Welcome to the Veeky Forums challenge: Monthly edition: Thread 3!

Welcome to the Veeky Forums challenge: Monthly edition: Thread 3!

The theme is announced on the 1st of every month, and submissions are welcome all month!

SCORING GUIDELINES

We recommend an 'Iron Chef' style scoring system. This means you, the people of Veeky Forums, will judge each entry individually instead of deciding on what you feel is the "best" dish.

Dishes are scored out of a total 20 points, based on 4 categories (worth a maximum of 5 points each); Presentation, Originality, Appeal and Challenge Goals. You may award 0's if you feel the contestant did not meet your expectations for a category.

-Presentation: The appearance of items on the plate; plating skills
-Originality: Creativity in composing the dish
-Appeal: How appetizing the food looks/whether or not the dish appeals to your personal taste as a voter
-Challenge Goals: How closely the entry followed the challenge goal(s)

The distinction between Presentation and Appeal: If someone submits an artfully arranged but burnt steak as an entry, it may score high in Presentation but low in appeal.

Copypasta Scoring Format for Lazymodo

Presentation: /5
Originality: /5
Appeal: /5
Challenge Goals: /5
Total: /20

The theme for May is SANDWICH. Simple enough, right?
Well, that depends on how simple you want your entry to be. Be creative, go a bit nuts with it, you're too attached to your dignity anyway.

While you're perfectly welcome to make a large spread of food, please make sure there is clearly a SANDWICH because that is what people will be voting on.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mo6KUNqdsz0
pastebin.com/VTK7inJQ
i.imgur.com/wqE7hys.jpg
i.imgur.com/qmj9lnL.jpg
i.imgur.com/9zYnUbu.jpg
recipe4living.com/recipes/copycat_mcchicken_sandwich.htm
youtu.be/t-32-m0_-Sg?list=LL6WLjvbsvfw_MiEdoHBvGfA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BONUS CONTENT:

Introduction video explaining the challenge for you newbs: youtube.com/watch?v=Mo6KUNqdsz0

Photography guide:
Text version - pastebin.com/VTK7inJQ
Vertical version - i.imgur.com/wqE7hys.jpg

How to make webm: i.imgur.com/qmj9lnL.jpg

How to make verticals vertical: i.imgur.com/9zYnUbu.jpg

When you place your entries, please remember to include the timestamp and unique identifier.
Toothpick has a "toothpick".
Ya Dingus has... toes.
Racer X has a Big Black Cartridge.

Racer X's got the BBC

Any guidelines to the SANDWICH?

Let's just get this out of the way now: recipe4living.com/recipes/copycat_mcchicken_sandwich.htm

McChicken copycats will be disregarded and possibly deleted.
Rather, all fast food copies will not be included in the voting, unless you can put a damn good original spin on it.
Otherwise? You can get fucked.

Good.jpg

You should keep your personal biases out of this

Numbaz crunch them like an adult, measuring merit without fault, marking up the 'wiches without glitches now get into the ring and check the result.

New to this, but how does one go about submitting an entry? Do we just post it here in the thread?

Pretty much.
Post a picture of your entry with a timestamp and a unique identifier.
Get creative.

Making a vertical is encouraged, but not required. The original goal of these competitions was to create OC.

Trips confirm, and the post is correct even without them.
Verticals and step-by-step images are nice, but not required.
I'll let the voters decide, but I might grumble about it (no I won't grumble, 'm an ethical twat).

I really want to participate this time, but might as well w8 till we can settle down on the very definition of sandwich in other thread...

Submit an entry and the votes will decide.
What do you have to lose?
Dignity?
Where do you think you are?

FOR ME ITS THE MCCHICKEN

Thanks for the bump, numbnuts.

Ill probably skip.on the vertical, I don't want people learning my autistic cooking secrets.

Just make your best sandy and quit being such a queen

No worries m8, just show off the finished product with a timestamp and a unique identifier and you're golden (not literally [probably]).
Go nuts (literally).

>my stove
For reference. This is where you are.

How about a John Cena action figure?

Or a dead cat, I think I have one of those lying around too.

I'm thinking making some almond butter, blackberry jam and herby bread.
Might deep fry the whole thing.

LIke a sweet monte christo?

Whatever you got, although I'd advise against the dead cat.

Thanks, N. Any idea what happened to B? Is she ok?

I say french onion soup served in a bread bowl is a sandwich, where would I fall?

