What's the hardest integral you've ever encountered, Veeky Forums?

what's the hardest integral you've ever encountered, Veeky Forums?

pic related, I just went through the derivation of the anomalous magnetic moment.

shit's so cash

most hectic i've done so far is renormalization of phi-4 theory

u jelly, non-physics fags?

>what's the hardest integral you've ever encountered, Veeky Forums?

Other than pumping up your muscle (brain), that is the point of learning this? Does your job requires this knowledge...because you'll never use this in your life unless in that field.

>not understanding the intrinsic beauty of mathematics/physics

try again, brainlet

Are you using a cutoff?

>>not understanding the intrinsic beauty of mathematics/physics
>try again, brainlet

>"But the Solar System!" I protested.

"What the deuce is it to me?" he interrupted impatiently; "you say that we go round the sun. If we went round the moon it would not make a pennyworth of difference to me or to my work."

....so what's the point?

Probably one of those where only Cleo found a closed form when i was trying to get to them and prove it.

of course
pauli-villars regularization

>Using Sherlock Holmes as a reason not care about Maths and Physics.

God damn, you really are a brainlet.

Dimensional is the only way to go.

fine splitting in metals
that enough for ya, pal?
or do you need it to rub your balls as well?

Pro-tip: if an automatic solver like Matlab's or Mathematica's can do it, it's not a hard integral.

>being this retarded
if you think that Mathematica can give you a closed form solution to that integral you are brain dead.
also, why the fuck are you even comparing Matlab's solver to Mathematica's?
are you fucking 2?

jesus christ this is autistic

But sempai maple beats them all

I once did a triple integral. I'm planning to major in that.

can you guys solve this?

is this one of the cleo ones

Why is physics notation so absolutely abhorrent?

>why the fuck are you even comparing Matlab's solver to Mathematica's?
I am?

4pi arccot sqrt(phi)

Prove it. In a different way to Ron Gordon.

The function is continuous so it exists. I shall call it [math] \vartheta [/math]

The answer is [math] \vartheta [/math].

brilliant

the integral function
you can solve this for any abstract f(x)

Obviously the answer is

[eqn]2\frac{1}{x} \sqrt{\frac{1+x}{1-x}} \ln\left( \frac{2x^2+2x+1}{2x^2-2x+1} \right)[/eqn]

Norm is a blessing and he should be writing the syllabus. Kids would be finding doing complex geometry before the end of primary school.

why must all endeavors serve a practical purpose?
why can't people partake in mathematics simply because they're interested? I mean, you started your shit reply with "Other than pumping up your brain", as if making yourself smarter is a pointless exercise.

let me guess, liberal arts major?

you raging autist

When I took Calculus 2 I had to solve both of these:

[math]\int x \tan x \cdot dx[/math]
[math]\int \tan^{-1} x \cdot dx[/math]

No you can't. f has to be a locally integrable function.

wait till you do renormalization in qcd, those calculations are fucking hard as hell

dimensional regularization is only regularization that doesnt shit all over lorentz symmetry

good job man

Isn't zeta function and dimensional regularisation equivilent?

yeah well come back after uve finished primary school mathematics

>manipulating equations is intrinsic math/physics beauty
i want undergrads to leave

How though? How can you have lorentz symmetry without an integer number of dimensions

i found funny that this question usually not being asked for sports, games or whatever useless in general hobby

Why is the dx written right after the integral and not after whatever the fuck is being integrated?

standard practice for physicists

>computing integrals
>hard

wtf is wrong with you guys?

In physics it is common functions of multiple variables and with many parameters being integrated in only some of them, so it makes sense to know right away what you are integrating.

It's okay, the world needs HR reps and sales guys too.

Why the fuck are you even here?

because physicists like cocks in their ass and this is how they signal it to each other

>any
Tried a non-measurable function, brainlet?
Or a nowhere continuous function, you fucking brainlet?

Are you a brainlet?

Most (Riemann)integrals have no analytic solution and besides numerically solving them there is nothing you can do.

If your notion of integral depends on measure theory, then it isn't the most general notion of integral.

no, i am the opposite of jelly

there is nothing more retarded than people who think big integrals=more smart

Proving that if an operator which maps functions to non-negative functions is weak (1,1) and weak (infinity, infinity), then it is strong (p,p) for p>1. I'll skip the set up and just post the integral computation:
[math]
\|Mf\|_p^p = \int Mf^p\,d\mu = \int_0^\infty \mu(\{x: Mf(x)^p > y)\}dy = \int_0^\infty pt^{p-1}\mu(\{x: Mf(x) > t\})\,dt \leq \int_0^\infty pt^{p-1} \int_{x: |f(x)|>t/2} 2c|f(x)|/t \,dx\,dt
[/math]
[math]
= 2cp \int_0^\infty \int_{x: |f(x)|>t/2} |f(x)|t^{p-2}\,dx\,dt = 2cp \int_{\mathbb{R}} \int_0^{2|f(x)|} |f(x)|t^{p-2}\,dt\,dx = \int_{\mathbb{R}} |f(x)| \frac{2^{p-1}|f(x)|^{p-1}}{p-1}\,dx = \frac{2^p cp}{p-1} \int_{\mathbb{R}} |f(x)|^p \,dx = \frac{2^p cp}{p-1}\|f\|_p^p.
[/math]
So taking the p-th root of both sides gives the strong (p,p) bound.

>why do something if your employer doesn't require it