What book made you realize you loved literature Veeky Forums?

What book made you realize you loved literature Veeky Forums?

my diary desu

In Search of Lost Time. That book is true patrician.

>war and peace
>Using That Pic of Napoleon
Why

Don Quixote, it was the first book I read just because I wanted. I hated reading during all of HS because it was forced and I was a piece of shit. After reading Don Quixote and loving it I started lurking this place to check for other interesting fiction books, only to realize I was a huge pleb, brainlet, degenerate and a pseud.
I will start learning math from the basics in march. Thanks for making me a better person, Veeky Forums.

Moby Dick.

The very hungry caterpillar

How are you learning maths? Something I should also do.

harry potter, prisoner of azkaban

I'm also starting to learn maths, i asked sci and they said Serge Lang's book basic maths is the best for this, gonna start with it see how it goes

I have a personal teacher, Mr.P. He likes reading too, we take little breaks to talk about whatever we are reading and crack some jokes.

Crime and Punishment. Maybe also some novellas.

Does Mr. P ever grab your thigh?

No, but sometimes he puts bananas inside my butt.

Thanks.
Reckon there are any websites for maths, similar to Duolingo, etc?

that's a damn book to get into at first imo, what age were you when you first read it?

1984 probably.

heard khan academy is good but i hate sitting around watching videos so i didn't really use it

Sure they could use the one of him on a donkey but it takes away from the epic that is the book. I think it gives it a grand look to it. Napoleon was a rare figure, as rare and so great as the book cover it's on.

Why? Because of all the confusing russian names?

because of the subjects it touches, it's not an easy read

A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man

I only started getting serious when I was around 23 and had found Veeky Forums. I couldn't believe how good C&P was, with it's religious discussions etc. "Do you believe Lazarus rose from the dead?" Moments like those just made me have such a feeling that I wanted more. Maybe because I was raised in such a religious family.

I've been a huge Dostoyevsky fan ever since, having now read most of his bibliography.

When I was in high school I read everything Vonnegut ever wrote, most of it twice. I loved the way he used writing to do things impossible in any other medium.
I acknowledge that Vonnegut isn't amazing compared to a lot of the other names on Veeky Forums but I'll always enjoy his books just out of nostalgia now.

>tfw my first dosto was BK at 18
I really loved it but I think I should reread it because I was too retarded (thanks to being young and not treating my fucked up brain) back then.

Is that guy the gringo Cortazar?

harry potter 1

I've never read Cortazar. Should I?

Yeah but drawing attention to how great he is defeats the purpose of the book

A Streetcar Named Desire.

Franz Kafka

Reading him allowed me to see things that couldn't exist anywhere, save for the chasm between words and the mind's eye. Impossible positions. Losing a sense of reality. Taking things both literally, figuratively, and then at the same time. Forcing yourself to read it again and getting a different understanding.

Reading "Description of a Struggle" made me feel barking mad. "Poseidon" made me view the absurd ubiquity of bureaucracy. Everything he wrote felt... I don't know, human? Like I was reading not his words but his mind. It was something I never experienced before.

I'm re-reading pic related.

same here, plus pic related.

For me it's Eragon, the best fantasy novel

I read C&P at 18 last summer

xD war and peace was only written as a propaganda piece
Napoleon is viewed as a monumental figure by the characters in the book, even if Tolstoy himself doesn't like the man. Their worship of Napoleon makes the cover legitimate, imo

The Allegory of the Cave

Reading A Tale of Two Cities in highschool, plus shakespeare. I loved my english classes, but my mom forced me into STEM. Now I hate my life