Why arent these guys utilized more in mainstream cooking? I feel like we are missing out

Why arent these guys utilized more in mainstream cooking? I feel like we are missing out.

prob tastes fucked up desu

We'r al ll literrrallee orane oTangs whom well stemmms ellloells an d typorighters got gud..

I tink der i go zaaa &&a mm wut II is

To be, or not to be. That is the questipoijafsdnfdasdfajsdkfjlkjfdsajlkfjds

Too similar to humans, that's why people freak out when they hear about some remote Asian villages eating monkey

The meat we are really missing out is from reptiles, from what I've experienced they have a delicious unique taste that is best described as in-between bird meat and fish meat

Thats how hiv jumped from apes to human. Nogs eating half cooked chimpanzees that is

Bushmeat is where aids comes from you dumb dumb.

Short answer is they're endangered and like many primates, cannot be raised quickly or easily. Long answer is long and involves creepiness of primates eating other primates when they do not need to to survive.

Social taboos often have a biological basis.

They are. Every time you consume a product that contains palm oil they are dying

Because Mexicans are better at it than black people

Wasn't that how ebola started too?

This is actually untrue and a simple google search would tell you so

Economics. Orangutans grow quite slowly. It takes 8 years before a female orangutan reaches sexual maturity. Their diet of fruit would also be quite expensive compared to other farm animals.
That and I don't even know if they can be efficiently bred in dense farms. In the wild, orangutans are usually solitary, roaming large areas of forest on their own. They only meet for mating.

Also what others said: They probably don't taste very good and would likely be a vector for human diseases.

They are to close to humans. Many bacterias and viral infections can adapt and you can get sick from their infections.
Also: found the low iq african oogah boogah

That sounds disgusting. Fish is already and iffy meat. Combine that with bird. Fuck that.

Here in Ibadan we eat monkey all the time. Good meat, get it at markets, good price, tasty.

No problem.

Whats it taste like?

Thanks to subhumans like you there is Aids.

Doesnt that thing look delicious tho?
I wanna stuff it between sliced bread

Yes, but not from monkeys, from bats.

Despite appearances they're actually terrible chefs. Plus keeping their hair out of the food is a near impossibility