Carrot cake recipes

Alright Veeky Forums, what's the best recipe for the best cake in existence?

Other urls found in this thread:

joythebaker.com/2014/03/carrot-cake-cupcakes-with-pineapple-cream-cheese-frosting/
youtube.com/watch?v=-iAh4Y-p2Sg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bumping for interest, love me some carrot cake.

do not eat cake. what are you, a potato?

I made one a while ago, but it tasted quite bad.
Cake itself was a bit band, and the frosting was way to limey.
Am I wrong in using chease spread and lime in the frosting, or should it be just soft sugar frosting?

cream cheese and icing sugar + milk. don't put fucking lime. a touch of lemon sure, but not fucking lime. and just a TOUCH.

I was the head baker at a cake bakery and we had a great carrot cake recipe. I hated making it though, so I'm not going to share. Bye.

Here's a solid recipe.
joythebaker.com/2014/03/carrot-cake-cupcakes-with-pineapple-cream-cheese-frosting/

Odd that people are able to stick their head so far up their ass, without smelling their own shit.

Disregard ALL pineapple recipes. Thats not fucking carrot cake its a tropical spice cake that uses acid to make up for lack ability in making a moist cake.

Probably the best PURE carrot cake is Americas Test Kitchen. The have a spicier solid version with optional nuts and currants, as one with multiple thin layers and a more traditional ingredient list. Both are behind paywalls but both are good and don't use Pineapple.

What an intolerable read

I wont post the whole method but ill post the ingredients.

CAKE
1 ¾ cups (8 3/4 ounces) allpurpose
flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
¾ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
1 ¼ cups (8 3/4 ounces) light
brown sugar
¾ cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 ⅔ cups shredded carrots (4
carrots)
⅔ cups dried currants
FROSTING
16 tablespoons unsalted butter,
softened
3 cups (12 ounces)
confectioners' sugar
⅓ cup buttermilk powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

If you aren't a retard you should know how to mix dry and wet cake ingredients. The only thing different is the batter is poured into a thin layer on a 18x13 baking sheet at 350 and then cut into equal 4ths so it can be stacked and layered with the icing.

The only thing I would do differently is soak the currants in literally anything to moisten them and reserve some of the recipe's flour to coat them so they don't sink to the bottom.

Don't use lime in the frosting, use MAYBE a teaspoon of lemon juice in it.
Cheese spread in frosting is a matter of personal preference, but I advise against it (I'm biased though, since I hate cheesecake).

For the cake itself, if you aren't already using them, add vannilla powder and/or vanilla sugar, and use more cinnamon.

>baking recipe using cups

I just want to interject and let you know in brazil they don't use cream cheese icing, they use chocolate icing on carrot cake

yet another reason that place needs to be nuked

I love chocolate, and I love carrot cake, but those two just should not mix, the flavor profiles are just incompatible, the chocolate would overpower the carrot cake.

I bake literally tons of stuff every week using volume-based recipes and it's always really consistent, I've never had any issues. I've also never had any issues related to humidity and I've been doing this for years.

Flour variance meme is bullshit.

whatever one doesn't include raisins

Its just fucking awful when has those ½ cups and "16 tablespoons of butter" measurements.
What the fuck just use desilitre or grams.

washing all of those cups/spoons tho.

at least using a scale you can pretty much use one spoon/whatever to dump everything in the bowl that's being measured

it's easier to clean a knife that was used to cut off a chunk of butter than it is to clean a spoon of butter too

>dat splash back from the faucet

butter in the US comes in sticks and the wrappers have measurements printed on them in tablespoons.

nobody is actually scooping butter into a damn tablespoon

>how does cross contamination work

there is no reason you should be using more dishes to measure by volume than you would if measuring by weight

In eu its a usually a 500g block of butter with measurements for 50g slices.

oh right, i forgot about all of those cupcake recipes with raw chicken in them.

what are you baking with that has a risk of cross contamination??

Any chance you might have the recipe?

Instead of frosting use dulce the leche. You can add a little heavy cream to make it a little more mild.

Don't forget to moisten your sponge with syrup

>see this post
>"lemme look up AKT's recipe to compare it to how I would make carrot cake"
>go to americastestkitchen.com/recipes/57-simple-carrot-cake-with-cream-cheese-frosting
>not a single carrot in the recipe
>"1 1/2 pounds fresh sweet cherries, pitted and halved"
Do Americans not know what carrots are, is AKT a troll site or is my internet broken or something?

Sounds like this is your fault for paying to use a cooking recipe website

Two things:
1) I didn't pay for anything and I didn't know ATK is a paysite.
2) I put in AKT rather than ATK not once but TWICE in my last post, so I feel foolish now.

Is anyone interested in my carrot cake recipe? Or nah?

youtube.com/watch?v=-iAh4Y-p2Sg

Her you go friend. Nice and Simple recipe :^)