youtube.com/watch?v=Xj5R5o-yhcc
youtube.com/watch?v=m_q6RZqZaPw
youtu.be/HpAUUeitABE
youtu.be/6nm4zsgDeRg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Louise Mensch is fuckin mentally ill

Reported to GCHQ

Politicians are also fiction writers.

I don't think she has ever thought about anything she has said. She just opens her mouth and lets the reactionary, ignorant opinions flow.

She's a walking Veeky Forums

but all females are.

Sounds like my kind of girl.

>Question Time

It's like The Guardian and Daily Mail of television all rolled into one.

he has also been a political journalist

louise mensch is a complete car crash although she did used to scrub up quite nicely

Is Louise Mensch the one who was an unironic serial groupie?

Was she involved in one of those perverse sex rings that we used to hear so much about?

She just used to take hard drugs and fuck members of metal bands when she was in her 20s

Remember when Louise Mensch claimed she took drugs whilst being a member of the 'Conservative' party and got called out by John Lydon, aka ex leader of the sex pistols

Strange stuff:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xj5R5o-yhcc

Farage is also a fiction writer

Then he must be a wizard, since his fiction has become reality.

>louise mensch

muh dick

>will self

muh thesaurus

Fuck that bitch. "I've had my fun so no one else can have it!"

If only Brooker was as satirical

/s

Fuck I hate the supporters of Leave. Now we're all fucked and so is my holiday in Greece next year. Why the fuck do uneducated blue collar twats have as much of a vote as Oxford graduates? This is idiocracy.

>reactionary
easiest game of "find the pseud" of my life

Nice hyperbolic and self-centred worldview there, mate. I couldn't be happier that you people lost.

You're happy that you fucked over our entire country?

Stop reading The Guardian. Your affected outrage is embarrassing to read, even anonymously.

Scotland couldn't leave soon enough. We're getting the Celtic band back together!

>reactionary = pseud
What a pleb.

I despise your disaffected attitude. Just because you aren't suffering doesn't mean others aren't.

>lol you shouldn't read that shit, it makes me feel angry
>here, have some of mine. Tastes much better
True patricians understand that in or out changes only the country, and therefore, nothing.

Even some backers of "leave" realised their mistake.

youtube.com/watch?v=m_q6RZqZaPw

If you truly had a care for people's suffering you would have supported Leave, but you're a sociopathic centre-left herd animal who thinks a Humanities Degree marks you as part of an elect caste that is superior to the normal working class people who every day have to deal with the misery of mass immigration.

Its unfortunate how insignificant and vapid all of their arguments are (especially Lydon's). None of them are making significant or relevant points, and what little they do have to say is being expressed in a confused, inarticulate, and elliptical manner. Part of this is simply because the people who are pro-ILLegalization don't have much of an argument to begin with, but people like Lydon who are pro-LEgalization have a strong and convincing argument, and Lydon should be able to present it (and if he can't he'd do better not to make a laughing stock of those who support it by sounding like an uneducated white-trash illiterate).

However in this instance, someone like Lydon should be able to construct and present a solid argument. He does have a point in saying that information should be made available and should be reported to the public, and to the youth in particular, in a honest and accurate manner. However, this in no way entails that drugs should be legal (although they certainly should), but rather simply states that the public should, as much as possible, be informed on the nature and usage of drugs in general. The real argument that should be made in favor of drug legalization is (1) harm reduction, and (2) personal freedom and civil liberty. Of course there are additional and peripheral arguments, but these two are the most significant, convincing, and on their own stand a sufficient to establish that drug should be legalized, regulated, taxed, and made consistent.

