Help me solve this integral

Hello someone can help me solve this integral, I get the result, but I can not do it by the methods I know and nobody I know can do, in another forum could not solve it and in the books I have not found a method to solve it. Thank you

well you can pull the 0.5 out

Let me go try it. I'll see if I can get you an answer.

there's website called integral calculator which shows al steps. google it

Yes, i can pull the 0.5 out :v-- but the problem is the 10x..
I forgot to put the numbers of the definite integral goes from 0 to 12

Can you substitute the radical and solve for x in terms of your substitution?

It seems like the antiderivative for this problem cannot be computed. I tried a few techniques on my own and nothing worked. So I plugged it into two seperate integral calculators and both came back with nothing. So it seems like this cannot be done using standard techniques.

we're not here to do your homework you faggot retard. get out.

I have a friend with a definite integrals calculator, and if he gives a value, that if he does not remember correctly is 46.9 or 49.6. But the problem is that we do not know how to solve it.

This is not my homework, it is a problem that I found in a mechanic book, that to find the load has to be the integral of that equation. And I'm very curious how to do it.

The antiderivative can't be found. Many functions don't have antiderivatives we know how to find. Are you sure this was in the book? Did you copy it down wrong?

approximate it

This. Try using riemann sum.

"Easier": try a Taylor Series approximation and go with that

Yes I copy it well, here is a picture of the book, the statement in Spanish, what it says is: "The wing of the airplane of retropopulsion is subjected to the distribution of loads shown Determine the force resulting from these charges and specify Its locality measured from A. "

The distributed load is placed in an integral to find the equivalent point load of the same

Solve sqrt(16+x^2)

you should end up with

int sqrt(11x_4)

then do a u substitution

the answer is 48

if x^2 is big, reduce 16 + x^2 to just x^2, boom trivial integration.

if x^2 is small, it's literally a linear integral as.

If it's inbetween, take the big and small approx and average them out, works erry time in practice

signed phd math

You're definitely not a phd in math

Not possible.

Substitute [eqn] x=4 \tan \theta [/eqn], integrate by parts later.

X^2+16=0
X=4i
X1=-4i
Then you will get
16+x^2=(x+4i)*(x-4i)
Now replace the complex number by its euler substitution and you should get a sinousoidial function inside the square root

Both wrong

That advice is pointless 12^2+4 is obviously something you shouldnt approximate in this case

Correct and coincides with OP's final answer

why would someone who looks like a 1st year engineering undergrad be doing riemann sums

Whats the sqrt(16 + x^2)?