IQ GENERAL: POSTMORTEM

This previous thread proved that this is a legit online IQ test.

>What did we learn about the psychtests.com IQ test?

1. The IQ test has a strong correlation with proctored IQ tests like WAIS-R and Stanford-Binet.

2. Raw IQ scores (SD 18.67) are converted to a standardized IQ score (SD 15) and then reported to users. This means that your reported score matches what you’d get on an SD 15 test like the WAIS-R (4.4 in Compliance with APA Standards PDF).

3. Because the test’s samples were gathered online, sampling bias was tightly controlled for (7.10 in Compliance with APA Standards PDF).

>What did we learn from anons in the previous thread that took the test?

1. A majority of anons reported receiving scores comparable to scores they had received on proctored IQ tests.

2. The corollary to the Dunning-Kruger Effect was once again confirmed as many test takers who scored highly on the test did not accept their scores and argued that they were artificially inflated, falsely presuming that what they found easy was also easy for those of lesser abilities.

>What does this mean for IQ testing?

1. While people interested in determining their IQ should always take a battery of IQ tests and compare their results across all tests to calculate a composite score, an online IQ test can be just as valid as one administered by a licensed psychologist so long as it is properly developed and standardized.

2. The “there are no valid online IQ tests” meme is just that- a meme.

>THE TEST
testyourself.psychtests.com/staticid/975

>COMPLIANCE WITH APA STANDARDS
corporate.psychtests.com/pdf/APA_Standards_Plumeus.pdf

>SUMMARY STATISTICS
testyourself.psychtests.com/tests/showpdf.php?name=classical_iq_lite/psychtests/classical_iq_lite.pdf

Number of Subjects: 15,884
Overall Cronbach’s Alpha: 0.91 (57 items)
Mean = 109.59
Standard Deviation = 18.67

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
nmu.edu/education/sites/DrupalEducation/files/UserFiles/Dobson_Cassie_MP.pdf
sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/06/090623090713.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

blacks have a lower IQ.

Yep

>2. The corollary to the Dunning-Kruger Effect was once again confirmed as many test takers who scored highly on the test did not accept their scores and argued that they were artificially inflated, falsely presuming that what they found easy was also easy for those of lesser abilities.
How is smart people thinking they're dumb a corollary of dumb people thinking they're smart?

It's all just a matter of understanding the word "corollary".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

I was one of the posters from the original thread who got a 147 score for crystallized intelligence. Since I think I got every question right, am I to conclude that 147 is the score ceiling for both the crystalized component and fluid component, and 155 is the ceiling for a composite score (namely, if you get 147 on both, your composite is 155)? I didn't purchase my score report, so I'm curious how the final score is broken down.

I got 120. Not bad, but it could be higher. This is eerily close to my Woodcock-Johnson 122. I wish there were a safe way to boost IQ.

I believe the score ceiling is 155 as indicated. At least two anons in the previous thread claimed 155s.

I got a 147 as well and the detailed report indicated 147 for both crystallized and fluid intelligence, so I suspect the composite is calculated like an average, but I'm not entirely sure though.

Even I got 63/100 for the matrices subtest and in the 80s and 90s for a couple other subtests, so you didn't get everything right.

Oh so my post morbid iq is 114

That's 3 SD in some parts of the world.

Not to be a downer but it's an incurable autoimmune disease

Shiiiiieeet sorry mane :(

Here's a sexy lady on me.

I scored a 146 though.

Very interesting. Now I wonder if wrong answers are weighted differently of if there's some subtest overlap, since 97 seems like a pretty granular score for the verbal portion (which only had seven questions as I recall). Anyway, that pic is helpful.

I got 144 but i'm not a native speaker so i used google translate for word problems. There were at least 2 words i did not understand. What should've been my iq?

I got 94. I want to beat the shit out of the person who posted this. You ruined my evening, you fucking retarded chode.

Well shit. I scored a bit lower on this one than on the Woodcock-Johnson. I'm curious how the test was designed and normed, because that was not what I was expecting.

144 is your score (SD 15). The test converts your raw score (SD 18.67) over to SD 15.

It may very well be higher if English isn't your first language.

And whites have an even lower IQ than Ashkenazi Jews. This is a reminder that we need to get rid of all these white "people" to make way for the true high IQ Jewish master race.

Nah just anyone below a certain threshold

>Woodcock-Johnson

Three penis references in one test name. Very impressive.

No, i mean i used google translate as a dictionary for a couple of word problems, which is not permitted.

That would skew your score if the questions you used it for were testing your understanding of specific definitions. It wouldn't make a difference for any other type of world problem though.

