what was there before the big bang?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zO2vfYNaIbk?t=50s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_inflation
youtube.com/watch?v=kbLqJBcsz_s&t=260
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Onle guess that is even remotely scientific

youtu.be/zO2vfYNaIbk?t=50s

Did that artist really show time going forward before the beginning of time...?

>before the big bang let's assume that some kind of space time quantum foam sort of something existed
Stopped watching there.
3D space and time itself did not exist, it was a formless void of nothingness.
It looks like he can't fathom not having a 3D world to navigate in. It's second nature when you're so used to taking it all for granted in your denial of God.

Obviously we were preceded by the collapse of a previouse universe.

Big bang.
Heat death.
Freezing temperatures cause increase in electromagnetic attraction radius.
Big crunch.

All the while we swim through the multiverse causing more of the same energy patterns.

Repeat.

What if the quantum foam is in higher dimensions?

Tl;dr you are living inside a wavelength.

a fractal like universe with some areas expanding and some expanded already

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_inflation

>8D quantom foam
Just stop. I'm not entertaining your sci-fi fantasy. This thread is not based in reality.

--------------------------------------
^ Troll Line ^

Meanwhile, your
>it was a formless void of nothingness
is legit?

Yeah, fuck off.

>eternal

Eternity is one of the few concepts that make humans different from the nature of our universe.
You need only look around you to realise everything dies.
However. Science. Men of the left hand of God. Logical men who searched with integrity for the very sub-fibres of God to understand his universe. They are capable of grasping this concept. A true mark of a scientists power. Is to live forever. Not just in name but in biology as well. Secrecy abounds us. Soon all will come to light.

Stem the bleeding. Sew the wound. Move on.

Describe a 0D space in your own words then?

kys

You will never know so stop these dump questions

drop dead

Fight me both of you!
>.

>Stopped watching there.
back to reading comic books in mom's cellar

only me and your mom

>you will never know
Why can't we just assume that some kind of space time quantum foam sort of something existed pre-big bang?

>what was before, before before was?

Like two turtles.

God

It wasn't necessarily a 0D space. It could easily be an eternal 4D space.

so wait, does this mean that a star explosion in our dimension would make a 2D UNIVERSE!

It's time we blow up the sun to get to the 2d world!~~~

you can just fine unless u r a shitposter

a virgin universe

Sun is not going to collapse into a black hole, it's too light.

both are equally retarded. Obviously, prebigbang, there was only 1 single bunny

>what was before god?

RING RING DINNER'S READY

God exists outside of time without beginning or end. Your question is invalid.

is the universe God?

The universe is not God but i believe God to be omnipresent.

we will literally never know because observations beyond the phase of the universe where everything was a rather opaque plasma is physically impossible.

>Obviously, prebigbang, there was only 1 single bunny

God is a bunny?

Nothing. The Big Bang is science fiction.

magnificent

What do you guys think about the big bounce theory?

Time itself was created in the big bang (since spacetime was created in the big bang event, and time cannot exist independent of space due to the equation v = deltaX/deltaT).

The concept of "before" requires the Past, which requires Time to exist. Since the naked singularity that gave rise to the big bang exists before time exists in the Universal Timeline, it does not make sense to ask the question what came "before" the Big Bang.

In fact, since the Big Bang arose from teh naked singularity before time existed, there can't have been a "cause" in the traditional sense, because cause and effect requires time in order to have meaning.

Therefore not only can we not identify the cause of the big bang, there COULDN'T HAVE BEEN A CAUSE.

It's a timeless event that gave rise to the existence of spacetime and the Universe.

Big bang is a White Hole and everything came out of it. Every "space" that expanded from the White Hole made time move "forward" units of time. When Black Holes swallow matter, this matter is pushed forward to the "end of the timeline" like time-travelling to the future where everything is condensed into a maxed amount of density and matter that is EXACTLY the same state as it was in the beginning, so the beginning and the end is exactly the same state and there is nothing to differentiate it besides the variable of Time working as a memory on a sequential logic system. So for some reason time "resets" and goes back to the beginning with is the White Hole. This is like the chicken and the egg paradox.

Apologies for the stupid idea but this is boggling my mind for days now.

proof of this theory?

Before the big bang there was nothing.

Before the big bang our universe was a Incredibly hot and dense point of energy. Unfortunately until things like quantum gravity are solved and we have better multiverse theories than the rest is really just speculation

It makes Time kinda meaningless if its an infinite cycle. Creates a paradox cycle that feeds itself to exist cause creates an effect that gives birth to the cause that creates the effect. But somehow the system is so balanced that doesn't collapse (maybe due to that many possibilities in quantum mechanics). So when you asked the question "what was before the big bang" you cannot answer because After the Big Bang is defined as the 1st Quantum Frame of Time forward after the White Hole, before the Big Bang it's the Black Hole which is the Last Quantum Frame of Time possible which should happen in "the future" very close to the limit that separates the Beginning from the End.

