Everyone believed in science way back when, then global warming came along and fucked it all up

Everyone believed in science way back when, then global warming came along and fucked it all up.
What happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9_WHQkPrhjg
youtu.be/pRenGy0cg5s?t=4m
unfccc.int/paris_agreement/items/9444.php
bellingcat.com/resources/articles/2017/06/07/flat-earth-online-communities/
carbonbrief.org/major-correction-to-satellite-data-shows-140-faster-warming-since-1998
nature.com/ngeo/journal/v5/n1/abs/ngeo1327.html
history.com/this-day-in-history/monkey-trial-begins
tobaccocontrol.bmj.com/content/21/2/87
cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/fast_facts/index.htm
researchgate.net/profile/Jobs_Zhong/publication/14827779_Nicotine_inhibition_of_apotosis_suggests_a_role_in_tumor_promotion/links/573eb63508ae9f741b308f6a.pdf
pnas.org/content/97/23/12493.full.pdfDistrib
insideclimatenews.org/content/Exxon-The-Road-Not-Taken
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The hierarchal structure of our capitalist society doomend us. This is how it happened

Rich people: Oh fuck, my business that makes literally a million dollars a second is getting threatened by all this REALITY. Better call my bottom bitch, politicians, to block all moves to stop my business.

Politicians: INDEED! Global warming is a hoax by the umm... blacks... no wait that's racist... umm, by the japs, oh no racist too. By the jews? No no, remember Hitler fuck. Umm... global warming is a hoax from... yes... LIBERALS. LIBERALS DUN DID THE GLOBAL WARMING HOAX. DO NOT BELIEVE, MY VOTERS. DO NOT BELIEVE!

Average citizen/voter: I KNEW IT! THE FUCKING LIBERALS ONCE AT IT AGAIN! GLOBAL WARMING IS A HOAX!

Ever heard from trickle down economics? Well, I present to you trickle down bullshit, because bullshit is all that trickles down from the rich degenerates to us citizens. This is why we need communism.

The earth is flat.

>Well, our planet stays warm for 1 main reason. The atmosphere.
wrong again, its gods love that keeps the earth warm.

and mars isnt cold, it's literally glowing red have you ever used a telescope? based on my science experiments with black-man radiation i can tell you for a fact the surface of mars is around 3000k kelvin

>What happened?

The internet and dissolution of "official" sources of knowledge.

Flat Earth is bullshit.

youtu.be/9_WHQkPrhjg
Global Warming alarmists from abc News predicted in 2008 that in 2015 we would have
(1) Coastal Cities like New York & San Francisco underwater in 2015
(2) Most of USA, Europe & Amazon Rain forest would become Deserts like Arizona in 2015.
(3) All North Pole Ice would melt in 2015.
(4) Hurricanes, Droughts, Fires....

The only thing Global Warming alarmists """predicted""" right is the Famines in Africa which happens everyday for Centuries since the 19th Century.

THAT MAKES YOU THINK.

Liberals politicized science and started pushing their mob ideology on whoever disagrees with them.
If someone is dubious about global warming and the answer he gets is stupid/bigot/retard obviously he will become "radicalized" and deny it completely.

The fact that popsci is politicized and exaggerated doesn't help.

How many idiots talk about global warming like it is the end of the world without actually knowing ANYTHING at all?Their total ignorance makes it impossible for them to have a normal discussion involving facts/research/theories and forces them to say :Look,Obama said that 97% of scientists agree with me,ok?

lmao

Big oil is using the same playbook as the tobacco industry did.
Even some of the spin masters are the same.
It is an industry, not a coincidence.

youtu.be/pRenGy0cg5s?t=4m

Is the moon flat?

You are misrepresenting scientists for the media.
The media is also people who report on fake technologies like artificial gills.
I suggest starting with thunderf00t videos if you really want to learn about global warming.

>communism
that sure puts the rest of your post into perspective

oh wow i sure do remember the ussr being environmentally friendly

>I talk communism
>He thinks of one of the communist societies that once existed and then failed

Yeah, no. The idea of communism is completely separate from environmental policy. If one communist society was not environmentally friendly, it does not mean that communist inherently causes pollution. You can have green communism.

And that is not even my point because we are NOT discussing global warming. We are discussing why there so much denial and politization around global warming. And the answer is simple: Rich people paid politicians to spew lies which the mostly uninformed public now believes.

earth is a rhombus pls respond

>The idea of communism is completely separate
from reality

When Communists unironically thinks that Venezuela, Soviet Union, China & North Korea were/are some kind of Heaven on Earth.