The soup isn't encased or held by food, and requires a dish.
You're off the chart you absolute madman.

I recognize that thread!

I'd say we can't be too traditional with ingredients since that would be boring and limiting, but they have to be savory and not a dessert of some kind, so ingredient neutral
the structure thing is harder, but I'd say we should keep it classic aka the ingredients have to be between to pieces of something or at least two somethings

Anythings possible...

I'm really quite looking forward to the arguments that will stem from this month's theme.
Got the vodka and the crisps nice and ready.

One of the judging categories is Challenge Goals. If someone tries to pass off a taco as a sandwich they will likely be judged accordingly.

Exactly.
Contestants can make what they want and post it, but the vote is given to you, the people [/banepost].

Why savoury? A peanut and jelly sandwich isn't a sandwich?

>

>McChicken copycats will be disregarded and possibly deleted.
Your not a mod retard.
Also where is Borneo? Who the fuck are you?

I'm the cunt who tallied the results of the first month. Borneo has, apparently, vanished off the face of the planet.
I'm just trying to keep the contest up.

Hey I have a question - can I have multiple entries? What if I make like six different sandwiches (just because I like sandwiches) would I be allowed to post them?

If you posted as different "people", I suppose.
But that raises ethical concerns as to voting (Yellow Mug-teir shit).

>still being this butthurt that yellowmug won the popular vote

Nigga, I don't care, cos I don't vote.
I just like to see OC instead of fucking tendies.

Thank you glorious Numbaz for keeping it alive RIP in pieces B (hope she's okay really tho).

Last month was a down time for me and the challenge last month (something good came out of this hell hole???) was good for me.

So in honor, I shall deliver something omitting
>sprouts
as to dodge the vegan stereotype
as well as
>veggie burger
>tofu
>seitan
>tempa

I shall strive to make something truly tasty and unique, and maybe... just maybe... make it look half decent this go around. No promises on that last part though.

Be a hero and make seitan.

heres mine. no timestamp but cos didnt know i would enter yet

2 different bought ciabatta sammiches with 2 dif cutlet on both,(metvurst,gralicham,smokedham,smoked turkey.) onion,paprika,tomato,pickles,lettuce,jalopenos,ramoulade sauce, gouda and creamcheese.

Heres my phillycheesesteak attempt

That looks tasty af. Reserving scorings until there's a few more entries tho.

Thanks for the entries, but keep in mind you have until the 24th to enter. Maybe pick one particular sandwich that you do very well and focus on that one (with timestamp and identifier, natch).
I'd devour the shit out of the cheesesteak.

Voting starts on the 24th. You can vote before then, but I'll be buggered if I'm going to count votes before all the entries are in.

cheesestake definitely seems more apetizing, I'll wait with rating until we have more contestants

In four and a half years of veganism, I've never had tempah or seitan. But these challenges (last month and the amazing race one that never continued) pushed me to try new things so maybe I will.

New things and dank OC are the reasons for this contest. Go fucking crazy with it.

I was gonna make it once but someone stole my wheat gluten. I guess you can make it with regular wheat flour too. I think the idea of using straight wheat gluten is so that you can skip the rinsing step in the process(?).
Anyways, looks pretty easy. Easier than making bread. Make it extra salty and add a little dill and other pickling spices. Russian dressing. Sauerkraut, rye bread. Vegan reuban sandwich. You could even be a super hero and make your own sauerkraut.

Surata's multigrain tempeh is pretty good if you're looking for a tempeh product to try. Saying that as a meatfag.

>someone stole my wheat gluten.
Who do you live with, a super-specific super-villain?
If so, they've probably violated the lease agreement.
Looking forward to your entry (wo)mang.

You're a true inspiration meatfag.

Fucking also, I've made and had kimchi before but I've never had sauerkraut. (Obviously incredibly different but still essentially fermented cabbage)

I feel a calling...

I wonder how an open-faced sandwich falls on this chart.

get gud and do it, faggot!
Industry. Meh.

i can't understand your retardation speak.
It says : hugh huh huh huh I'm a fag, pay attention to me. Sorry. I hope you make food.

Fag

Shut up. Rude?

Obviously a structural rebel, same form factor as pop-tarts.

>t. apologist

Fuck you, watch me faggot.

I was going to make my entry last night, but I ended up raging out cause I couldn't find my new camera. I was too pissed to cook and ended up ordering a pizza instead. Will make it tonight and take pics with my shitty phone.

