Why does Veeky Forums hate music, films and pretty much any other medium so much?

Why does Veeky Forums hate music, films and pretty much any other medium so much?

we don't hate music

Nobody hates those things except for desperate teenagers trying to be edgy in a new exciting way.

/thread

>Veeky Forums
>literature

You can like something yet not want to talk about it in a space designated for another topic.

Music, literature and visual art are the only truly great artforms

But i like anime.

Kill yourself.

Where did you get that impression? We're just a literature board so we don't talk about these things that much.

In addition, being passionate about literature is rarer these days than being into music or tv, so there may be a little snobbery, but only true pseuds denigrate other art forms.

I love music, film, and video games.

In fact I love music and film so much that it's usually music and film experiences that cause me to delete large chunks of my work. I have a serious inferiority complex wrt those two mediums.

its bad

literature is the only artform ftfy your welcome

literature is the inferior medium desu

It's good for education and conveying facts sure, but it's hardly on the level of all the other arts. Language is a painful constraint.

I mean, Veeky Forums may hate on a lot of contemporary movies or music and shit, but they'd also hate on the average new book release. It's a much bigger time commitment to read a book than basically any other media form so people are more focused on quality

Doesn't Veeky Forums have boards for music, films, and pretty much everything?

I mean I could go to /k/ and ask where are the cupcake recipes are, but...

we do have an antifilm meme going
don't know what they meant by us disliking music tho

Art is an illusion. True beauty is found in nature.

nature is an illusion. true beauty is found in metaphysics.

There are classical music threads sometimes in which people act superior like always and say edgy shit about music. I guarantee there will be somebody saying how it's not as intellectual and refined as literature, how composers are inferior, and how it's easier to write music than to write literature.

Art has nothing to do with beauty you butt dildo.

>Art has nothing to do with beauty you butt dildo.

That is a modern "innovation".

You reject it?

Metaphysics are an illusion. True beauty is found in art.

embrace it because is not going to go backwards

go to bed, josh.

There are hundreds of years of beautiful artistic works, I'll be alright, thanks.
Sure, beauty isn't needed but what really is needed anyway

My nigga, you think cave paintings were done out of beauty?

How is that related to anything I said? But yes, there must have been some form of beauty intended even in those.

What I'm saying is that I don't like it, and will stick to art that I find more valuable.

You sicken me.

Good.

What's some good Veeky Forums to learn to appreciate visual arts?
What about some good Veeky Forums on actively listening to music rather than having it be a passive experience?

There is no Veeky Forums, there are textbooks and trying to create by yourself at least a little to gain understanding.

Are you a girl?

for a board that is supposedly full of well-read people, you know jack shit about art

>There is no Veeky Forums
there are countless books on the philosophy and appreciation of art,
see

I made no statement about what is and isn't art, only about what I appreciate. I understand you read some introductory text about what is art, but fuck off.