Famines in Soviet Russia
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droughts_and_famines_in_Russia_and_the_Soviet_Union
Fall of the Soviet Union
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissolution_of_the_Soviet_Union
Famines in Communist China
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Chinese_Famine
Famines in North Korea
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Korean_famine
Crysis in Venezuela
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisis_in_Bolivarian_Venezuela

>When Communists unironically thinks that Venezuela, Soviet Union, China & North Korea were/are some kind of Heaven on Earth.

Your projection is showing, once again. I never once in my post implied that the current communists governments are good in any way.

You know what? The communist governments of today are FUCKING SHIT. You know why? Because at the end of the day, the politicians running them are capitalist-minded assholes who just started overtaxing the country to pocket all the money while pretending it was going to be used for social programs. Communism cannot work like that. Literally every communist politician today is a corrupt capitalist looking to make a quick book.

But! Communism could be great, if the politicians behind it had true communist ideals like social programs in mind.

Mistaking a new age church for a scientific and educational institution. How do you think the church has rolled since God died?

Wow. Luckily there never was anything like that in non-communist countries. Oh, wait.

the fact that you even have to say "communism could be great" should show you that communism just does not work.

stop living in some fantasized ideal where 'if everyone were just perfect just humans who put others needs first then communism would work!'

the fact that it keeps failing shows you that it just does not work. the human aspect has to be taken into account as well.

just go visit Cuba and see for yourself how communism helped them.

potholer54 is better at it than thunderf00t

Communism & Capitalism are both controlled by (((the same group of people)))

That's why I'm Libertarian. Tax is Theft.

>should show you that communism just does not work.

Not really. There are total shitholes in this world that are literally capitalist society. Some countries have made capitalism works, other haven't. It all depends on the politicians. If you have corrupt politicians then capitalism will never work either.

The same goes for democracy. There are and were many democracies out there where because the politicians had corrupt motivations, the democracy was shit. Think of Venezuela here. Venezuela was a complete democracy but because of the corrupt intentions of its politicians, they step by step destroyed the democracy and started their dictatorship.

So now I say to you, if capitalism can fail and you can accept that "capitalism can be great" then why if communism fails you immediately conclude "communism doesn't work".

It seems to me like you are biased here.

honestly wish the rich were more selfish

Communist China CO2 air pollution is visible from Space, but the Great Wall is not.

LOL at Communist China ratifying the Paris Agreement:

China decides that the Agreement applies to the Hong Kong and Macao Only.

unfccc.int/paris_agreement/items/9444.php

Hong Kong and Macau hahahahahahaha.

USA coast will be underwater thanks to the (China) Communism.

>hahahahahahaha.

People like science when it reaffirms what they already believe. People reject science when it tells them they are wrong. This is true for everyone.

Read

Communist CHINA & Capitalist USA are Both Huge polluters.
CHINA & USA are the greatest polluters in Entire World.

See the Ideology (Communism or Capitalism) & Actions against Global Warming are fucking UNRELATED.

Make USA fully communist or Make China fully capitalist will not solve the Global Warming or Pollution Problem. The pollution emissions will continue due to their political power.

Science stopped making people feel good, so they've plugged their ears and are hoping that the truth will go away eventually.

That's why I said before that Libertarian Ideology is the Solution.
Also Why Polluter Oil Companies & Leftist Media/Academy are both owned by (((Them))).

Why both people pro & against CO2 emissions are funded by (((Them)))?

Why (((Rockefellers))) own Oil Companies but at same time fund Greenpeace & WWF.

Why (((They))) make Wars in Middle East for taking Oil while funding Environmentalist Movements across the World?

I actually saw a really cool article about flat earthers that explained this. Just sub global warming for flat earth where appropriate and it's basically the same idea.

bellingcat.com/resources/articles/2017/06/07/flat-earth-online-communities/
>Flat earth beliefs are not just a break from scientific logic, but more centrally an explicit rejection of mainstream political authority. According to flat earth believers, the round earthis more than a scientific lie;it extends to a grand conspiracy orchestrated by the global order and perpetuated by a range of institutions, both real (NASA) and imaginary (the Illuminati).
>To accept flat earth does not just mean rejecting the globe, but rejecting all political and scientific authority, thus changing your entire worldview.

