Where to start with this handsome devil?

Where to start with this handsome devil?

I'm norwegian, will I be able to read his works in danish or should I get translations?

Other urls found in this thread:

naturalthinker.net/trl/texts/Kierkegaard,Soren/TheSicknessUntoDeath.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He was actually ugly in real life, lol, according to reports, but that picture just happens to be almost ridiculously flattering and handsome

Looks like Anthony Michael Hall desu.

Grab the portable kierkegaard

shit

okay, rec me some handsome philosophers

camus

No wonder Regine cried so much whe she lost him.

I'm a dude and would let him fuck me hard.
No homo.

Shut the fuck up you autistic virgin

Gotta go with Kant on this one as the king of em all. Also Socrates. MAYBE Hegel, not sure. Finish it up with Sam Hyde. Good luck buddy.

for real?

from what i gather his major works are fear and trembling, either/or, and the sickness unto death, and ive already read fear and trembling desu. i plan on reading him comprehensively, i'd just like to get a reccommended ordering in which to read his works so i dont bankrupt myself buying all his shit

You're a complete faggot, my man.

A decent amount of Kierkegaard's works have been edited to be more accessible to contemporary Danes, so it depends on your ability to read modern Danish.

t. Dane

The essential kierkegaard* is great for first time readers and more experienced, trust me

>buying
>books
top fucking lel

Didn't stop him from cucking his friends for fun though

just read maymay comics

reddit

A real man is not ashamed to say he finds another man attractive.

A real man is not ashamed to admit that his doing so is, in fact, quite homo.

Hvor er du?

Nu male

Aren't those reports the stuff published in the Danish press after he publicly asked them to make fun of him?

dansk skriftlig e jævlig likt bokmål

There is no god.

KIERKGAARD BTFO

Why don't you try? Also, surely Danish translates better to Norwegian than it does to English, and Danish translates well to English. Contemporary Germanic languages with the exception of German and Icelandic are fairly similar, I think.

You really can't go wrong either way, a translation from one language to the other, I imagine, is kind of like a translation of late-middle English and 20th century modern English. That is, there are some small changes in grammar, pronunciation, and vocabulary. If you can read both, good on you. If you can't, the translation is really only taking if it's poetry.

Sexual orientation is a spook. If you allow yourself to get past getting grossed out by homosexuality, you'll be able to at least try it.

Nord-Norge?
Would be surprising if there's more than one on Veeky Forums.

Faggot

That sounds like a very Kierkegaard thing to do.

If you truly weren't homosexual you would have no reaction to the idea of it. The fact that it upsets you means somewhere you secretly relate to it.

stavanger

:(

Faggot

Trondheim

Bergen.

Wtf I hate Kierkegaard now

Read the essay "the present age" and his dissertation "on the concept of irony", maybe brush up on important hegelian terminology,
That should set you up nicely.

what philosopia am i gonna need to raed kierkegaard

swede here, read enten/eller in danish and it worked out but was a huge fucking pain, took me about 3 times as slow to get through

working in copenhagen rn, should be easier this time

continental phil, i guess heidegger would be a decent place to start

new testament is the most important prerequisite

Augustine.

Don't be mean

no he's right user, youre the kettle, he's the pot

>... took me 3 times as slow to read.
Quite genuinely not to be an asshole (the non-native English speakers I know always tell me to correct them), but it should either be "it took me 3 times as long to read", "it took [required] reading 3 times as slow", or etc...

Where can I find his dissertation? I normally wouldn't ask but it's been impossible to track down online.

There's only one English translation that I know of, which costs like $80 or something stupid like that.

Digital shouldn't be hard to find in english
Just search on bookzz.org, both the pdf and epub versions are on there.

Camus is the one of the worst philosophers I've ever read. His novels are fine, but his philosphy is just a string of aphorisms where he says nothing and tries to sound cool.

Is this a decent translation?
naturalthinker.net/trl/texts/Kierkegaard,Soren/TheSicknessUntoDeath.pdf

I am finding it difficult to find ebooks of this faggot.

Trump

He is actually a devil!

looking at the essential Kierkegaard, it has all his major works but it seems they're all abridged. Is this a problem? I generally go for unabridged works, but at the same time I don't want to kill myself reading huge works when an excerpt or two would've worked just fine.

That's just a collection of excerpts from all, or most, of his published work and journal entries. If you just want an overview of his thought, its a fine choice.

Haven't read them myself, but Hannay's translations of Either/Or, sickness unto death and fear and trembling are supposedly easier to read then the Hongs and are abridged, if that's what you want

>tfw forced to learn Danish in school
>even thought Danish is useless
The blood of Danish tyranny flows deep in Iceland

kys