Nice try whitey, but I'm afraid you don't meet the requirement.

Because the thread died I didn't get the chance to answer to :

Here's my reply :

But they are still correlated, or so have many studies shown ; but it's less about achievements, than just my academic achievements. I nearly failed things like high school mathematics, I am deeply anxious, to the point of paranoia, and I can't seem to represent things in my head very well (I have no sense of orientation or ability for spatial reasoning). Certainly, you could say that my lack of spatial reasoning is the reason why I failed mathematics, but seeing as it's high school mathematics, you should still be able to do it with the support of a pen and paper. In my mind, seeing as IQ correlates (along with other factors, true, but it still strongly correlates) with academic success, and that I've had many troubles there, I simply don't believe I have an IQ of around 147. Not even 130. Maybe 120 if you're generous, but not that high.

I have Asperger's but I'm too insecure to take an IQ test because I might be disappointed, what score should I expect?

>what score should I expect?
>I have Asperger's but I'm too insecure

Well some guy on here constantly comments on the superiority of autism when it comes to IQ so I'm interested

I dunno what to say. If you're deeply anxious or experiencing psychological stress that can affect your ability to do well academically. Smart kids from bad homes generally don't do as well as they should academically compared to kids from good homes with similar IQs.

Maybe take a proctored IQ test for a point of comparison.

If you have Aspergers and not full blown autism you'll probably do pretty well.

Why is the free version showing me my crystallized intelligence score instead of my overall score?

This test is bullshit, it doesn't go above 200, which I was actually tested at in person...

Well, I'm not from a bad home, I just don't think the score indicated on the test works out with my real life performances, and I'm not going to pay for a clinical IQ test, not only cause I can't pay for it, but also because it doesn't really matter? I'd ideally just like to be able to understand mathematics and get a STEM degree, but I'm not sure I can.

That there is some correlation between intelligence and success in life doesn't mean that everyone with high IQ is guaranteed a successful life and is destined to be rich, famous, respected and loved. Academic performance to a good degree is about motivation, discipline and compliance with authority, none of which have anything to do with intelligence. IQ isn't some magical measure of your worth as a human being.

It seems fishy to have arithmetic and language based problems in an IQ test.

In the last IQ General, it was proven that we don't need WAIS, Stanford-binet, Ravens etc. anymore. They've been made obsolete by Queensdom, and Psychtests AIM.

We have definitively shown that it doesn't take a proctored subtest with 15-20 subtly different questions to judge (say) spatial reasoning. We can do it just as accurately with just 2 multiple choice questions and get the same results.

>In the last IQ General, it was proven that we don't need WAIS, Stanford-binet, Ravens etc. anymore.

I understand this. I understand that it doesn't guarantee success or prevent failures. I understand that it's not because IQ correlate with things that it excludes other causes also correlating with the same things. However, seeing as I failed things into which only intelligence factors in or plays a role, like mathematics, I doubt I have an IQ above 120. You don't have to know history, or have a wide vocabulary to understand mathematics, you just need to understand, and I can't really do that. Besides, don't you think it weird that I can't locate myself or follow a map, or represent and play with geometrical figures in my head in real life (lack of spatial reasoning), but that I would do well on a test which (kinda, not thoroughly, I'll grant you that, but a little still) is supposed to test spatial reasoning? If I could not have used a piece of paper to rewrite the mathematical problems algebraically I would not have been able to do them, at all.

>psychtest.com = 30-60 minutes
>WAIS-R = 45-75 minutes
>Stanford-Binet = 45-90 minutes

Quit being such a diva just because you got btfo in the last thread.

>If you're deeply anxious or experiencing psychological stress that can affect your ability to do well academically.

I misread what you said there. Is there a way to prove or test this? I don't trust my subjective opinions, I'd like something more solid on this, but I'm not sure if I could ''test'' it myself.

nmu.edu/education/sites/DrupalEducation/files/UserFiles/Dobson_Cassie_MP.pdf

This study seems to indicate that high levels of anxiety have a negative effect on academic performance but low levels actually have a slightly positive effect.

sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/06/090623090713.htm

This article suggests that moderate anxiety doesn't hurt your performance so much as it increases the amount of effort you have to put in to match the performance of those who aren't experiencing anxiety.

I got a 147. No idea which one(s) I messed up, probably one of the verbal ones. Other IQ tests I did online like various forms of Raven's matrices etc. tend to give put me around 145-150, and my GRE scores were I think 167/170, so that seems about right. It's too low for physics anyway.

That's not too low for physics. Physics graduate have on average something like 140. You're fine for physics, user. Also do you have links for the other sites you tested, for comparison's sake with this one?