(All that being said, I respect Lydon and the Sex Pistols, and think that they were definitely a great band. Personally though, as far as punk is concerned I prefer shit like Joy Division, Swans, and Throbbing Gristle, and then also bands that are a little more hardcoreish like Minor Threat, Fugazi, Black Flag, Orchid, Circle Takes the Square, Converge, etc. I do realize that the Sex Pistol were a bit earlier then most of these bands. I'm actually a really huge fan of punk, but to be honest the best popular music of the 70s is, in my opinion, probably progressive rock like Jethro Tull, Camel, Yes, Can, etc. Anyway sorry for the verbose digression about music tastes.)

I hate you

>misery of mass immigration
Yes, the misery that other people are granted the same rights and opportunities as yourself.

youtu.be/HpAUUeitABE

Dank ass prog. rock (link related).

>t. sheltered white person living in a homogenous and prosperous area

I'd love it if you people could put down your false piety for two seconds and actually look at the reality of the situation.

Who was suffering? If anything people are suffering now due to the economic instability and the rise in hate crime
inb4 boohoo liberual tears boohoo, people are literally using the excuse of a "free Britain" to wail on immigrants. But that doesn't matter because in all they aren't human right?

>I cannot into ethics but I must shitpost

Scary brown people are taking your jobs? Britain isn't yours and never was, you entitled man-baby. Stop acting like you're somehow more entitled to Britain than new citizens and European visitors.

>I am an ethical and enlightened superior being
>this is demonstrable as I taciturnly support events like Rotherham, Rochdale, and Banbury
>I also sneer at my own countrymen who are poorer than me to prove how not-racist I am

James O'Brien is a fucking sensationalist leftist hack

embarrassed you actually take that shit seriously

>muh right wing sinner has come to confess his sins for voting to leave the EU, all is forgiven my child
>muh bloke can't afford a train ticket, here I'll pay for it, wouldn't the world be a better place if you were all left wing like myself because I'm a good guy
>some bloke got a guy some shoes and called in about it, bless you my child here are some good boy points

He did sum up the personal liberty bit to a degree and mocked Mensch's self-righteous position. Like the black woman, most people are oblivious to drugs and their effects and why some drive individuals to illegal behaviour (thievery/prostitution etc) and equate that drugs = destruction. Education or at least some sort of public appeal ought to be made, to elicit a ((sober)) discussion on drugs.

Nice music taste man, you may be interested to read "Chasing the Scream: First and Last Days of the Drug War" by Johann Hari

>hating the catastrophic social experiment called multiculturalism means you are a racist
>people who have lived contiguously in a place for over a thousand years don't have an inherent right to live there more than others

I wonder if you'd apply these same standards to foreigners as well.

Actually, we as the natives of Britain have inherited this isle from our forebears who built this nation up so that we may reap the benefits of their labour, not so some corporatist MPs can flood the country with the descendants of layabout Africans and Muslim goat herders.

What they have done is frankly treason.

>everyone I disagree with is a hack

Farage is just as much a sensationalist as you claim O'Brien to be and yet you swallow everything he says like mana from heaven

>Joy Division, Swans, and Throbbing Gristle
>Minor Threat, Fugazi, Black Flag, Orchid, Circle Takes the Square, Converge
>Jethro Tull, Camel, Yes, Can

Really good tastes desu senpai. Post-punk, hardcore, screamo, and prog are all really great music genres. Personally, I'm a huge fan of both Indian Summer and Saetia. They really combine a lot of element of both Post-punk and screamo (as I'm typing this I realize that the same could be said for a lot post hardcore bands).

Nai harvest is a pretty good contemporary hardcore band (although the whole "wave"/twinklecore thing they were a part of is really starting to fade and dissipate at this point). youtu.be/6nm4zsgDeRg

where on Earth have I said I swallow everything that comes out of Farage's mouth?

I came to this thread to let you know you're a fool who's bought into a golden voiced radio host's spiel.

it's evident by your >response that you at least side with Leave.

then show me evidence of O'Brien being a hack rather than relying on shitposting

>He fell for the 70's prog rock meme
I laso used to be like that, kiddo.