Looking forward to it, m80.
As for the camera
>do you remember where you last saw it?

yellowmug fucked himself and the others hes a dildo

Yeah, I remember where I saw it, but I don't remember where I put it after that. I used a black sock as a bag like a retard because there's a bunch of black socks all over the floor in my room. Maybe it will show up, but I'm over it for now. It was a cheapo camera anyways, nothing fancy.

Have mercy on me for asking this for a friend: Is a biscuit sandwich sandwich enough for the meta here or will "they" get lynched by poor ratings?

Who cares? Just post that shit. There's no overarching scores or prizes. If it turns out shitty, make something better and post it with a different identifier or under a different name.

True

>t. someone who overthinks everything

I looked forward to his entry each round more than anything else.

watching

Waiting

Here's my McCreamcheese Pesto Stuffed Chicken Sandwich. I took some chicken breasts, stuffed em with a cream cheese and pesto mixture, breaded them, cooked one side in a pan, placed them in a baking dish cooked side up, and then cooked them in an oven for about 25 minutes. Next, I toasted the buns in the oven for a couple minutes. After that, I put some mayonaisse and grey poupon mustard on the bread, topped the chicken with swiss cheese, and then placed the chicken between the buns. Vertical possibly coming later. Timestamp/identifier incoming.

Thanks for the entry.

No worries, I was just offering the least helpful comment ever.

No worries, I was just offering the least helpful comment ever.

Press past your former boundaries.
You can do this!
You can do that!
You might be able to do the other.

Cut me a break I just got out of jail.

>tfw only thing to eat for twelve hours with a blood alcohol level of .24 was a handful of wilted lettuce.

>#yeastlivesmatter

You wanna talk about food cringe, holy shit there was this stuff on the tray that was like meat sludge with... things... in it.

>#yeastlivesmatter

Took me a sec to kek

booomp

Thump and bump.

What were you in for?

grilled cheese with bacon cooked in beef tallow
and brown bread cuz we healthy 'n shit

I'll go ahead and r8 the current submissions if that's ok

Presentation: 2/5 (they're just your average sammiches)
Originality: 2/5 (nothing special but a nice mix of ingredients)
Appeal: 3/5 (I'd eat them)
Challenge Goals: 4/5 (open faced sandwich)
Total: 11/20

Presentation: 3/5 (not very artful but good enough for fast food)
Originality: 2/5 (just a normal philly cheesestake)
Appeal: 5/5 (I feel an intense, primal craving for this sandwich)
Challenge Goals: 5/5 (no problems here)
Total: 15/20

Presentation: 3/5 (nothing special but I like the layers)
Originality: 4/5 (a stuffed chicken sandwich is fairly original)
Appeal: 4/5 (looks tasty but a bit too meaty, would be 5/5 with some fitting veggies)
Challenge Goals: 5/5 (definitely a sandwich)
Total: 16/20

Presentation: 3/5 (weirdly appealing, maybe because of the way they're stacked on one another or maybe it's the plate)
Originality: 1/5 (just a grilled sammich with common ingredients)
Appeal: 4/5 (I'd eat that and probably enjoy it quite a bit)
Challenge Goals: 5/5 (that's a sandwich alright)
Total: 13/20

DUI degeneracy and failure to provide ID. It was in my pocket I just unleashed my Libertarian power-level with the whole
>I know my rights, am I being detained, I do not consent, am I free to go
thing and got a class b misdemeanor for it. Class b first offense for the DUI too

Thanks for the entry yo.
I'll call you "Skilletfag" because of the cast iron skillet in your picture, unless you wanted to use something else in the picture for your Unique Identifierâ„¢.

tang you 4 r8n

I assume you're thinking something like BLT no top slice, so ingredient purist, structure neutral.

>claims to be vegan
>drinks beverages that were created through the deaths of billions of yeasts

scumbag

Oh shit, you're one of these
youtu.be/t-32-m0_-Sg?list=LL6WLjvbsvfw_MiEdoHBvGfA

So how much of a bitchmade nigga u gotta b to go make a sandwich for fucking Veeky Forums anywho

So how much of a bitchmade nigga u gotta b to go whinging on Veeky Forums about people actually cooking instead of fagging up the place with fastfood threads?

?
No, like a hot turkey sandwich.

True neutral

Structure Neutral Ingredient Purist.
It's a "sandwich" (open face) with a protein and a sauce.
Welcome to SNIP town.