Whereas the Old Right might have disagreed with science due to traditionalism or religion, the New Right (not just the alt-right) disagrees because they see mainstream science as primarily a liberal/progressive/leftist institution propped up by liberal/progressive/leftist lies.

>So now I say to you, if capitalism can fail and you can accept that "capitalism can be great" then why if communism fails you immediately conclude "communism doesn't work".

>It seems to me like you are biased here.

There are capitalist nations that fail but the most successful countries are all capitalist with some welfare on top. While there was never a single successful communist country. It is not bias when it is true.

>There are capitalist nations that fail but the most successful countries are all capitalist with some welfare on top. While there was never a single successful communist country. It is not bias when it is true.

Capitalism is a process that has been failing and correcting itself for over 2000 years.

Communism is an idea someone came up with a couple of 200 years ago and because of how unnapealing it is (for rich people) it has been barely tried half assedly a handful of times.

At the right hands, the right time and with the right people, communism could take us to a whole new level as a species. Read Marx.

It doesn't help that the more vocal leftists in science are taking on transgenderism as a scientific issue when it has nothing to do with science, it's psychology.

>it has nothing to do with science, it's psychology
think about what you just said

>successful countries are all capitalist with some welfare on top
most successful is nordic model/third way economics like norway and the netherlands

I did. Don't tell me you believe psychology to be a science? And sociology and astrology too? Psychologists had to make up the term 'soft science' to try to weasel their way into science departments, but nobody seriously considers it a science.

>nothing to do with science, it's psychology

Get out of here /pol/

>thunderfaggot
he is the king of pseudo-intellectualism
anyone that takes him seriously should be checked for brain damage

gotta watch xX_skankhunt42_Xx if you wanna REALLY learn science

huh?

People still believe in science, nothing is fed up

>there's a problem that can be solved by putting up restrictions
>we need full-blown communism instead
Kys. That's like killing a rapid dog with a nuke. Communism is economic suicide anyway

>multiple scandals involving scientists fudging global temperature numbers
>"waaah why doesnt no on trust climate change anymore???"

truly a mystery for the ages

name one

When did "everyone" ever believe in science, especially "way back when", when religion ruled the world?

carbonbrief.org/major-correction-to-satellite-data-shows-140-faster-warming-since-1998

>Crysis in Venezuela
Venezuela can't even run Crysis on the lowest settings

I have a friend who works in istanbul. I'd heard about climatologists moving thermometers around to fudge the numbers so I was like you know that's all bs right and she was like yeah I tell everyone that every day.

I'm sure climate change is real but it sucks that anyone would want or need to lie about it.

>a rapid dog

>>Name one
>I'd heard about climatologists moving thermometers around to fudge the numbers
So, you don't have any real examples, and just made one up?

>I'm sure climate change is real but it sucks that anyone would want or need to lie about it.
And yet deniers like you do it non-stop.

Climate change is real with human caused factors. The total net change projection, is alot lower than the "alarmists" want you to believe. Earth's temperature is a complex system with many outside contributing factors, such as sunspots, placement of the solar system in the galaxy, earth's wobble as well as many other as release of greenhouse gases from the ocean and volcanoes. Don't believe in the earth is fucked anytime soon, we have loads of time to develop clean energy and focusing on securing the oceans from heavy metals. So that we can feed the growing population, without fear of damaging their health from our pollution.

>Climate change is real with human caused factors. The total net change projection, is alot lower than the "alarmists" want you to believe.
The vast majority of studies have put the human contribution at 80%-120% of the observed warming.

> Earth's temperature is a complex system with many outside contributing factors, such as sunspots, placement of the solar system in the galaxy, earth's wobble as well as many other as release of greenhouse gases from the ocean and volcanoes.
Just because it's complex doesn't mean it can't be modeled. And several of those factors (solar system position, volcanic GHGs) are pretty minor influences anyway.

>Don't believe in the earth is fucked anytime soon, we have loads of time to develop clean energy
Wishful thinking.

Any scientific (((theory))) that tries to convince me the world will end because of mankind and not Christ's return is, well, full of shit.