>germanics
>natives

She also writes novels thay would make Danielle Steele look patrish by comparison. She's very much like Jeff Archer, and the comparison to Veeky Forums is apt if you think comments like "my rad works at nintendo" are serious.

BLOODY ANGLO-SAXONS COMIN' OVER 'ERE FROM NORTHERN CONTINENTAL EUROPE

>here are some good boy points
That's some spicy ideology.

What do you listen to these days famalam? I have pretty broad tastes, and prog rock is only a small fraction of what I listen to.

In general, my favorite shit is like the various punk/hardcore type stuff I mentioned, black metal, and classical (a little Bach but mostly Romantic and Avante-Garde stuff like Alexander Scriabin, Igor Stravinsky, Friedrich Chopin, and Sergei Rachmaninov);.

Ha and no response from the cunt because you hit the nail on the head

>Stewart Lee
Go back to fucking reddit you donkey

Listen to Public Image Ltd if you haven't. Lydon's post-Pistols post-punk group.

Keep watching reruns of MDE buddy and crying into your pillow wondering why no one takes you seriously

faragel looks like a protagonist from a noire movie

take your romanticism nonsense elsewhere please

Sam Hyde is actually a pretty cool guy tbqh famalam - and this is coming from a liberal. So, yeah, basically don't insult the man or hurt the feelings of his fans (like me) who tend to be perfectly adequate, friendly, and productive members of society.

Tl;dr (already a short post anyway, but whatevs) don't hurt my feelings or bully me,

I'm glad you at least acknowledge that we're experiencing an invasion comparable to the Dark Ages

Scotanon here
This is the plan

>getting ANOTHER referendum until you get the desired outcome

you Scots really do love the EU model

>the first referendum is beautiful democracy and reflects the will of the people
>a second referendum is the exact opposite

These bastards can't understand that allowing in 300,000 plus individuals into a nation every year actually causes economic disaster, buckling of our national services, a housing crisis and the inevitable but now accelerated collapse of the welfare state.

He really isn't. The post-irony/sarcasm/absurdist shtick is boring, poorly written and just lazy. Shocking for the sake of being shocking isn't comedy. His tedx talk was funny for pulling the wool over the eyes of people that attend those types of things, but as WP has shown, the guy really isn't that funny

I don't know about how it is in England, but in America I run into this superior, if-only-college-educated-people-were-allowed-to-vote-then-dems-would-win-every-election attitude often. Whats up with this false elitism? When I point out to these people that if only people with STEM degrees or people who actually pay taxes could vote then conservatives would win every time they get super, super asshurt.

>or people who actually pay taxes
Trump voted Democrat?

Nearly every STEMlord I know is a liberal, and more often than not they're the ones crying out that only the enlightened collegiate deserve the privilege of voting rights.

That exact person exists in England. I honestly think it's a massive cover for some deep insecurity. They're often very childish and unstable people who get extremely upset very easily.

statistically

Wtf are you on about? You can detest mass migration without hysterically invoking muh treason. I imagine your forebears fought for democracy too, but you're probably happy to chuck that out the window when it doesn't go your way.

It could be called treasonous, what New Labour did could be called such a thing. Their end game was culturally changing the face of britain via mass immigration and defending the new face of britain via political correctness, they couldn't trust the white working class to vote for them, as 10 years of Thatcher had shown, take note how Rotherham and co only came out after New Labours defeat.

What would your ideal Britain look like? Completely white?

STEM fags are retarded when it comes to politics. They are always leftist scum

>Completely white

So, natives of Britain, and to a wider point, Europe?

In pretty much any country though, you should expect the population of 1st-3rd generation immigrants to be at about 5% of the total. Doesn't really matter where these immigrants come from, by 3rd generation they'll be fully integrated into said society because the 1st generation doesn't have enough numbers to willingly curtain themselves into a ghetto.

