice) that would provide complete nutrition for each meal (something like 100% RDA of all vitamins and minerals per 1-3 meals a day or 1 big meal a day)? It would be nice if they we're quick to make. I haven't seen any such thing, but perhaps you might know of of some obscure tome that contains the hallowed recipes that I seek.

*most prestigious culinary school in the us

I've actually read a few books surrounding this subject. The Shredded Chef wad very helpful to me, helped me shed weight and cut hard without starving, having on-site nutritionists to develop a diet plan for me didn't hurt either. I recommend that book.

The world.

Le Cordon Bleu is bankrupt and closing all their campuses. Chef of the Century Paul Bocuse sent his son Jerome to the CIA knowing there was no higher place of learning, to refine his culinary acumen.

All other schools/academies pale in comparison. People from around the planet matriculate there, and save up their pennies to test under the pannel of the ACF to potentially earn them an CMPC, CEC, or CMC certification, which, when presented to your employer is a guaranteed raise of 100% salary, and other potential employers ramming the door down to throw piles of money at you. After I obtained my CEC certification at age 27, Kraft actually paid one of their head-hunters to take a 2 week cruise on the Carnival line I wad working on at the time, and berate/harrass me non-stop until I agreed to an interview.

>Kraft
Bet you took the job too.
kek, this is getting better and better.

No. Their corporate development Chefs are underpaid and I would have had to live in New Jersey, no thanks. I didn't want to get paid to poison people with artificial potato chip flavors and yellow ooze on macaroni.

This thread makes me want to write a Good Will Hunting type script about a southie genius dishwasher that learns cooking my himself and then beats up all the CIA snobs

Like the Life of Jack?

Would you agree that Japanese food is bland and totally overrated?

Most of the dishwashers are "near retarded" levels of intelligence from the inner city or illegal immigrants who work for a subcontractor called LCS, I've mentioned it before ITT.

I don't think maintaining high standards makes me a snob, you know...you COULD go back to your Jackposting if you wanted.

>this thread

I prefer the lovely Tams.

I love Japanese food. I wouldn't say it's bland, but most Japanese cuisine is comprised of the same basic ingredients/spices. Nikujaga is my favorite Japanese dish.

Michael A. Garnero, I bet.

>refers to dishwashers as "near retarded"
>doesn't consider himself a snob
I hope you slip into a deep fryer, fuckwad. Get out of my industry.

SimplySaraKitchen isn't a meme on this board anymore? Damn, it's been a while since my last shitpost.

youtu.be/iMdVYW14zhc

The porter staff before being fired and replaced in their entirety by a subcontractor, were unionized workers with many benefits, including free tuition for their children. The people who agree to work minimum wage for LCS are mentally challenged, considering 3 years ago the workers doing the same job made 3x the pay. Only an idiot would agree to something like this, or illegals with no other option.

>being this mad about washing dishes

Dish washers are important, crucial for a well functioning kitchen. Exploited idiots working for a subcontractor are just that, idiots. There are higher paying gigs available locally to these people. Inam strongly against LCS being on this campus.

And would they get offered the same deal as the unionized workers were on were they to ask for it?

So what pray tell does this have to do with anything?

It seems to me that, in fact, you are the retarded one, for bringing up such an obvious red herring in the hope of diverting attention away from your pretentiousness.

Only an idiot with no experience in real kitchens would doubt that the difference between a good service and a total shitfight can be, and often is, a decent KP.

As they say, those who can't, teach.

>put down the mcchickens
Never!