I've started to find peace with Christianity...

I've started to find peace with Christianity, however reading Nietzsche as an angsty teenager makes me struggle to reconcile selfishness with good will to all man.

Can Veeky Forums provide any text other than the bible that challenges Nietzsche's edginess?

Kierkegaard

But, really
>2017
>needing a daddy figure to cuck you
Just take the redpill and become a Fascist instead

>fascist
>not needing a daddy figure
kek

That was my point, lad.

Christianity is a fucking disease.

How do you let a Veeky Forums meme convince you any differently?

Chesterton

Explain why without using memes

because it has you accept your failures on earth with promises of reward in the afterlife.
it allows you to be okay with giving up before you even try

Wrong. Don't fall for the Chesterton meme, OP.

I live in a southern state and have seen people ruin their lives, and the lives of others, over Christian values.

Playing for an afterlife prevents us from making the most out of the one we are guaranteed to get.

>Can Veeky Forums provide any text other than the bible that challenges Nietzsche's edginess?

Alasdair MacIntyre's "After Virtue" deals with this explicitly. Basically, Nietzsche's edginess is valid for all modern philosophy, but modern philosophy is a mistake that arises from an ignorance of Aristotle, beginning with Descartes and going to Kant, Hegel etc.. Nothing in Nietzsche critiques Aristotle. Therefore Nietzsche = Aristotle was right. Aristotle is the only philosopher capable of getting past Nietzsche's relativism.

Also Max Scheler debunked Nietzsche's critique of Christianity and ressentment and pity.

And Rene Girard's mimetic theory.

you clearly have no idea what Christianity is about

Don't do it, Bill!

it was a gist of nietzsches view on christianity

Here's a gist of Nietzsche's philosophy.

I can't provide anything other than my own experience. I've learned that being kind towards one another and caring about those around you will get you a whole lot further in life than a blind assumption that life is just some pityless struggle for power. Ironically, such a sentiment tends to rob you of your power, while the opposite tends to not only give you strength, while at the same time allowing you to share your life with others.

That doesn't mean that I don't think Nietzsche is a great thinker though. I fully agree with his assessment that suffering and struglle should be utilized to better yourself, I just don't think you should sacrifice empathy and caring about others for that

you can care for others without taking pity on them

Even women and nonwhites? Sorry, but no thanks

>it's a "how do i force myself into christianity because i feel insecure about my edgy atheist days" thread
Kill urself my man

What is there to force lol? I'm not insecure and I was never an athiest. How about you kill yourself instead

That's probably because they're baptists

Try Augustine or something else here

another one