The End of Time is the other end, where there is a lower potential compared to the Beginning of Time, and the current is The Flow of Time. There is no current between the Beginning and the End even if they are almost in the same coords of space and very close because there is a boundary that isolates both potentials making it infinitely distant. There is Time flow/current when there is something that closes the circuit between the Beginning and the End and that will create the flow of Time. I don't know what could dictate the flow of time which would be something like gravity or maybe the distance of space connecting the Beginning and the End.

Imagine a simple battery, the battery itself has Potential Difference. But its isolated from each other but you know that they are still close to each other and almost in the same spot. When you create a short circuit doesn't mater the length of the conductor, the current will always travel in that direction and on the conductor. Even if they are close to each other, the current will still travel through the conductor since its comparatively closer to the other possible way, which is an infinite distance caused by electrical isolation. But you know that it's isolated because every recurrence of an attempt to travel through the dielectric material it's still not possible, every recurrence happens every single Quantum Frame of Time. If the material stays dialectic through a period of time, in that amount of time the Potential Difference still remains the same. So in every single instance of that time period where there was no current at all and no short circuits. When you actually create a short circuit, this only happens on the next attempt and for that, you need the variable of Time to define the next Quantum Frame for the cause to make the effect. If you freeze on the moment just before the short circuit, the Potential is still isolated, only on the next is when the short circuit occurs and the current flows.

There was nothing "before" the universe because the universe always existed.

Before the Universe, there was nothing. No time, no space, no matter, no energy. Nothing. But this nothing is a [math]material[/math] nothing. Think of Math. Can Math exist without time? Yes. Can Math exist without energy? Yes. Can Math exist without space? Yes. Can Math exist without matter? Yes. So Math is immaterial. That means the existence of Math can preceed the existence of the Universe. And as you know, Physics is but a byproduct of Math. So that's how the Universe came into be. The real question we should be asking is why does Math exist.

math is just a concept humans created

it's like saying art can preceed the existence of the Universe

No. Humans didn't create Math anymore than humans created gravity, electromagnetism or the elements of the periodic table. The only aspects of Math which humans "created" were its symbols and names. Numerals, Greek letters, words like Calculus and Algebra, etc. And the fact that we had to came up with these symbols and name to represent what they mean is further proof that Math is, indeed, immaterial. The mathematical proportions, the laws of Physics that are made essentially of Math, they existed long before any humans. Math isn't a creation of god, Math [math]is[/math] god. And as humans, we should be very glad that this god turned out to be someone very elegant and orderly instead of some humanoid who would punish you for eternity for being born into the wrong religion.

>Math isn't a creation of god, Math isis god.
This statement is just a poetic thing and you don't mean that literally right?

Math is an art. Math as we define it is our observations of the world we live in. The complex patterns derived from numbers exist whether or not we perceive and study them. Much like how musical notes existed before we quantified them. Pythagoras didn't invent the relation between the 12 note pattern he discovered (Pythagoras' scale was based on relative frequencies) and every song that has been created and ever will be was and is a possibility, so in that sense no one every "creates" a song or melody, they more or less discover it.

>Much like how musical notes existed before we quantified them.
those only existed because evolution made our brains pick up on certain frequencies

everything.

We dont really know.

This is probably the closest answer according to current science. Inflation is pretty accepted as part of the Big Bang paradigm and it turns out when you let simplest models of inflation run they tend to generate many universes and the process continues on its own forever. But it is all very speculative.

that's a great way for prominent academics to shut people up, but only brainlets who don't have a scientific bone in their body take this as an answer

this whole fucking thread is so linkedin theoretical physics it hurts

>I can just make shit up about my god without any evidence

The frequencies exist whether or not we experience them, and the relations between them as well. Humans didn't make the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter pi, we just observed it, same with the golden ratio phi, e, and any other mathematical quantity. They exist without our observation of them. Much like how Pythagoras' scale is based on the relation of 12 frequencies defined as perfect fifths, having a ratio of 3:2 to one another. For example a fifth chord, which would be the root note of a scale and the fifth note of that same scale (major and minor scales have the same fifth note), also known as a power chord, exists because those notes' frequencies don't interfere with each others vibrations, and for that reason it sounds good to us, its not a chord just because it sounds good to us. So a fifth chord with an A root would be playing A and E at the same time, however if the A were adjusted up 40 Htz and the E were adjusted to fit that note scheme (its not so simple as adding 40 to both of them) it would still harmonize and sound good.

For more information read here
http__://concordia.com/if-architecture-is-frozen-music-then-music-must-be-liquid-architecture/

I'll rephrase it, the creation force that caused the big bang exists outside of time.

