Low IQ ruined my life

>tfw 110 IQ
>tfw 5th grade math level
>tfw 8th grade reading level
>tfw never passed a math test from 6th grade onwards.
>tfw can barely spell without the help of a computer
>tfw don't even know multiplication tables besides 5 and 10
>tfw failed nearly every subject in HS
>tfw dropped out at 16 because I was always the worst in class, had no friends, depressed, rejected by every female.

Should I end it all? I'm from a wealthy family and I'm decent looking but my low iq has screwed me for life. I couldn't even complete HS, I shouldn't have even been in HS. I just want to go to a university and live on my own. My parents said they would pay for everything but I could never go to even a cc. Has Any one else screwed over by their low IQ? Have any advice? What should I do? I am extremely depressed becuase of this. Can any of you high IQ individuals help me? I think about it every day, I even had dreams about it. Help me become smart like you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DsVzKCk066g
youtube.com/watch?v=fjtBDa4aSGM&index=19&list=PL22J3VaeABQApSdW8X71Ihe34eKN6XhCi
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

return to and KYS

>110 iq
>unable to complete HS
your flaw isn't iq

Honestly, if what you're saying is true about being from a wealthy family then its really not a matter of your IQ.

Ever heard of the saying
>Short sleeve to short sleeves

What I'm saying is that your parents more than likely never bothered developing your work ethic. They fucked you over, not your IQ.
That being said, depression will get in the way no matter what. Go get a psychologist (avoid therapists, just go for a psych, your parents can pay), and then starting learning shit by yourself then get a GED.

Also, goto Veeky Forums, time to start exercising, shit will boost your brain power

110 iq is enough for high school, you just need to put in the necessary work

Try being 89 IQ like me

How are you even using a computer?

im on my phone

This is why I fucking hate Apple and smartphones. 10-15 years ago general computers were a great filter for keeping brainlets off the fucking internet. Now every retard can use the internet even if they can't tie their shoes.

Why does your nurse let you use a phone?

I think that contributed to it, my father was always working and never really cared about my grades. My mother stayed at home and always told me "it doesn't matter what you get just try your hardest" she would always call me smart ect even though I was the lowest in the class.

... I don't have a nurse, I have my own place.

I remember when I had to move back in with my parents. I used to tell people they were my landlords and that the basement was a suite.
Why do your parents let you use technology? Aren't they ashamed of your low IQ?

It definitely contributed to it, get a psychologist and start working out, both will help you greatly with developing a work ethic.

I posted ITT because I wanted OP to know even brainlets like me can have a interest in science(despite not being able to participate). I'd let you know that I have a job, make my own money and that my parents do like me.

Would it even be worth working? I could never have an actual high or decent paying career and I would most likely just have a minimum wage job. I'd have less time for hobbies and i already have enough money.

110 Is believe is average so you should definitely be able to even get A's in high school. Sounds to me like you're just a lazy fuck due to you being a spoiled little rich boy. Sounds like you just need to man up and stop expecting daddy to be able to do everything for you. Sit and study stop being a lazy fuck.Go get your g.e.d it's easy you could do it in like probably 3 months at most.Then go to college and actually study hard work for something for once or else you'll forever live in your dad's shadow and die knowing you're a little pussy rich boy that whines to much.

ITT: Misconceptions about IQ.

The average IQ is 100, by definition. We literally set IQ so that the average is 100 and standard deviation is 15. 110 is above average, decently! And while 89 is decently below average, about the same percentage of the population has IQ 89 as 110. Neither of you are idiots, the both of you are perfectly average.

>110 Is believe is average so you should definitely be able to even get A's in high school.

This is terrible. Average people shouldn't be able to get As in high school. The curriculum is too lax and too geared towards "no child left behind".

30 years ago, when I was in high school, only very smart children were able to get As. Most everyone got Bs and Cs. Only retards and delinquents got anything lower than Cs.

Not having a work ethic will make life much harder for you, it will literally make your depression manifest into something much worse.

That being said, I'm not sure if you're referring to getting a job or working out.

The benefits of working out are enormous, this video is pretty good to give you an idea of how it affects your brain
youtube.com/watch?v=DsVzKCk066g

Plus, working out while seeing a psych will boost the fucking shit out of your life.

As for getting a job...

Get a job, you will hate yourself without a job, you will not socialize further than message boards, you wont meet people, grow from them, etc. Not having a job can lead to boredom as well, not the general boredom where you think you have nothing to do but the dangerous one that results from actually having nothing to do.

Boredom leads to complacency which leads to depression. You're past the first two stages, get yourself a job (part time if you want), work out, and strive to do amazing things for yourself.