Farage wasn't a member of that campaign you faggot shill

>that level namedropping
music was not even the subject of the matter
and youre a pleb
dont think you arent just because you pretend to like swans

This is an American website created for the discussion of American topics by Americans. Posts about non-American culture belong on /int/ or /b/

Nothing wrong in principle with name-dropping as long as you're not being autistic, a pseud, or pretentious about it. What's truly plebeian is thinking it's possible to avoid the intentional construction and projection of an identity or self-image. However, the nature of social interaction presupposes and necessitates exactly such an activity, for exactly a process of this sort lies at the very heart of social interaction and the phenomenology intersubjective experience (c.f. Heidegger; Wittgenstein). At any rate, what I was doing wasn't really cringey or anything because I was trying to make myself look kool or demonstrate how knowledgeable I am and how "developed" my musical taste is. Perhaps I was a little overzealous, but my main purpose was to genuinely and authentically share some artists I like, perhaps generate some commentary, but at the very least "advertise" or provide some exposure for bands I genuinely like.

not exclusively

Nothing wrong in principle with name-dropping as long as you're not being autistic, a pseud, or pretentious about it. What's truly plebeian is thinking it's possible to avoid the intentional construction and projection of an identity or self-image. However, the very nature of social interaction presupposes and necessitates exactly such an activity, for precisely this kind of process lies at the heart of social interaction and the phenomenology intersubjective experience (c.f. Heidegger; Wittgenstein). At any rate, what I was doing wasn't really cringey or anything because I wasn't trying to make myself look kool or demonstrate how knowledgeable I am and how "developed" my musical taste is. Perhaps I was a little overzealous, but my main purpose was quite genuine and authentic and amounted to a desires some artists I like with the Veeky Forums community, perhaps generate some commentary, and at the very least "advertise" or provide some exposure for bands I genuinely like.

>inb4 kek wtf correcting and resubmitting an entire post on a Argentinian Fried Chicken Internet Forum

>Will "1922 Count Dracula" Self
>Louise Untermensch

At least Farage is there.

And I still fucked up
*my main purpose was quite genuine and authentic, and amounted to a desire to share some artists I like with the Veeky Forums community.

Perhaps nobody gives a fuck (although it looks like at least a few people do), but most of all it was sincere and came from the heart. In short, I wasn't trying to show off. (The most show-offy thing I seem to be guilty of in this exchange is trying manicure and perfect the shit prose of these post in an attempt to not sound completely inarticulate.)

QT2

>My holiday in an overrated European version of Mexico is more important than the future of my country

I mean, considering that one of the promises made by the Better Together campaign to keep us in the Broken Marriage was that we'd have a stable relationship with the E.U, and now the complete opposite has occurred, do you really think the prospect of another referendum is a bad idea or somehow undemocratic?

I don't know one Scot who hasn't come over to our side since the Brexit debacle. I don't have strong feelings about the EU but if Brexit can be leveraged to get us out of the Union I'll be tickled pink.

This makes about as much sense as Braveheart itself.

The antipathy arises from the perception that London doesn't want Scotland to continue to have a generous welfare state.

And for that reason you will throw yourselves at the tender mercies of Mr Schauble with a 9% budget deficit. Remind me again what the EU thinks of welfare states in countries with budget deficits?

Words fail me.

I'm another leftist fan of MDE, not the user you replied to, and I was mostly unimpressed by World Peace apart from a couple of skits, but I really don't agree with your assertion that what Sam Hyde is doing is "boring, poorly written and just lazy". His tedx talk wasn't funny because it fucked with the audience; I think there's more to it than that. It's funny 1) because he really captures the kind of smug techno-utopianism that these guys engage in, telling the audience to pat themselves on the back etc. and 2) because of the dissonance between the format of the ted talk, where people express a certain spectrum of ideas, and the content of his speech which constantly strays into another spectrum of "forbidden" ideas (what a /pol/fag might call "redpills", because they don't understand why MDE is funny, despite being their main audience).

