Never saw a thread in here about him

Never saw a thread in here about him...

Terrence Malick threads go on /tv/

ben bernake?

Read four of his books this year, they were indeed laugh out loud funny even if Mort happened to be a bit lame in its last third.

"The closest thing to Pratchett out there is Shakespeare. Yes, really."
"This has to be the highest level of fiction. It does everything that great fiction does—but then makes us laugh too."
"In five hundred years, it won’t be the Nobel laureates who are being studied. It’s going to be this guy."

- Brandon Sanderson

kys

Light hearted entertainment as he provided it is frowned upon by the pseuds that congregate here on Veeky Forums.

Though I bet more have read him than Nietzsche and fucking Kierkegaard.

I opened this thread thinking it was him

lol

ahahahahahahahahahahhaahaha is this serious

Its possible to be both amusing and insightful,and Terry Pratchett walked that line. The early Rincewind stuff was good,the later stuff better,the last disturbing . Facing a disease that robs a writer of his ability to read must have been soul crushing,and I am glad for every drop drawn from that well that ran dry way too soon.

lel

It does everything that great fiction does—but then makes us laugh too.

there was a sticky when he died, that was up for more than a week.

I always liked the guy a lot. I watched his documentary on assisted suicide and it really got to me.

What books of his should I read? I like other reddity humour books like hitchhiker's guide but when I tried The Colour of Magic it didn't do much for me. Should I stick with discworld or try some of his other stuff?

Kek no wonder a man with such opinions produces endless streams of garbage

Check out Good Omens that he co-wrote with Gaiman.

Colour of Magic is the most blantently D&D humour one of the lot, it's also weirdly structured. Get the books about the witches or something, lots of literary allusions and what have, quite good fun.

>Never saw a thread in here about him...
He was a crap writer.

His very early stuff is merely good,and forgivable since he was learning his craft at the time but enters his stride with the later series. In fact,I'd ignore the Rincewind books and read them last after exploring the others.

Guards! Guards! The first of the Nights Watch with Sam Vimes.
Witches Abroad Granny Weatherwax and Nanny Ogg.
The Wee Free Men. Tiffany Aching and the Nac Mac Feegles. Technically a children's series but wonderful for any age.
Mort. The first Death book.
Going Postal. Moist von Lipwig. Also a great movie adaption.

And there's a number of books that fall in between,like the Truth and Moving Pictures. Another children's trilogy involving miniature people living in a department store was fun (Diggers,Truckers and Wings) Maurice and His Educated Rodents is another Transcendent kidlit book worthy of your time. All are,really,but this list will be best for getting a taste for his stuff.

Love this guy.