Having money is nice, but as you know that shit doesn't lead to happiness. All you really have is a security blanket, which is nice, but you're doing nothing. Also, you're young, the average life expectancy is still going up and you have money. You have the potential to live up to 100 (even more with $$$), that is decades worth of time to do your hobbies.

If you believe so much on iq and consider suicide maybe you should do it user. But then again you can stop being such a pussy and start to love in reality

In my childhood I got

Always D in Sports.

Only As all the time in Math, Science (Physics, Chemistry & Biology), Geography, History & Philosophy.

Mostly Bs in Languages.

Also, having realistic goals with well thought out/researched plans help a lot. It mitigates unnecessary stresses.

110 IQ isn't even low you lazy nigger

Wait, are you serious about having an IQ of 89? What do you do for a living?

Probably a custodian at McDonalds that uses his tongue instead of the given equipment

my country of origin has an avg iq of 89, I believe that I should have the same iq as them I did pass high school tho.

>110 IQ
>perfect GPA at unremarkable uni
You do know marks are only mildly correlated with IQ, right?

I don't believe you. Unless you are in some major like art or women's studies. Most people in Uni are 120+ Iq in any semi decent major.

I'm in engineering. I've only completed freshman year, but if someone of the same intellectual capacity as you can succeed in college engineering, I don't think it's valid to blame your intelligence on your academic failure. 110 is (slightly) above average, you should be happy for what you have and put it to use. I think the bigger issue is depression, which can seriously fuck up your ability to process and recall information.

Reeee we have the same IQ but I could never even dream of that. Do you have any mental problems?

Man, you guys are being jerks to that user.

135 when I was 21. Does it degrade over time?

>Most people in Uni are 120+ Iq in any semi decent major.

well that's not true at all, user

read a lot, user

my iq is 140

The IQ is not so important. I know someone who has had success with a monkey's IQ.

It is supposed to stay relatively stable over time, so you'll have no problem as long as you don't spend your days bashing your head on the walls.

What about this ?

took an internet IQ test and got an 82. I'm pretty sure i'm not ratered.

Don't worry user

youtube.com/watch?v=fjtBDa4aSGM&index=19&list=PL22J3VaeABQApSdW8X71Ihe34eKN6XhCi

The problem is the way your parents raised you.

I have an IQ of around 130-135, and i failed everything and every class up to 8th grade. At 8th grade decided to raised my self. I had no parents to give me worth ethic.

If i didn't have an high IQ i wouldn't of been able to recover from my early failures. in year 12 i got straight As and a few Bs in hard subjects. This shows it's possible to recover

You haven't left it too late. All you can do is build up work ethic and redo year 12 as an adult.

>It's a non-contributing zeroes talk about how high their smart number is episode

It's not because of your IQ, you legit have a mental disorder. Most likely ADHD or some learning disability. People with 110 IQ can pass HS easy peasy.

>philosophy average at 130
>average iq of any major being north of 130
>graph made by a biologist
>source has no methodology and probably relies on correlation with sat scores which are not really valid for predicting iq since i assume you can study for them (not american)
>''''intended''''

this graph is bullshit but anecdotally i find the correlation between average iq and percentage of female majors on its own to hold true

also refuting the graph was pointless since i now think my initial position was wrong, 120 to 130 is reasonable for serious majors but it really depends on how good your school is

how did you build work ethic?

CompSci grad with a 108 IQ here to tell you that IQ isn't the true measure of personal success in hard sciences. You're just lazy and don't know how to utilize your study time appropriately.

Same fag here. I was in your same spot, and I can tell you that it's all in your work ethic. My father threw money at me and never said no if I wanted something, and my mom was still making my bed and putting away my clothes the day I graduated high school.

I flunked out of college my first time, and my father died with debt. I pretty much had to grind out of the slums, and let me tell you that it's in your work ethic; not your IQ. If your IQ is greater than 95, then you can get a bachelors degree in a hard science. You'll just have to apply more effort than your peers.

hi OP and other brainlet
I also have a low-IQ, the amount of condescension I receive everyday is palatably salty
In short, you're fucked, best to try for government assistance

100 IQ is average. You should've been fine with highschool.

Stop sniffing glue, you spaz, and go outside

Being technically above or below average doesn't matter. All that matters is if you're above or below the average white IQ.

>>tfw 110 IQ
>>tfw 5th grade math level
>>tfw 8th grade reading level
>smarter than 80% of the population
>low IQ
If your IQ is truly 110, and you can't do math or reading at an 8th grade level, then you are not old enough for this board.

Your issue isn't that you have low IQ, your issue is that you suck at math. The two is very similar but they're not the same.

Also you're probably lazy. That's the only explanation why you'd manage to fail High School math despite having a 110 IQ.

Which would be 105-ish...