They're pretty hit or miss, but to generalize all MDE's content as tired and passe is a position I just can't imagine myself into. I can't think of another comedy group who push the envelope like they do, and I'm not talking about them being "redpilled" (I'm a leftist after all). Purely in terms of formal innovation, I think they're unique and more or less unmatched.

Source: my ass

>recognizing that there has been a huge political divergence between your nation and its partner nation in the past 20 years.
>recognizing that an cultural alliance with the northern nations who you more closely resemble would be more beneficial than remaining tethered to the policies of a country heading in literally the opposite political direction from you, even in a devolved state.
>the same as painting my face blue and getting my peasant friends together to raid villages or whatever happens in Braveheart

You know Scottish people hate Braveheart right? You know that none of us entertain bizarre fantasies about war with the English?

Why do you people take this shit so weirdly seriously? It has nothing to do with you. It's not your country. You make your decisions, we'll make ours, and we'll see what happens.

I'm not gonna sit here and pretend the EU is perfect, but at the end of the day, the will of the people of my country is diametrically opposed to the will of the people of your country and I don't see how you can defend a Union that forces those divergent cultures to go down the same route.

Don't be silly, I saw it when it came out in the old Odeon on Renfield Street.

I know exactly what 'you' think and I saw it happen, I also remember the SNP when they couldn't get arrested much less voted for.

The rest of your argument is utter tripe but full marks for pretending there aren't millions of your fellow countrymen who'd give you a good kicking for even suggesting it.

I think you must be very young.

t. middle-class SNP member living in west end of Glasgow
You don't speak for scotland you twat.

>>recognizing that an cultural alliance with the northern nations who you more closely resemble

I often think this when strolling in Pollok, how much it resembles fucking Norway.

Some of us remember Alec Salmond's "arc of prosperity" speech and what happened next in the world. Can't believe the Nats are resurrecting that one again just in time for the next crisis. They must really think you are stupid.

You got a lot of people with this one. Nice meme, friend.

The fact that you think Lydon is detached from the post-punk acts you namedropped, and that you didn't associate Lydon with PiL, makes it clear that you don't know shit about the genealogy of rock music.

>wanting independence is a middle-class stance
What my man? It's got much more to do with age demographics than anything else.

Also, you're wrong on the specifics but right in the general sense; I'm a student in Glasgow. I don't know what kind of shitty worldview you have to have to think that constitutes a reason for disqualifying me from having an opinion.

And, for the record, I'm deeply mistrustful of the SNP. Not everyone who supports independence supports the SNP.

Millions of Scots who'd "give me a kicking" for suggesting what?

Look, do you seriously think comparing someone's ideology to a shitty Hollywood flick for Americans is a good way of attacking their arguments, because that's what the original poster did, and that's what I was responding to, the insinuation that people with my beliefs are living some kind of Hollywood fantasy.

And like I said above, there are plenty of us who support independence, yet have no ties to the SNP beyond the pursuit of that goal. I'm glad you have an opinion on one element of the shit-fest that is party politics, but if we could have a conversation about independence itself, that'd be a little more relevant.

Do you deny that, in terms of its policy decisions, Scotland has moved, or at least tried to move, towards a northern European model? It's pretty undeniable, whatever you might think of those countries (and I've got my own reservations about elements of that movement towards the Northern European model). But if that's what the Scottish people want (and it is), it's what the Scottish people should be allowed to do, without interference from the South

Will Self, as usual, is a cunt.

Thanks for confirming your glasgow uni bubble. Also `the South'- sounds like code for `the English'. Pretty much confirms your shitty, reactionary worldview m8.

I just started watching the QT episode and instantly will self says:

>its ironic that farage subscribes to great man theory when farage isnt a great man

Farage didnt even say he did and even if he did he isnt ironic.

I think will self is good (and farage gooder) but how does this intellectualism fail to show up in the real world? Its like lifting lots at the gym with machines.