What's the point of learning a new language

What's the point of learning a new language

Other urls found in this thread:

alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/news_article.php?newsID=1851
alz.co.uk/media/121213
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

To tell people about it

to make fun of people, right in front of them, and they can't understand you.

If English is your first language, there isn't one.

To be more intelligent.

The only right answer

for you

To be less idiot than you are nowadays dear user.
Are you seriously asking it?

this and because it's fun you depressed motherfucker plus it's a huge bonus if you want to charm a girl who speaks that as a first language.

The two correct answers

I speak english, portuguese, german, italian, spanish and japanese so you, all of you, can go to hell

>portugese
not a real language
why

>japanese
weeb
why

There is no point. Every good foreign book is translated into English, so English is the only language you need to know in order to read everything worthwhile. Foreign books translated into English make up a kind of Criterion Collection of literature from around the world. If you learn another language, the only thing you gain is the ability to read books that weren't good enough to be translated into English. It's a poor investment of time and energy.

>There is no point to learning a new language, because [ideology deleted], and this is why I'm sticking to English only.

Only a monolingual nog would think that translation works this way. Just saying.

there are things in other languages that can't be conveyed properly in english. also language is generally spoken maybe get your head of your books for awhile you virgin.

This threads needs to learn the language of being related to literature.

you are the cancer that is killing this board in every thread you post this

That's what makes English so great. It can just lift whatever it needs from other languages.

you don't say

Any language could and most do.

Wasn't expecting Bernie on Veeky Forums

Based, but at the same time DIE YOU OLD FUCK

what? can you read?
i'm saying english can't convey a shitload of things that other languages can.

Why is portguesa not real language

It's just a troll thread, those cucks back off at the slightest opposition

To read books in the original language. It's also fun.
this too

To meet to your future qt wife. How are girls in Spain or in Italy?

To quell the onslaught of neurodegenerative diseases that will inevitably plague your brain in your old age.

this
different languages have different expressions different meanings of same words its always nice to know more things etc
but on other side it will eat your time

expanding your vocabulary of expletives is probably the best reason
which is why learning japanese is retarded

Loud

I read it works for senile dementia. What other diseases does it help with

To not be ashamed when the judge of all dead asks me what i did with my life.

Dementia is a wide group of things. The leading cause of dementia is Alzheimers disease. Apparently bilingualism in illiterates results in offsetting alzheimers more than being a literate monolingual

alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/news_article.php?newsID=1851

Mortality: Specific to Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, the GBD found that deaths from dementia in 2010 rose three fold over 1990 Looking at age standardized rates of mortality, Alzheimer’s had a 95.4% increase in rates of death per 100,000 population over that same period of time.

alz.co.uk/media/121213

The phenomenon that you speak of is actually a byproduct of your anglo ancestors being cucked by literally frog people for quite a few decades (centuries)

forgot the pic pic related, it's literally who your ancestors were cucked by

Only a monolingual fag would ask a question like that.

To brag to your hipster friends and show them how multicultural you are.

To communicate with people that speak that language