T librul

Ewsy for you to believe in climatechange when its not threathening your livelyhood

>120% of the observed warming
>Above 100% / Don't sum up to 100%
>Post without any Data Sources / References
You said the same thing as
>"120% of Americans agree that Hillary have 120% of chance of winning the election with 120% of votes in 120% of States "

To the trash goes.

guess rebnuts just hate their kids, selling them off for a few bucks

>believed in science
Not a good thing. You don't "believe" in science, if you do then there is something fundamentally wrong with your understanding of it.

>Russia: before communism, complete shithole. During communism, a lot better but still shit
>China: before communism, complete shithole. During communism, a lot better but still shit
>Korea
>Cuba
I could go on. None of these countries were successful superpowers, they were backward-ass nations with no infrastructure. Even if the famines weren't exaggerated (which they definitely were for USSR and China) both of those countries and most of the undeveloped world had famines regularly

by the way I'm not a communist, it's just easy to sniff out bullshit when it comes to communists or Nazi Germany because people do minimal research and just go off what popular history says

>Above 100% / Don't sum up to 100%
Do you really not understand what negative numbers are?

My uncle once said that climatologists eat babies

>The hierarchal structure of our capitalist society doomend us. This is how it happened
>Rich people: Oh fuck, my business that makes literally a million dollars a second is getting threatened by all this REALITY. Better call my bottom bitch, politicians, to block all moves to stop my business.
>Politicians: INDEED! Global warming is a hoax by the umm... blacks... no wait that's racist... umm, by the japs, oh no racist too. By the jews? No no, remember Hitler fuck. Umm... global warming is a hoax from... yes... LIBERALS. LIBERALS DUN DID THE GLOBAL WARMING HOAX. DO NOT BELIEVE, MY VOTERS. DO NOT BELIEVE!
But that's simply wrong. The richest companies of the US (Apple, Google, etc.) do not deny climate change

It's just that believing climate change is a hoax is more convenient than changing your life, and that is a good reason to believe climate change is a hoax for a big part of the population (especially in the US, but then again, apparently "bible vs evolution" is still an open topic in America)

ideas & numbers looks more Imaginary Irrational than Real or Rational

This

>Reddit

remove the dildo from your ass and learn what the word "Humour" means, you wanker

>humans cause increase of 1.2 C
>but meanwhile other factors cause decrease of 0.2 C
>net warming is 1.0 C
>human contribution is 120% of total warming

we have to explain this to you dickwits every single time. apparently you're incapable of understanding what negative numbers are. are you mentally defective?

>nature.com/ngeo/journal/v5/n1/abs/ngeo1327.html

>The internet and dissolution of "official" sources of knowledge
...substituted by disinformation.

>alarmists
Newspeak for "popsci writers".

>teh Libruls
>teh mob ideology
...teh denialists

>Everyone believed in science way back when
Lrn2scopes-monkey-trial, retard
history.com/this-day-in-history/monkey-trial-begins

>Everyone believed in science way back when,

Is this bait? Even before global warming you had fucktards who were denying shit that had general consensus among researchers.

The most obvious comparison is smoking.

tobaccocontrol.bmj.com/content/21/2/87

Companies we're denying it left and right, a number of doctors were unconvinced and a significant amount of the first world populations didn't believe it either. It literally took entire cities worth of dead people to convince everyone smoking was actually a scientifically sound and proven problem.

cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/fast_facts/index.htm

This bullshit is nothing new and I fully expect this level of ignorance to continue with other subjects in Science too.

It shouldn't be surprising that the denial of smoking harm and the denial of AGW are so similar: They're being run by many of the same PR organisations.

>busy talking about muh evil corperations
>not busy proving them wrong scientificially
You know sometimes the bad guys are right.

The "bad guys" own internal documents clearly show that they're outright lying.

And those who spew out muh 97% world apocalypse aren't?

Nicotone is actually good for you, can be used as a no-tropic. It's the other chemicals in it that are bad. Use Nicotine gum. Smoking anything is inherently bad for you desu.

>Nicotone is actually good for you
Nicotine can give you cancer.
>researchgate.net/profile/Jobs_Zhong/publication/14827779_Nicotine_inhibition_of_apotosis_suggests_a_role_in_tumor_promotion/links/573eb63508ae9f741b308f6a.pdf
>pnas.org/content/97/23/12493.full.pdfDistrib

2quoque4me
and I defy you to produce an example of an internal document from a climatology lab showing that researchers are outright lying.
You know, like how Exxon produced internal reports showing they knew warming was going to be a problem...and then buried them.
>insideclimatenews.org/content/Exxon-The-Road-Not-Taken