How do you want your board senpai?

How do you want your board senpai?

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/sci/image/kj_8hD1MSKAD5TV7Z2T6HA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wait for like a week. Or, you know, hide threads that you don't find relevant.

/pol/ will keep coming in to shit up EVERY single board again and again as long as they remain a passive containment board. Their board needs to become an active containment board where any post in /pol/ results in a two day ban from every other board.

Good luck getting Hiro to do jack shit.

I don't know how people who've supposedly been on this site for years haven't realized that the "/pol/ shitposter" is actually just a shitposter. You can look at /pol/ and it's endless threads full of low effort bait, the notion that those threads are the work of people who have any real interest in politics or anything remotely related to it and not just people looking for easy targets to collect (You)s is absurd. Any action taken to try and curb the problem you think exists won't make a single difference because as long as there are people on this site who chomp at the bit to feed the trolls and apathetic mods that only occasionally and casually enforce the rules for boards you're going to have people posting inflammatory content because it's funny for them.

I actually am pretty sure it's mainly one autistic shitposter who does this on a regular basis. Some shitposting threads are literally copypasta of old bait threads (down to the same text and picture). Link related (current thread is live now).
warosu.org/sci/image/kj_8hD1MSKAD5TV7Z2T6HA

In the past they've also posted in their shitposting threads just to gloat about how they come in and spam a bunch of threads that they bump every so often just to shit up the board.

A real solution would be to implement a permaban or a crossboarder filter. However that would involve the mods and janitors actually being competent for once.

Another possible solution would be to make something using the Veeky Forums api in order to tag and bag these shitposter threads (of course such a system would require a bit of infrastructure and its own set of admins to avoid it being hijacked by /pol/niggers, but it's theoretically possible). Once a bunch of examples of good and bad threads are collected we could even try training a neural network to automagically diagnose cancer.

Alternatively we could just leave things as is and make it a Veeky Forums norm that such threads are really just containment threads for crossboarders and any enlightened Veeky Forums user should automatically just know to stay out of them. This solves the crossboarder problem and /pol/nigger problem but it runs the danger of making Veeky Forums legitimately look like a board designed for that sort of shit. Also it would keep new users from joining Veeky Forums and if Veeky Forums ever tried to do anything creative those crossboarders would leave their containment threads and shit up legitimate Veeky Forums threads.

pic related, mfw I look at the catalog

>browsing /pol/
lol, go sit in your containment board, you earned it.

Bait or not this is exactly the kind of post that keeps shitposters coming back for more.

>stop complaining about /pol/ you guise! Can't you see it's part of the problem?

Remember the old internet adage "Do not feed the trolls?"

I know, AGW Evangelists are really getting out of control. Honestly spamming AGW Evangelism threads should be a ban-worthy offense.

It's better to mistaken someone for being sincere than to mistaken someone for being a liar though.

Stormniggers and /pol/esmokers are no mere trolls. They see the internet as a big political war theater where they've constantly got to be altering the narrative so that it's receptive to their ideology. They're terrified of thread sliding and other subversive techniques because they themselves employ them on other forums and know how useful they are. There aren't just /pol/ users on Veeky Forums, they have other chans, irc channels, discords, and other places where they organize.

In the past and to a lesser extent now, /pol/ users would come into Veeky Forums and pretend that anyone who disagrees with /pol/ was actually not from Veeky Forums. They do the same thing on other boards as well, at varying levels of success. Let's not forget, there was a time when stormniggers didn't know about Veeky Forums and /pol/ wasn't even a thing. Now it's almost as if they do everything to make /pol/ synonymous with Veeky Forums itself.

GAS THE /POL/! BOARD WAR NOW!..

oh wait

Gook moot make every /pol/ crossboarder wear a red star on their posts.

>waa waa the board should cater to MY wishes and not that of the majority
You're free to leave. I promise it'll make you feel better.

