Cereal packaging conspiracy

Pic related. I'm being serious here.

You're all being lied to. There's no need to eat cereal out of those stupid boxes. I tried searching for an explanation why would it come in boxes, and Americans can only come up with "so it doesn't get crushed in transport". And then they go on to complain how boxes are super inconvenient.
What the fuck. You can transport cereal in bags, it's not porcelain.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vjvV2Db3fGg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's to compliment the milk in bags.

I usually buy the store brand cereal in a bag anyways

I don't want a bag like that in my cabinet. If i did I'd buy the knockoff brand for a dollar cheaper. All my boxed foods fit together nicely without some shitty bag interrupting.

The best part is that the healthfags who eat cereal are the same environmentalistfags who complain about excess waste and recycling

Slavs drink milk out of cartons. Because that makes sense. Milk can spill easily if it's in a bag.

your argument is invalid

The box in the OP's picture holds 375 grams (13 ounces).
The bag holds 500 grams (17.6 ounces).
And they take up exactly the same amount of space.

How is it justified that the cheapest brands are in bags, and expensive ones are boxed? Are boxes supposed to be superior?

>OP eats children's food
>has a child's level of reasoning

heh, you know, it almost seems like OP is a child.

Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=vjvV2Db3fGg

Let's assume I'm a child, I don't care. Please use your adult knowledge and experience and explain this to me. Why boxes instead of bags?

>not buying your cereal in bulk with a reusable glass container

OP is a pleb, enjoy your waste.

I think the boxes are mainly for presentation in the grocery store so that there can be a glorious wall down the aisle full of cereals trying to take up as much room advertising themselves as possible.

It's probably just for the kids who see people on tv pouring it from a box and want to do that too

Did it always have the plastic bag on the inside? Or was it just added later for "sanitation" or something like that?

That's exactly what I was thinking.
If environmentalistfags complain about waste, it's not needed for transport, and a lot of people would prefer to have just one layer of packaging to go through... then the only people benefiting from this are the corporations.

Not only do boxes look better in advertising, but they also hide how much empty space is inside the box.

>You can transport cereal in bags
Yes but it's logistically easier to stack boxes for transport and shelving.

Slavs have commercials with people pouring it from a bag. What's the difference?

you can get a box so you can put the bag cereal in it, if it bothers you so much

So why does Eastern Europe transport it in bags? Are they better at transportation and shelving? What?

I'm pretty sure they come in boxes

boxes full of bags

Why would he do that when he can buy the cereals in a box right away?

>it's not porcelain.
You're right. It's weaker than porcelain.

>You can transport cereal in bags
You can also kill yourself.
We have cereal in bags, but only bulk 3+ lb bags where crushed product doesn't matter because of the volume and savings.

If you don't like the box, then toss the box after your purchase it.
Are you so coddled by the state that you can't even think at a sub-human level anymore?

>HURRR SUPPORTING THE PAPER INDUSTRY IS BAD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT

retarded leftist anti-industry cucks

because its cheaper

I've been eating cereal for 20 years now, trust me, they don't get crushed in bags any more than in boxes.

All I'm saying is, if environmentalistfags complain about waste, then instead of resigning themselves to "oh, that's just how it has to be", they should demand that their transportation becomes slav-tier. How hard can that be.

If you care about 5 cents of paper and ink, then you are going to buy generic.
And if you still care about the 5 cents, you are going to buy bulk.
And if you still care about the 6 cents, you are going to buy generic bulk.

i'm a canadian and have had bagged milk my whole life but for some reason i watched that entire video.

>OP makes this thread to bitch at his own environmentalist strawman when there are no environmentalists on Veeky Forums

I swear to God, you people just want an echo chamber to virtue-signal at over and over again.

First of all, I'm not American. Second, I'm not an environmentalistfag.

I'm just saying that getting crushed in transport is not a valid explanation for the existence of those boxes. It's 100% advertisement.

>make some bullshit environmentalist/waste argument
>it turns out to be bullshit

>NUH-UH I DIDN'T MAKE DAT ARGUMENT

Are you a nigger?

>I've been eating cereal for 20 years now, trust me, they don't get crushed in bags any more than in boxes.
perhaps hearty cereals like mini-wheats/spooners, grapenuts, pebbles, corn pops, etc.
But for glass based cereal like captain crunch that's bogus.

>environmentalistfags
They are retarded. That's just how it has to be.

Why would you eat that sad kibble?

>mfw people still think paper is bad for the environment and instead try to proclaim hydrocarbon based plastics over a renewable resource

Both are renewable...

i find it weird that she snips the bag in an upward motion. i always to downward motion and produce a small to medium sized hole.

Plastics recycling has shit efficiency compared to paper, metal, or glass recycling.

You can make new hydrocarbon.

>some people complain how boxes are super inconvenient
>some people complain how boxes are bad for the environment
>I say boxes are not needed at all, and I hypothesize they're just there because producers want to advertise better

how is this making a waste argument?

option A) paper and plastic
option B) just plastic

Unless using paper contributes positively to the environment (like one user said), your argument is invalid.

>abiogenic fag spotted, opinions disregarded

>Boxes are not needed
>therefore they are this nebulous category that isn't waste because I can't handle being wrong on Veeky Forums

Stay classy

>implying paper use doesn't contribute positively to the environment

MORE DEMAND FOR PAPER = MORE TREES

how hard is it for you brainlets to understand?

Relax mate.

>boxes are not needed
>but they contribute to the environment
>they are easily biodegradable

Boxes are both not needed, and not anti-environment.

>and not anti-environment

So you mean... *GASP* they're pro-environment?

God you people are so obsessive about being proven "le wrong" on this site, it's like a joke. It's fucking anonymous, who gives a shit?

Because you can't put big colorful labels and advertising on a bag.

Cereal is targeted at children as a impulse by. That's why they all have mascots, big colorful boxes, and why they're all places where children can see them/generally eye level

The bag is worse for enviorment. If you use the box + bag, your plastic bag doesn't need to be as thick as when you use a box too. And paper is good for enviorment if your country recycles and regulates.

cereal is already shit

my cereals come in a bag

why do you eat dog kibbles?

who else /boxed potato chips/ here?

If they don't come in boxes how else can I pour it so perfectly like in the commercials?

>tfw the cereal settles in the bottom.

>>abiogenic fag spotted, opinions disregarded
Or... or... Both are true.

Seeing as how we can do both... Why does it matter how natural crude came about?

>the cheapest brands are in bags
Nigga sorry to break it to ya but the cereal in the bags are now the same price as the name brand cereal is now.

digits confirm jewery

seek help.

He's either a /pol/ tard or just "pretending" to be retarded

we also seem to generally have bagged cereal, at least in Poland
interesting
cookie crisp > chocapic btw

kekus maximus