Cast-Iron Pizza

How do I make a pizza (either thicc crust or regular) I my cast iron?

I got some pizza dough & sauce, fresh basil, tomatoes, meats, onions, pinenuts, olives, mushrooms, and some chilies. How do I into pizza?

Other urls found in this thread:

bonappetit.com/test-kitchen/how-to/article/pan-pizza-video
youtube.com/watch?v=qxsGSVXJTY8
youtube.com/watch?v=vcfNpDtVqOw
youtube.com/watch?v=KLGSLCaksdY
seriouseats.com/2016/08/cast-iron-pizza-tortilla-video-recipe-food-lab.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Spread dough, sauce, toppings and then cheese. Turn on your oven, place pizza in cast iron, place cast iron in oven, bake till finished.
You can onit the cast iron if you like

bonappetit.com/test-kitchen/how-to/article/pan-pizza-video

youtube.com/watch?v=qxsGSVXJTY8

Here you go, friendo

oil the cast iron, preknead the dough a bit then lay it in the cast iron, form it to the edges (up the walls if you want a thick crust like the picture), add toppings and cook.

500 degrees.
Preheat pan
Form pizza dough on counter
Prep ingredients but don't put on dough yet.
Remove and oil pan.
Put and position dough in pan careful.
Quickly put all toppings on.
Put back in oven and cook for 12-15 mins.

I usually lay the crust out first in my cast iron, baste with olive oil and put garlic powder , then par bake at high heat for 5-10 mins depending on thickness of the crust and of your cast iron . Then I top it with sauce and everything else and bake till melted. I hate undercooked dough so I do it this way . Bonus points if you use your own pizza sauce

I actually like to flip my cast iron upside down and cook pizza on the bottom.

I might be insane.

Do you still least put a baking tray underneath or something. Savage

Thanks for googling shit loser

a bold strategy

this is how I do mine, except I use garlic butter on the crust after it comes out from par baking and the final baking. also I like my pepperoni crispy so I turn the broiler on for the last couple minutes while its on the bottom rack.
If I don't par bake it the middle bottom of the crust is not cooked enough. but then again I like a lot of toppings, usually onions, green peppers, mushrooms, banana peppers, black olives, pepperoni.

PAN
NICE AND HOT
youtube.com/watch?v=vcfNpDtVqOw

if using onion, meat or mushrooms, saute/brown them before adding them on top of the pizza

otherwise you'll have watery mushrooms on top of the pizza, and the water that escapes from the mushrooms will sog the rest of the pizza as well

Build pizza in pan. Heat pan on stovetop, highest heat, until outside of dough is barely crisped (~3 minutes). Bake in oven, 500 degrees, 10-12 minutes.

left my cast iron unattended and its fucking rusty. can i save it?

youtube.com/watch?v=KLGSLCaksdY

Yes.

so just oil? its kinda heavy rusty.

So remove the rust first, genius. It's not hard.

>It's not hard.

Rust, by definition, is both hard, and hard to remove.

Cast iron is shit. Use non rusty, non stick.

>hard to remove.

Millennial who has zero real-world experience detected.

Heat the oven to 550F or as high as it goes, it should be done in minutes if you went for an authentic Neapolitan crust.
Well you're not suppose to soak your cast iron pans in water genius.
Well gee I dunno, grab a brush or sponge, then use some water and detergent, see if it comes off, if it doesn't try using some scouring pads, if it still doesn't come off, get the grinder out boy.

>Cast iron is shit. Use non rusty, non stick.

pppppppppppffffffffffffffttttttttt

too much workk

As a millennial, I just throw away my dirty pans and have mommy and daddy buy me a new one.

Why do I get the feeling you've never worked a day in your life

Cast iron cuck bois BTFO.

"ITS EASY TO CLEAN. JUST GET YOUR GRINDER"

Why do I get the feeling you meet cucks inherited everything from your grandpappy and aren't smart enough to even imagine a better life for yourselves?

whats a good pizza recipe

>dont have time to make dough
??
why the fuck does he put that much oil on it??

pineapple

Can you believe I did a redo right there in the spot?????????

Try using a tortilla for your crust. I'm serious.

seriouseats.com/2016/08/cast-iron-pizza-tortilla-video-recipe-food-lab.html

Whenever I do it, I oil the pan, assemble the pizza, put the pan on the stove on medium-high for ~5 minutes, then put it in the oven at like 400F for 15ish minutes or until cheese is melted. Crust turns out crispy on top and bottom.

jack is a literal retard

successful troll is successful

kinda common in italy too, we do with piadina which is the same idea
i dont like it too much but for sure it's fast and retard-proof