Get can of pintos

>get can of pintos
>drain
>cut onion, serrano, lots of cilantro, bacon, and garlic up
>throw all in a pot with some new water
>simmer for however long you want

Why is this so delicious yet so fucking easy?

Other urls found in this thread:

americastestkitchen.com/taste_tests/1517-canned-white-beans
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because onion, garlic and meat is always good

I something quite similar, except I start with dried beans and also add tomatoes, worcestershire sauce, and plenty of hot sauce (I normally use chilles with a little less spice than serranos). It is delicious and dirt cheap. I serve it over rice.

>dried
I've had a few Mexicans tell me dried beans are a meme

I just started working with canned beans. Do you just drain the beans or is it better to rinse them too?

You can rinse, but draining and adding new water is enough for me usually

You have had some lazy Mexicans then

It isn't so much that dried beans are a lot better than canned. To me, they are better, but only a little. I think the difference is that prefer them not to have the flavor of the canning liquid.

The real reason to use dried beans is that they are insanely cheap. I can buy a 2lb bag of dried pintos at Aldi's for $1.50. Canned beans are at least 3 times more expensive than dried.

That is $1.50 for 2080 calories, 182g of protein, and 312g or dietary fiber.

Neither. Americas Test kitchen says use the liquid.

americastestkitchen.com/taste_tests/1517-canned-white-beans

>water
>not stock
Pleb

True, but then you have to soak and cook them for much longer than canned beans. So you're using more energy and resources than if you had bought the canned.

I don't buy the "it's cheaper" aspect of this kind of argument. I do, however, think that wanting to avoid a tinny/canned flavor is a much more reasonable reason for wanting to use dried beans. There's really no poking holes in that argument.

>There's really no poking holes in that argument.
Holes have been poked.

modern canning doesn't have tinny/canned flavors.

The company actually paid them to advertise the canning juice?

>we don't know how to cook dried beans so lets do a taste test where our flavorless dried beans are compared to metal flavored canned beans with 5 times the RDA of sodium. Yep, people prefer canned beans over dried. Case closed!

>hot sauce
use cayenne powder, not hot sauce. Hot sauce has vinegar in it, which is not good for teeth, especially when hot.

>with 5 times the RDA of sodium
I'm sorry you can't season your food grandpa.
Do you need me to take you to dialysis tomorrow?

Soaking the beans takes 15 seconds. Takes 20-25 minutes to cook in a pressure cooker. That takes maybe a nickels worth of gas / electricity. Cooking dried is easily 1/3rd the cost of canned (which is already cheap for the macro content).

I hope you never eat hot tomatoes then. They are highly acidic. Much worse than a tablespoon of hotsauce. I add hot sauce because I also like the vinegar component in addition to the cayenne.

How much of a retard do you have to be not to realize I was ridiculing the taste test, faggot?

>ATK doesn't know how to cook

Nobody agrees with you, retard. Look at the "which cookbook should I get" threads and every agrees that ATK books are great.

>Soaking the beans takes 15 seconds
user, i

You are already putting beans in the pot and adding water. You just do that twice and wait overnight between the first and second. It is not time consuming.

it's called cooking, very few dishes are actually hard to make, they just take time/ work, none of the steps are actually hard to pull off, there are exceptions but not that many, people are just lazy or take jobs that take their life away

I do the same but no hot sauce just lots of jalapeno, and I cook the beans in a dark beer and chicken stock. If I've got leftover brisket, that goes in there also.

the test is retarded though
if you weren't mindlessly sucking america's test kitchen's dick because you think they're infallible for some reason, you would realize that

Overnight is not 15 seconds.
How is this a difficult concept for you to grasp?

add a bay leaf next time. thank me later

>ATK didn't use my speeschul snowflake way of making beans! They don't know how to test even though Testing is all they fucking do. REEEEEEE!

Ok gramps, stop yelling at the screen. We'll ask the doctor about your dementia meds tomorrow after your dialysis session.

>pressure cooking
>speeschul snowflake way of making beans
confirmed retard.
also canned beans are confirmed old man beans, so stop projecting, old man

How much energy do you expend doing nothing? Is doing something the night before physically and emotionally draining? Wait time != Prep time. The amount of effort between dried and canned beans is literally 15 seconds.