What's your favourite supermarket, britfags?

What's your favourite supermarket, britfags?

Pretty much anything but Tesco. Although I don't think I've ever been in a Waitrose or Morrisons so I have no real opinion on them.

Yeah Aldi. It's the shit man. And I'm a student so savings galore and I can afford to eat like a king. If they don't have an ingredient I need usually ASDA as backup. Also kinda cheap.

I generally get a plane ticket to Florida every two weeks to hit up Publix.

I like Lidl for their bakery

not a britfag but just wanted to say aldi is based

Aldi for college-quality home cooking, but I dig marianos and trader joes

>aldi instead of lidl.

lmao fukkin neck urself, i bet you prefer asda over tescos as well.

Lindl is coming to my area, what can I expect?

Oh it's "Lidl"

Figures my mom got it wrong when she told me about it. It sounded familiar.

As someone who works at Tesco's head office, why?

Aldi/Lidl for cooked meats, cheese, chocolate, beer.
Raw meat - local major Butcher

Everything else - whatevers cheapest

I honestly can't say why. I have never been in a Tesco that I liked; the layout always seems weird, and it all just feels...cheap, for some reason. It's irrational but there you go.

Oh and also corporate tax structures.

Aldi has bad meat selection imo. Is one better than the other?

cooked meat/deli meat is good

Unless your Aldi is dire.
raw meat I'd go local.

Not him, but from personal experience Lidl meat is actually very good (better than E.g. ASDA), and Aldi meat is fucking disgusting.

I stopped buying meat from Aldi after
1) Beef that was as chewy as a trainer's sole
2) Chicken that claimed to be in date but was so off when I opened it, I retched. It stank the stank the kitchen out. Literally disgusting.

*In my experience, Aldi=Lidl

Depends on what they stock

Not them but -
anything REMOTELY fresh i.e. Deli counter, cheese counter, fish counter, meat counter, bakery nobody cares about.

We use Tesco cos its cheap

I'm a Britfag but I moved to Canada almost 14 years ago.

I have faint memories of Asda existing and that's pretty much it. I'm going back to the UK in September this year with my fiance (who has never been)

Where should we go to shop? Which places are going to be best as far as variety and trying uniquely British foods (for him) and as far as prices go (for us both)

We'll be in and around Birmingham if that matters

>Where should we go to shop?

There isn't much difference between the big four (Tesco, ASDA, Sainsbury's, Morrisons). Lidl & Aldi have are more European feel to them, but are also everywhere.

You'll be able to get whatever you want (you should be a good judge of whatever you consider "uniquely British") in any of the big four, and he'll be so overwhelmed by the Brummie accent he won't care anyway.

ASDA is dire, don't go there. As said Lidl/Aldi are more europoor so if you want midrange UK type stores go to Sainsbury's, Morrison's or Tesco. Upper-range go to Waitrose, M&S.

From best to worst
>Morrisons
>Sainsbury's
>Tesco
>Iceland
>Waitrose
>WholeFoods

I use Tesco over Asda now but wish Tesco still sent coupon books rather than just X off your shop

aldi sells milk at literally 98cents a gallon, safeway/giant is like 4.50$. what am i drinking, it certainly is not milk. how do they sell it so cheap

Marks & Spencers should be somewhere between Waitrose and Wholefoods

Tesco, because I work there.

This guy is right. Aldi and Lidl are fine but Asda shoppers are absolute filth. I usually try not to be so elitist but they really are the scum of society.

If I walk into an ASDA I get fucking glared at by the local attendees and I'm far from fucking wealthy, I don't know If its my hair or the way I look but I clearly aren't one of ""them"".

Iceland.

Tesco always feels way more chav than ASDA.

Lidl - Where I normally go, good price to quaility ratio

ASDA - Would probably shop here if there was one around

Aldi - Cheap but not as good as Lidl, generally don't go there much

Tesco - Not cheap actually that cheap and not really great stuff either, I avoid it unless its the only option

Waitrose - Good for "exotic" stuff that you are unlikely to find elsewhere

Morrisons - Needlessly expensive

Sainsburys - Needlessly expensive

Aldi has a ton of shit that Aldi doesn't. Find it better quality as well. And maybe a little cheaper, being a Veeky Forums student. Only thing Lidl has over Aldi is the bakery, and I don't believe that's in all stores anyway. Staff seem awful at all the Lidl stores I've been to as well. Don't know what they have to complain being paid more than most other superstores would

>Aldi has a ton of shit that Aldi doesn't