>/pol/
>majority anywhere but its containment board
top zoz

kys yourself

The notion that /pol/ has roving bands of shitposters rolling around is largely trying to change minds with their garbage posts is a myth, much like /pol/'s own notion that they're being targeted by the DNC, JIDF, or whatever monster of the week they've decided to trying to ruin their secret internet club. It's just a convenient way to deflect and stir controversy because it only takes a few posts to get an entire thread repeating "go back to /pol/" ad infinitum. I actually remember when stormfront started astroturfing /n/ and there hasn't been anything remotely on that scale in years.

Garbage threads pushing others off the board is a serious problem on the slow boards, especially since one person with a handful of proxies can do it by themselves. I personally know Veeky Forums has a major problem with this because of a single dedicated shitposter. This is a place where the mods need to step in simply because there's nothing the userbase can do about it as not replying doesn't bring the archived threads back.

Are you new to Veeky Forums? Oldies remember this

>2014
>oldies

I remember the day Veeky Forums was added. The entire catalog was full of science vs. religion threads. Veeky Forums was never good.

if they're not then why do these threads not just disappear with 0 replies?

Maybe you shouldn't say things like climate science is settled or that Bill Nye is a scientist.

why do you believe science and politics shouldn't be discussed together??

I remember when Stormfront started doing that too. Personally I don't think it's that different now, except that back then it was obvious to everyone that stormniggers were a bunch of newfag outsiders who didn't understand Veeky Forums. Now it's less obvious but if you look at /pol/'s understanding of memes they're literally facebook tier.

More importantly I remember before Stormfront came in as a result of the Hal Turner raids. Sure there was always racism but it was always more of a "we're an anonymous board, we should discuss things in the open" sort of thing, not the sort of thing that led to raids. Also the site was more left leaning in general.

I don't browse Veeky Forums but I did see discussion about it in /q/. Some mod said a mobile phone user in Florida kept posting CP and they were having trouble banning them for good.

Moot back in the day experimented with different ways of aging and marking threads for deletion. Perhaps a solution exists along those lines as well.

Because they're so unpopular they get replies. Just like an unpopular person at school doesn't become invisible but rather gets bullied by everyone.

samefag, thread derailment bait

Untrue. Check your samefag-o-meter

That's worse then. Look at the post by the other user. You are as retarded as that person.

The current wave is largely the work of the_donald migrants who washed in with the election and pushed the board from mostly garbage but a good place to get breaking news during a crisis to entirely unreadable even when there's major news breaking.

>More importantly I remember before Stormfront came in as a result of the Hal Turner raids.
Raids were always a mistake. Look what happen to SA, you always end up dragging something you don't want back with you.

>Moot back in the day experimented with different ways of aging and marking threads for deletion. Perhaps a solution exists along those lines as well.
There are probably a lot of things they could try but unfortunately all those low quality posters are a major source of traffic and trying to dissuade them from being here while it would improve the quality of the site would be a bad financial move and Hiro clearly prioritizes the later.

>poltards
>discussing
Just stop. You are incapable of discussing anything. All you can do is post ebin edgy demagoguery spiced up with creative ad hominems, non sequiturs and meme pictures. This is the reason literally every board hates you - not because of your views on things however shitty they are, but because you can't even fucking substantiate or defend your opinion reasonably, let alone actually participate in dialogue and listen to other people. Not to mention that a large part of you is rather unintelligent to put mildly. As the other guy pointed out - poltards are not looking to discuss anything, but to collect (you)'s.

>calling people retarded
Stay classy, left side

cry more in your containment board, bitch

Kek this is actually a great idea

What if we had a board-wide I'd system? It certainly would help people to avoid slide threads, and replies in several threads would be easier to follow.

>coal and gas shills + people trolling with /pol/ rhetoric

:/

I go there soon as you go back to /leftypol/, mulatto

wtf is /leftypol/?

/pol/'s resident communists.

It is found in the cripplechan

Another /pol/ boogeyman. They have so many of them it's getting hard to track all of them.

>have a 2008 S5
>want to change because the mileage is getting up there
>patiently wait for the new one with a hyped up release
>it looks like fucking kiaundai trash
I hope Wolfgang Egger gets to choke on a dick every day for the rest of his life.

whoops wrong board

>Trying to generalize an anonymous userbase
WEW LAD