ITT: books that made you cry

ITT: books that made you cry

One of the best final pages I've ever read.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6ztbyYSe_LU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i can't remember the last time i cried. kill me now. i'm already dead inside

Don't understand the love for this book

For me main one is probably Les amities particulieres when I was a young teen, don't shoot me

You know in movies, where the main character is holding his dying buddy in his arms, and crying, and then he makes a dumb comment, and the hero laughs, even though he's still crying?

That kind of crying.

>tfw you made it over 20 years before realizing that books and songs often made people cry
I've never cried because of a book, movie or piece of music.

The only one I clearly remember is the Æneid, Book IV.

>tfw you cried because of that shit all the time as a teen and then you just went numb

fellsbadman

>crying
>over text
How do you call yourselves men? This is pathetic. I thought this board was redpilled.

Almost every novel I read makes me cry at least a little bit.

did you just assume my gender?

gay

Crying at fiction is manly, crying at real life is not.

Neither are manly.

crying at the right moment can be manly af

this

fuck off Stacy, I know you are only here to subvert us and keep us as virgins

>book
Final passage in Ulysses
>movie
Ending to It's A Wonderful Life
>song
Alvin Row ending
>painting
None

there are enough sociopaths out there. i'm glad there is a way to distinguish them

I've never full blown cried, but I got teary reading The Overcoat and East of Eden when Tom killed himself.

The moment the tear leaves your eye, it's no longer manly.
It can however be manly to have a single tear appear in your eye, but it can't leave your eye. If it starts running down your cheek it's no longer manly, even if you wipe it away.

god, don't remind me about that fucking fuck of a movie

and to be extra cheesy, i actually cried to bob dylan's make you feel my love. mainly because i have intimacy issues and i can't imagine ever being able to give someone love like that

Lad we watch Wonderful Life every Christmas Eve and I bawl like a baby every single time.

>you will never make such a big difference in every person in a small town's life that they all sprint to your house in the snow on Christmas Eve to give you their savings when you are in trouble purely out of love

Why the fuck continue living

And put me off russians for a (brief) while.

>I cried like a baby in front of my mother

Also its very short you can just read it in one evening.

Not a book, but the story is taken from How to Win Friends and Influence People

Felt a lump in my throat at the ending of Stoner.

>That relentless forward march of time
>That moment when it's your turn to fall from the line. To get left behind and forgotten.

didn't cry but saved because that is exactly what i try to tell my husband but he doesn't understand and it breaks my heart

Anão, porque a sua capa está em espanhol?

Your husband sounds like he's trying to raise a man instead of a faggot. Just stay in the kitchen where you belong, liberal sow.

there is also a sane middleground that he is missing by miles

The Outsiders

I was in like 6th grade

Catch-22
Growth of the soil
Pan
My Struggle
The Sun Also Rises
One Hundred Years of Solitude
The Source, or the Letter about Mark the Fisherman
Stoner

I think Borges made me cry once. cant remember clearly tho
rec soul stirring works

>Alvin Row ending
my nigga, (never cried with that shit tho)

my diary desu

>muh enlightenement
this book sucked

I just picked up that book and read the last several pages and cried today, as a matter of fact.

"You stay shy, I'll stay shy; dear Alvin" or "My singing voice is gone"?

Your post made me cry.

I cried when he opened the book that was dedicated to him

I literally can't read this book because of its dealing with indians

Living around the cretins has completely destroyed it for me

>crying over books
Hope you're not a man. The only acceptable time to cry is when a family member or a close friend dies.

kek

>>I literally can't read this book because of its dealing with indians
Do they shit on it (literally).

I don't think it's fair to come up with rules for when people should cry

>muh feelings
Checkmate atheists.

What did you mean by that

It will remain a mystery. Also check those digits.

I don't cry much

>book
not yet
>movie
Probably the last 40 minutes of Amadeus
>song/piece
youtube.com/watch?v=6ztbyYSe_LU

I did cry at the end. I don't remember, but I think I also shed tears at the end of Siddhartha.

bruh what could've made you cry in 100years of solitude?

Was talking to a professor about this today. Call me a pleb but I was under the impression that Hesse wrote with at least the intention to emulate Vedic/Buddhist tradition, turns out it's just a culturally insignificant fanfic. I loved the book but this really did crush me desu. I knew it was fiction but it seems so fraudulent now.

If you're feeling sad about being dead inside, you aren't dead inside.

You're actually hyper-emotional.

You're the biggest meme of all, and the smallest man, frienderino.

Crying is humanly. It isn't anyone's place to determine what should move another person or how much.

Not only is it not their place, it is impossible to create an objective standard for such a thing, and therefore must always be subjectively derived from the domain of the human experiencing the emotion, or the less subjective domain of those experiencing the same environment as the individual experiencing the overflow of emotion - thereby creating a more objective, though still subjective, standard via existing within the appropriate context for analysis.

However, as a novel is something which is read by a single individual it is ultimately always left to the subjective determination of the reader as to whether or not the work merits an outpouring of emotion, and in what manner.

You're welcome. Even my spit-balling is solid gold.

Cities of the Plain
Gravity's Rainbow
The Old Man and The Sea
Austerlitz
Far Tortuga