It's kinda silly that you value semantics over undeniable truths. Are you so easily triggered over a capitalized word?

>atheist literally believe this

Literally Nothing

Me and ur mom headin to ur room fuckboi

I can could change God in your argument to twin headed dragon beyond space and time with magical powers. Both explanations are equally valid and both are equally useless.

Not exactly on topic but... What kind of cosmology would this be described by?
youtube.com/watch?v=kbLqJBcsz_s&t=260

Which god?
Why that god and not one of the thousands of others?
Evidence for your favourite god?

Or to one of the thousands of other gods that he does not believe in. It speaks volumes about the intellectual capacity of religiotards that they cannot see this.

It should be noted before the inevitable flame war that I do not believe in any god.
>deist's have cotton in their ears
But seriously anyone who isn't at least agnostic is just plain stupid

You're assuming that anyone who believes in god follows a written doctrine, which is retarded (both the thought process and the practice). It sounds like you get all your philosophic knowledge from Christopher Hitchens.

Hes correct you know.

The amazing thing is, we can't even imagine what happened before the big bang. Like seriously, Our brains cannot even think of a theory that makes sense on it.

ur mom

How could any event take place without time? If there were no time pre-BB, then there was no way for the mechanisms that started the Big Bang to unfold.

Your question assumes the existence of "the big bang".

What do you guess happened before somebody else's guess?

It's just extrapolation on top of extrapolation.

We can't even accurately predict the weather beyond a few days.

Guys, the answer is Math. Math is immaterial. It does not require spacetime to exist. It was the existence of Math that allowed the Universe to exist. Math is immaterial and Math is also Physics.

You could think of Euler's identity. The 1 is our Universe. e^(pi*i) is Math. 0 is nothing. So for nothing to exist with Math, there must be an Universe.

The universe has existed for an infinite amount of time and will continue to do so.

kek no it hasn't, nice psuedo-science

>then there was no way for the mechanisms that started the Big Bang to unfold.
There are no mechanics that started the big bang

>You're assuming that anyone who believes in god follows a written doctrine, which is retarded (both the thought process and the practice).

You're assuming that you know what I believe. Every god ever fabricated, with or without a written doctrine, comes with zero supporting evidence. Every god. Zero. This is why I dismiss every theist as a tard.

shutup you stupid faggot

false vaccuum maybe

I heard something about how our universe is just another universe in a parallel dimension compacted right next to each other, (kind like loaf of bread next to each other) the universes moves close to each other but nothing ever happens until they do touch causing a wave of energy to disperse out into the both universes and causing shit to happen, but that's basically a theory

A bunch of Huxley's standing around making it up?

I read of a wondrous land of unicorns and dwarves one time as well.

Th-That's not how this works...

That was my point though. We disagree on the word. Call it the creation force that caused the big bang we're in agreement. Mention to you that is literally monotheism and that force is God, then your tiny emotionally charged hormonally imbalanced juvenile brain shuts down all rational thinking. It's fascinating really.

Monotheism arguments dont have these problems, try to stick to something useful to debate, we know all the arguments that r/atheism taught you are simplistic and require you to attack specific dogma. So pretend like you have something to add at least.
This was the atheists position for centuries until 1960. They believed any notion of "creation" was a religious idea. Then of course science proved Genesis 1 and they got btfo.

This means my dream of 2D waifus can be real and I can be finally happy in my life.

USODA!

But you are not getting anywhere in terms of furthering knowledge of the universe. You have no evidence for your creation force, you even place it beyond the reaches of all human inquiry. Your explanation is as useful as no explanation.

I've been saying this for years, god wouldn't be god if he has to follow the rules of his creations. He created time, but he doesn't have to be effected by it.

when you say furthering knowledge you pretend like every cosmologist has even a shred of evidense for their BS theory that you imply "furthers knowledge". Yet you cant begin to describe the fundamental creation force pre-Big bang.

Yahweh

but we live in atleast a 4D universe.
the picture seems to neglect this.

I never once implied that I knew what you believed. Stop trying to be so edgy and actually consider this like an adult. That also is a nearly direct quote from Christopher Hitchens.

It's a meaningless question. Cover one of your eyes with your hand, but keep both eyes open. Tell me what you see in the covered eye, and that is the answer.

My hand came before the universe?

Science does the same thing though. The laws of physics break down as you approach t-0 and every physicist I've inquires says science itself becomes unusable to describe or predict anything at t-0 or "before"

God IS existence.

>before
Can't have a before if there is no time.

oh really?

this is a really shallow, genuinely amateur view on the subject that takes certain common words used to describe the big bang in pop-science and interprets them as word of God, leading to a very flawed outlook and nearly religious answer.