Rate my pork tenderloin

Other urls found in this thread:

cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/12350-kohlrabi-home-fries,
thelemonbowl.com/mashed-cauliflower-and-kohlrabi/
forums.egullet.org/topic/63947-plating-and-presentation/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is that a donut hole?

It's a potato croquette

More than 1 sauce, onions burnt, tenderloin doesn't even look cooked, croquette is a nice touch. 9/10 for effort, 3/10 execution.

Looks like some kinda sci-fi crime scene involving extra terrestrials

Surprisingly reverse image search has nothing so.

The portions are too small. The presentation is embarrassing. It's pretensions. Clearly its trying to immitate fine dining but is only picking up on the basic concepts like sauce smeared on the plate small pieces but failing in all the real tells of quality.

Too much black sauce, looks like you lost control of it. Better off in a side dish.The Green sauce touching the black and that tan donut hole is a colour palate nightmare. The potato's just dropped on the side like mom dropped them on your plate next to scrambled eggs. Tiny cut sizes on the potato is a mistake makes them hard to eat. Too much crunch on them with surly bring the illusion of class that's so obviously attempting to be perpetuated fails spectacularly because of this by harkening to fast food fries.

To sum it up. Serve real portions. Stop emulating chefs far and above your league. If you're going to plate you food like it's art, learn the first thing about art.
3/10 I can tell effort was made but it's all in vain if you don't understand the basics

It was my dish at a finnish cooking competition for cook students

it's bc it doesn't looks like the food you usually eat? I mean cheeseburgers and grease you lardass?

The cubes are kohlrabi, not potato

Well whatever they are there's enough black sauce to drown them 5 times over.

Also the uneven line and I don't even know what happened at the bottom of the green sauce makes it look amaturish.

How did you place in the competition though? A truly refined taste could have saved this but if the judges are anything like me theyll have done a ln internal cringe.

Too heavy on the green sauce, and the little home fries Don't really fit the rest of the presentation, it looks like of lazy.

Hm. I thought they were onions. Here are two ideas for the next round: cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/12350-kohlrabi-home-fries, thelemonbowl.com/mashed-cauliflower-and-kohlrabi/ (not necessarily these recipes, mind). What kind of sauce is that, and what's the green purée? What is the stuff on the loin? Bit of advice: always KISS: keep it simple stupid.

Didn't go as well as I hoped but better than I feared. Didn't go to the final but wasn't last either so I was happy enough. The judges gave me good feedback

That's great. Keep at it.

Red wine sauce and horse bean puree

>Those portions

Are you gay, European, or both?

European only

That about figures. I'd be interested to see what the winning dishes looked like.

I don't have a pic but way different and way better than any other

I think it looks great.. I would have tried to contain the dark sauce, though.

We're they in the same style as yours? Over plated over decorated?

Brb i gotta take a shit

>We're?
Nah, they were better

Thanks. I hope I'll do better in next years competition

This is how'd I would've approached it. For what it's worth. Green bits are chives.

I'm sure you will. The effort is there. If youre serious about the art angle. If you wanna play your food like art you gotta do two things. 1. Study some art, especially basics like colours and leading the eye. 2. Don't forget it's meant to be eaten. Don't go overboard, and make it physically easy to consume. (For example, those kohlrabi were too small to easily eat with a fork)

>doesn't know what kohlrabi is
>feels qualified to comment on someone's cooking
You're a fucking cretin. Shouldn't you be in a fast food thread?

To his post Here's a good read for you: forums.egullet.org/topic/63947-plating-and-presentation/

Not bad OP. Not bad at all.

You're right. He even said he was a fucking cooking "judge," lmao.jpg.

I know what kohlregi is it just looked like potato? That's like saying someone doesn't know what a turkey burger is because they thought it was beef in a picture.

I never said I was a cooking judge in any way shape or form. You are so stupid that you can't read properly.

Happy Meal ateriassa seikkailevat nyt Smurffit Kadonnut Kylä elokuvan hahmot

wheres the food?

Happy Meal in the meal are now exploring the Smurfs Lost Village movie characters

Wait is that really what you were trying to say to me you illiterate son of a bitch?

Villege wall with your father.

Characters from Smurfs: The Lost Village are now adventuring Happy Meal

This guy has 9mm penis. Trust me, I know.

This guy has a massive Attack on Titan erection. Trust me, I know

He's a Finn. They're practically born with a 9 milla and a bottle of vodka in their paws and weened on death metal. Don't fuck with the Finns.

I don't like heavy metal. I prefer (g)old school hip hop

5/10

No clue what that is on the pork, or what the green sauce stuff is, but it doesn't look very appetizing. I'd give it a try just to see if it tasted good, though.

It's crunchy herb crust on the top and horse bean puree the "sauce"

nah

>Rate my crusted Spam

Ahhh. Greetings from the US. Check out: Black Star, Mos Defs, "Black on Both Sides," and Guru's Jazzmatazz

& The Roots, "illadelph halflife," "things fall apart"

& Gang Starr

>I know what kohlregi is

kek

>being passive agressive online
>being condecending about a vegetable

So, how's your baby dick treating you virgin boi?

Mostly I agree with this, except for:
>> Stop emulating chefs far and above your league. If you're going to plate you food like it's art, learn the first thing about art.

Plating is copying and simply fashion. Just copy other dishes and do research; you'll learn and probably start to see how to do really fancy plating yourself.

That being said: two sauses touching: not done. And there is no enough emphasis on the meat. It should be the highlight of you dish.

I'm only 17 so I still have a lot to learn about plating

But you're 18 in 10 minutes right?

Inb4 b&

>white people

2 months

What does he mean by this?

>Guru's Jazzmatazz
I like you

>>>>>>>>>>>>>(((Reddit)))