Smart Cities and digitization of society

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_city

What do you think about smart cities and digitized/smart societies? Mainly interested in questions and thought about the balance between human influence over systems versus automated (AI/etc) influence over systems.

Should humanity be pushing harder to replace human-ran systems with more automated and non-human control? ex. Automated cars, automated dynamic taxes, automated police, automated mass surveillance, etc.

Should a layer above human control be erected across all societies that is "better" than us in every way or is there a risk?

gait recognition video (all humans have a unique gait for easy identification at all angles)
youtube.com/watch?v=UI41RyHUako

Other urls found in this thread:

arpnjournals.com/jeas/research_papers/rp_2015/jeas_0215_1582.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Centralization can't exist in a digital world. It creates a massive point of failure.

This isn't true.

In fact its easier for the elites to centralize power if they know how to distract the masses properly

Your elites, sure, but what about those other guy's and their elites at odds with your elites? Or what about an insurgent selectorate that dosen't like your elites and their system and then acquires the means to deal with them?

you would want access to the data though and sharing of that data for max optimization though.

Self driving cars are covered in sensors, it would be stupid to not integrate that with policing for instance.

The problem with increased computerization and "smart cities", every little thing having sensors and an Internet-enabled chip on it is that you are making many safe, regular non-tamperable systems hackable. Imagine if some fucko hacks your smart car and takes it for a joy ride or cuts its brake lines, seals you inside by locking the doors and windows and leaves you to perish in a hot climate, etc?

There are all kinds of nightmarish situations that could happen with internet-enabled smart devices, and many of them will become reality sooner than we think...

Life is already full of that. Someone can car jack you, kidnap you, shoot you, etc already. Cars already smash into each other and into people right now. There isn't really a great explanation of how for instance automated cars will be more dangerous. Especially if they have emergency systems and backups.

That will only happen to politicians so it doesn't matter.

Why?

>Implying society won't collapse before a technocratic dream is realized
>Implying technocracy isn't brining about the collapse

you honestly cant look at any gov and think it's actually technocratic. Someone put into the career path of politician since age 5 is not a technocrat (europe) and USA is worse with the huge glut of lawyers.

>you honestly cant look at any gov and think it's actually technocratic. Someone put into the career path of politician since age 5 is not a technocrat (europe) and USA is worse with the huge glut of lawyers.
soon

I think there's enough faggots using kiddie scripts to fuck around with things we already have. I don't need to fuck around with my "SmartzWindow v12.336 nightly" to close my fucking windows when some faggot has bricked it trying to install hacked firmware. I'll open my own windows and flush my own toilet, thank you.

Is what we have today really a society anymore?

the surveillance system around your house would know if a window is open or closed anyway. The water metering would detect that a flush has occured and the gov would know.

They wouldn't need to intrude directly. It would be just like what is happening now but more official and formal.

wouldnt gait recognition be really easy to fool, at least compared to facial recognition? You can walk funny at will much more easily than like wearing a mask or something inconspicuous that changes your face...

that's why its not talked about a lot

yea from what i know, facial recognition is pretty on point. I guess they could combine the two to really eliminate errors. but can you imagine framing someone by wearing a 3d printed mask of their face and copying their gait while robbing a bank kek

even then id imagine the complexity of the ankle and leg structure uniqueness + good enough recognition could probably see through it or at least detect a silly gait.

You couldn't copy someone's gait that easily.. It's incredibly unique and developed specifically for the kinematics of each individual. Humans rely on extraordinarily efficient walking which is developed uniquely per person.

holy shit, a paper already exists.

arpnjournals.com/jeas/research_papers/rp_2015/jeas_0215_1582.pdf

twin gait recognition, and with facial recognition thrown in! even twins do vary from each other quite significantly, neato

Doesn't work in the west with the massive endless flood of shitskin foreigners
"Diversity" destroys all social trust

what a scientific opinion

>scientific opinion

>distract the masses properly
You obviously arent elite.
>It doesn't even into pentesting, hahaha

>hackable
Slow down. These are brainlets here we're dealing with.

Read "Stranger in a Strange Land"

Studies and my intuition are the same thing. It's obvious from the complexity of the ankle and how we learn to walk dynamically and uniquely (many different rotation angles can work).

This is actually about not trusting humans and would be better in such inconsistent societies with low iq or violent people. Ex. Taking driving away from the humans would not be needed in a society with all great and fully aware responsible drivers.

oh cmon, even twin studies should surprise you! they have like a 25% commonality it seems but that's more than enough difference to account for it.