Are women less intelligent than men?

are women less intelligent than men?

what does unbiased scientific research say?

Other urls found in this thread:

nuttyputtycave.com/JJFamilyLetter.html
youtube.com/watch?v=tiHmg6byvZQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Similar mean

less variability

Their men is actually slightly higher. If you have to pick one person to help with something complex, and all you know is the sex of the person, you're better off picking the woman.

Yes.

There's a bit more research that points out for no discernible change in the mean.

Isn't this from that cave creepypasta ?

I dont know

Average is roughly the same, but the variance for men is higher for women, so in the high IQ range (as well as in the low IQ range) they outnumber women.

Oh! man! Being Stuck in a Deep Narrow Cave is Scary/Creepy as Hell.

Yes. That one is a photoshop of a head on a pillow stuffed into the hole.

What a fun hobby.

Caving is fun.

I love small spaces but jesus christ how horrifying

Caving is fine but I can't even imagine how demented you'd have to be to be the first man to explore a cave complex, crawling into a tiny crack not knowing if it even has an "other side", not knowing if you'll be able to get back out.

i would rather die, im a huge pussy

It's not nearly as horrifying as you'd think, for one you know that other people have gone thru it without problems, and there is something magical about the TOTAL darkness and stillness you experience deep underground.

i'll add it to my list of things i have to do to become less of a pussy

Most caves don't even require any squirming thru narrow passages. You should see if there's a spelunking group near you and go along on an easy trip, you might find you absolutely love it and as I say, it's much, MUCH safer than you might imagine.

"Average" is fairly meaningless for something as broad as intelligence. Men and women have different strengths when it comes to thinking, taking an aggregate mean tells you very little, you really have to break it down along more specific lines to see the differences. For example, women tend to be better at calculation, but worse at problem solving. So two people might have the "same" IQ, but even then the women is more likely to win a game of "calculate this sum in your head", while the man is more likely to win a game of "solve this logic puzzle".

ok thx

Every single person in this picture is dead

Whyyyyyyyyyyyy

I have one word for you : society.

if they cared less about looks they would probably be close to men's intelligence

>He never got out
>They just filled the cave with cement and called it a day.
10/10 times if I'm stuck in some insane spot and the options are die or shatter my legs somebody better have a wheelchair waiting on me.

That women are inferior but have these wonderful things called wombs so we have to keep them around and stuff

Yes but slightly.

by about 2 IQs points on average
More importantly the IQ of women are more tightly clustered around the mean,
were as men have a wider distribution

This thing got me horrified, I had to close the video.

Is this normal?

I know a couple of those people and have squeezed through similar tight spots.

My favorite was bobbing up and down between air pockets in a wet cave where the ceiling was shaped like an upside down egg carton.

Filled with cement? Sauce?

Ah, Ted the caver. An /x/, /out/ classic

I've been trapped in a cave for before, thought I was going to die, and looking at these pictures is freaking me out—breathing heavy and chest feels weird. Do I have ptsd or am I just a pansy?

>yfw its true
>On November 24, 2009, John Edward Jones died after becoming trapped in the cave for 28 hours.[4] Rescuers concluded that it would be too dangerous to attempt to retrieve his body; the landowner and Jones' family came to an agreement that the cave should be permanently closed with the body sealed inside.[4] A film about the tragedy called The Last Descent was released on September 16, 2016.

This is legitimately upsetting. Also
>tragedy

>Our beloved husband, father, son, brother, and friend John Edward Jones was pronounced dead at 11:57PM last night at the Nutty Putty Cave in Utah County. He was twenty-six years old.
nuttyputtycave.com/JJFamilyLetter.html

>John’s last twenty-four some hours were spent trapped in a dark, tight crevice deep within the Nutty Putty Cave. John loves the outdoors and, along with his brothers, had a strong sense of adventure. And he had explored many caves and maneuvered his way through many tight spaces before. But this time was different. John unexpectedly found himself head-first, upside down, up against a dead-end, completely immobilized, unable to get himself out. We know he fought with all he had to persevere and not lose hope across those long twenty-four hours, and many on the search and rescue team noted his remarkable good spirits and resilience until the end.
>ywn spend your last 24 hours of life trapped in a tiny crack, upside down, hundreds of feet underground

Thank you, Jesus!

If his shins were too long to get around the corner, how did he get in there in the first place?

That's disturbing, gives me anxiety just conceptualising the fact that it happened

im never doing this shit, im long as fuuuuck

See

youtube.com/watch?v=tiHmg6byvZQ

Why do I struggle to breath while looking at this.

>women dunk on men the most in the middle east

Legitimately fascinating.

Because it's socially conservative, nobody is distracted by sex
Girls don't think of themselves mainly as objects of desire to men, and it's not what they build their personal identity around

>To determine the differences between these two groups, I'm going to look only at extreme examples from both groups

That's assuming they even have a chance on average to build on their personal identities. Education is probably a form of reprieve for them.

yes and no, for women they tend to be far more average in intelligence and also take less risks then men, for men intelligence is varied, meaning more dumb asses are men but more geniuses are men, they also take far more risks.

oh my god
i never thought a video could make me feel uncomfortable