American Cuisine

Hey Veeky Forums, I am collecting some recipes for a trip to Germany with food from each region of the US. I live in the Midwest, but have never been anywhere else, and wrote down what came to mind. Post other American foods to expand my list, and it would be nice if any Germans could tell me if I've listed a dish already popular in Germany, so I don't include it. :^)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuisine_of_the_Southwestern_United_States
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>American """"""""cuisine""""""""

Gonna need southwest there, cowboy.

Oh sorry, where are these foods from?
Thanks! Southwest is different in that there's more Latino influence right?

tfw stuck in Arizona

Northeasterns get all the good seafood.

Lasagna spelled "lasagne". You're not from America. Stop your obsession.

Haluski

>chicago style
chicago style what? theres 10 trillion things chicago has a style for. i assume you mean deep dish pizza.

id throw in some hotdog styles from across america. its pretty interesting seeing all the regional flares for such a basic food. germans would probably enjoy seeing americas take on one of "their" foods aswell.

Stupidest list ever

No, its not like that!!!
Thank you!

"Palmetto" cheese. Lol.

I think you mean "lobster stew" to be "lobster bisque." In any event, add lobster roll to your list if you are going to be in New England.

Chicken n dumplins

Barbeque ribs
Barbeque brisket
Potato salad
Pasta salad
Black bean and corn salad

New York cheesecake

>Southwest is different in that there's more Latino influence right?

Is there something wrong with you?

Fish taco with mango salsa

Something with molasses or maple syrup would be interesting.

You're forgetting burnt ends nigger.

Taylor ham, egg, and cheese on hard roll
This is the only unique dish in all of NJ cuisine
Campbell's and Busch are fucking factories and NY has better Italian

Yeah dood. See this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuisine_of_the_Southwestern_United_States

Crab cakes with old bay for Maryland.

>Crab cakes
>north east

That's more like mid-atlantic

t. region Autist

>midwest
HOTDISH MOTHERFUCKER AND BEEERR

is thanksgiving food considered american food or do they eat that shit everywhere

fish tacos are more of a california thing than south
apple pie is probably more northeast, altho i suppose it's been co-opted enough by flyover?
rofl at chili being midwest. their regional chili is basically ground beef and some paprika to put on top of hot dogs and spaghetti because they're fat. chili is a southwest thing
not sure i'd call pumpkin pie or cranberry sauce northeast things. they're more seasonal or holiday fare