>psychtest.com = 30-60 minutes
Isn't 30 min the limit?

my dude, i have always scored above 120 in tests posted in 4chins, but this is the first time i get a 97. lost like 10 minutes during the test because of a connection issue with the server, but it did not "finish" the test, probably because the time limit havent been hit yet.
seriously contemplating suicide tbqh.

I did the iqtest.dk one, the mensa.no one, and probably some other one I can't remember. Also the average is brought down by experimentalists and unless you're someone with 160+ who is going to a top 5-10 for theoretical physics there is no hope for you.

>IQ of 94
>Calls others retarded
Top jej

Why do you say there's no hope for you? To discover something? To create a new theory? I'd say 140+ is enough. Certainly, it'd be better to have more, but you can still manage with work to do something and contribute, even if you're not Einstein. And remember fame and accomplishments =/= level of your intellect. Einstein didn't work alone, and didn't magically, out of nowhere pop a new theory. I wouldn't give up. Besides, you might be like Feynmann? Have relatively low verbal skills, but very high numerical skills. That's possible too.

>iq

please leave this board

Started zoning out on the last few logic problems. Pretty consistent with the 131 I tested at back in 3rd grade.

>open test
>see this
>spend 5 minutes trying to decipher it
>close tab
Such is the life of a brainlet

Eh. Got 141 on the mensa one. There's one of two problems near the end that tripped me up I think. And the .dk one asks me to download a file which doesn't seem legit.

O shit I see its the alphabet sideways now, gonna kms

Yeah, some of them aren't so much reasoning skills than they are "can you figure out our silly little trick" skills. I'd also bet the time of day and how often you have to think outside the box have a lot to do with your score.

To be fair, only the first 2 questions are like that, and the milkshake one.

is there an accurate IQ test that will only take me 5 minutes and only have 20 questions?

Don't forget the hardest part, you're allowed to use a calculator, a piece of paper, and a pencil. I didn't read the instructions thoroughly.

Probably would have helped to list names down for the logic problems. I did realize that I could use a calculator once I saw a problem where 12.08 and 12.12 were both answers.

>110

It's okay, user. There's enough room in the brainlet gas chambers. You don't have to struggle to figure out how to tie a noose.

I actually finished it, and got 131 but it took me like 45 minues
It's also 3:30AM here and I only did it because I cant sleep

>No independent verification
>Trying to sell you something
All the proof I need that it's bullshit desu.

Did it in ~25 mins at 26hrs no sleep. Had to check what a vise was as I've only ever spelled it vice (UK).

Test seems too easy comp to other IQ tests I've done before though I haven't done a real one since I was a kid (145-165?160? dont remember).

Also to mr 147 physics I just came out with a 2:1 physics having done literally 0 revision years 1-3 and 2 days before each exam in year 4. Physics ain't that much more difficult than other subjects if at all.

Oh and IQ tests are bullshit

well, I guess this explains why I do nothing but smoke and drink coffee. Going to college wasn't even an option

severely underrated

What's a 2:1 physics?

fuck! really? I guess 131 wasn't so bad for head calculation

>mfw didn't read that
i deserved to get those questions wrong lol

114 brainlet reporting in. it's ok, 1SD brother. we attack at midnight

>it's ok, 1SD brother. we attack at midnight
assuming you can work the doorknob to leave your house

>assuming you can work the doorknob to leave your house
the short bus operator will handle that for us

Degree classifications in the UK
1st >=70% avg
2:1 60%
2:2 50%
3rd 40%
Fail

Here basically a 1st is seen as v good, 2:1 is good 2:2 is 'ehhh' 3rd is a waste of time.

Technical jobs req a 2:1 generally ( sometimes a 2:2) Professional e.g. finance is generally 2:1

post-grad is either 1st or 2:1 depending on the institution and subject

Did people never pay attention to how the score was just crystallized IQ? Not the same thing as g. Just because you read more books and studied for your SATs doesn't mean you're going to have a more flexible mind or as fluid general intelligence as somebody who wasn't as privileged. I would know, I got 144 and I'm stupid as fuck.

Also, obsession with high IQ is just the intelligent failure's last source of pride. The only thing more pathetic than a stupid failure is a smart one.

>104

might as well sign up for the army

It also tests fluid intelligence but you have to pay for the report. Interestingly enough, my fluid intelligence tested higher than crystallized intelligence, despite my belief that my memory was my best asset.

I feel like this is one of those "WHEN YOU SEE IT...YOU'LL SHIT BRICKS" moments

>you need to score bellow 40% to fail a course
Why is the British university system rated so highly again? Fucking corruption in action. How the fuck are you allowed to pass with such a low grade?

I wish Veeky Forums wouldn't constantly pretend this place is full of retards when clearly the average IQ around here is pretty high (maybe as high as 125; it's hard to tell). I mean, you have one guy who is depressed because he "only" got 131, and another who thinks the average physics PhD is 160 (it's actually 130). You guys have been on the internet too long. It has skewed your perception of a "normal" versus high IQ, because people lie about their IQs so much. Also doesn't help that you're probably surrounded by smart people in everyday life, so your intuitions about smartness are anchored unrealistically high. 125 is pretty fucking high in real life. You can do a lot with that. (Average Harvard undergrad is 128.) Anything above 135 is going to get diminishing returns outside of academia. Even if you're "only" 115, fucking relax. It's not the end of the world.

there's g-loaded up the ass test that floats around. I think it's that mensa one for Danes

My result with this testyourself.psychtests.com was 131. Other online tests usually have me 130-135 iirc. I was evaluated at age 11 (am now 20) to be 124 - no clue which test, though.

This test felt easier than the Mensa workout (not the actual placement test, but the example test) where I was able to solve ~70% of the questions.

this happens in the states as well.
not uk so might be different, but a lot of first/second year is designed so 50/100 is the average grade

>tfw consigned to eternal sub-150 IQ brainletdom because of that milkshake question

From the front page of the test:

"This test is supposed to assess your intellectual potential, not your performance under stress. Therefore, there is no time limit. Nonetheless, this test is usually completed in less than one hour."

Alright, so this is a legit IQ test? Great, how should I prep? Should I eat something first? I haven't slept yet, but nothing that mug of coffee can't fix.

I would say pretty accurate ngl, I have scored 134 on the UK MENSA IQ test a few years ago. However I have been fucked on drugs and shit.

wheres your source for average physics graduates IQ? I have done a psy bach and I really want to do physics, I have aprox 130

Fucking milkshakes man. Why are they putting in sets with ambiguous classification criteria? You can drink milk straight from the cow's tiddies. Every other drink on that list is processed artificially in one way or another.

I said that irreverent is blasphemous, but contemptuous also seems compatible. English is not my first language, what is the most correct usage?

You can drink juice straight from the fruit with that logic. It will be pulpy, but who cares? It's not like you aren't drinking pasteurized milk.

What did you pick?

>You can drink juice straight from the fruit with that logic
No you can't. You eat fruit. Only true of stuff like coconut milk. But coconut milk and the like wasn't on that list.

Dude idk what kind of fruit you're eating but these oranges are J U I C Y.

A coconut is technically classified as a fruit, and coconut "milk" is actually juice.

You can't drink oranges user. You eat them along with the juice inside the cells. Watermelon has even more water content. You don't drink watermelon either.

By the way, what is the answer to the accountants/managers question. I got bored and just clicked I don't know.

Is it safe to buy the results? Did anyone try? Did you get scammed?

I owned up and told them I didn't know
No point guessing on a test like this, since you're only cheating yourself, and if the question is badly designed like others have said then a lot of "I don't know" answers would tip off the test designer

>I got bored and just clicked I don't know.
One of the employees doesn't work on Fridays, the other only works in the accounting department from Mon to Thurs IIRC.
It's pretty simple, it's just written to look more complicated than it is.

> It's not like you aren't drinking pasteurized milk.
I've only started drinking pasteurised milk after I moved away from home. My parents used to work on a cow ranch. Now they have a deal with a rancher from a village close to them that sells them unprocessed milk. We would drink the milk raw (none of us in my family likes the taste of cooked milk). I still would if I could get it from somewhere close for cheap.

>)
You can't drink oranges user. You eat them along with the juice inside the cells. Watermelon has even more water content. You don't drink watermelon either.
No but I can drink the juice from an orange. Never tried to suck oranges from a slice of orange until nothing is left but pulp and peel?

The answer was Cathy, who was the only person who is likely to be free on that day without having worked a bunch of days already. Neil can't work for most of the week including Friday, Cathy doesn't work at the beginning of the week, so the last dude (John IIRC) spends his days in the beginning covering for them both.

What if Neil takes his extended weekend after Sunday (so he goes to work on Thursday and Friday but not on MOnday and Tuesday)?

>The “there are no valid online IQ tests” meme is just that- a meme.
Except it's still a meme since these tests can't be used for diagnostic purposes, which is the whole point of an IQ test you mong.

That's a legal technicality.

>101
hahaha fucking kill me I'll never be an engineer