The absolute worst of GoodReads

Post the most cringeworthy goodreads reviews you have seen here, or book reviews from other sites like amazon.

>pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/book/show/5470.1984
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hmmh.

Holy cow how can a single person be this stupid ?

found a good one op
>Post the most cringeworthy goodreads reviews you have seen here, or book reviews from other sites like amazon.

man this guys a real tight assed faggot

This lady's got some real bangers.

>pompous old man propped up by other pompous old men

That's a rather apt description of Paul Auster, most boring writer on the planet

>doesn't get the point of a book taught in secondary schools
Are you fucking joking?

>already setting your conception of a book when you're only twenty pages in
>ur a wite man
Wow

she is a big woman

4 u

>book about white men

ew ew no thnx.

brace yourself white guys, death is coming ;^)

Try to refute this.
Protip: you can't

She's not wrong.

Of course she's not, fella! :^)

It should be "huge" nor "enormous" tracts of lands.

carli claire tier

>Percieved as white

lol'd

I kept saying to myself "well, maybe she really loves reading and had already read Poe, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt."
silly me

the dates don't make any sense

The moment someone starts bitching about "white men" or "straight white men" or "cis straight white men" they loose all intellectual credibility in my eyes. This is from someone who sits around reading queer nigger marxist theory all day. It's like these people unironically think that racism, sexism, etc. would immediately cease to exist if this single group (straight white men) was exterminated. You will never, in a million years, hear this type of person talk about misogyny among black men, or racism among white women. Everything is "muh straight white men". It's exactly the type of binary thinking that critical theorie(s) are trying to transcend in the first place.

>Look up masterpiece that brings up even slightly controversial topics/themes
>Every 1 star review is from women or numales

Let alone the fact that the average white man is as much a pawn in the system as everyone else.

This is the first time I've noticed the "May 2015" - "I'll start next year" thing too
Makes me think this is bait

Kek a woman who actually made me laugh, thats new

This is actually true.

Well, I'm a white man and agree with her description of Paul Auster, only retarded americans can think this is good.

i looked up this book and it's $11

This is exactly what Nabokov thought about Dostoievski.

Veeky Forums btfo

more like best

>look up nietzsche reviews
>all bad reviews are just "he was a misogynist"

has this been posted yet?

my friend owns this exact edition, one of like five books he owns. he writes poetry too

She's a woman.

It's a "she".

What book?

The Legacy Of Totalitarianism In A Tundra

Hes right tuou

Its a book about Veeky Forums, literally.

>she genuinely like that cover

Honest question: when you guys see people like this one, don't you just want to kill yourself?
I know, it's irrational, but as soon as I see people like her (or, since we're on Veeky Forums, when I see booktubers with shelves filled with fantasy trash) the urge of offing myself becomes qlmost unbearable. It's almost like a tic, I cant do anything about it.
Am I the only one?

you're not alone, but you're definitely autistic

What are the qualifications required to get a book on goodreads?

Existing.

There are thousands upon thousands of books on Goodreads with no reviews and no ratings.

it's time for a new masterpiece lit

post her profile

>be a man and go clean out the refrigerator, or wash the curtains, or vacuum under the furniture of go buy buy some tween daughter some sexy underwear

So I'm guessing you didn't read The City of Last Things, and are passing judgement off of 1-2 of his more popular books because it makes you feel intelligent. Christ I hate stupid faggots like you

I HATE BEING WHITE SO MUCH I'M THE WORRRRSSSTTTTT

My blood pressure just went up a lot
No, I am the same way user. I'm too idealistic (and probably too autistic) to share the world with people that I think are poor excuses for life but still are somehow happy in their flippant disregard for dignity. Then again, I don't have any friends, so fuck me I guess

damn now I wish I had saved the picture of the Veeky Forums guy who bought ALL the Penguin hardbacks in one order.

Auster has the misfortune of writing in an era where people think that a man writing about men is justifiable grounds for criticism of his work. Glad to hear that you consider yourself among the ranks of the gender critics, you tasteless cretin

Retroactively conflating Poe with the ilk of Tim fucking Burton by copying the 'lolsocreepy' aesthetic on the cover

Man oh man. Publishers are geniuses, audiences are scum

whitey genocide when?

If he was a black man or a woman or a trans lesbian crippled muslim or whatever it would be just as dull

no i read fantasy

>kill whitey

wtf I thought this was just a /pol/ meme

I love going through and reading reviews for politically incorrect adventure and pulp novels.
Also why so so many girls on that insert .gif's and stupid meme images into book reviews?

/pol/is always right.

>the plot is really exciting
>gives it a 1 star because not poltically correct

The Gender Wars can't come soon enough

Have you been under a rock recently?

And her favorites shelf is filled mostly with trashy teen fantasy.

>Poor worldbuilding
That phrase alone triggers me to peaks previously thought unimaginable.

REEEEEEE

65 comments praising her for her bravery.

>I'm a white man
No one cares, faggot.

Not only is this chick plebeian, but an intellectual coward.

Everyone in Europe was in a Christian worldview at the time, and Kant single-handedly created secularism. It's funny considering that without his philosophy she wouldn't have been able to formulate her argument.

Auster is a genuine hack though, he's like the American Murakami. He had one decent book and a mountain of derivative trash.
>you didn't read the city of last things
>the city of last things
>the city

I chuckled.

I'm speechless.

What the hell is a demi-feminist?

lel

Imagine being stuck in a tutorial with this girl as she goes on and on about her PTSD triggers.

shes just making shit up, she compared Marquez to Veronica Roth

I'm this guy >read
>immediatly start thinking about offing myself while scratching nervously my arm and grinding my teeth

I refuse to believe that she is a real person.

What the fuck is a demi-feminist?

Another social justice buzzword.

Hivemind

>imagine the girl comes out as a lesbian
>It sounds awful when you put it that way, doesn't it?

Nope

Someone's excited.

Is she saying that being gay, like being a vegan, is a lifestyle choice?

>Ugh, how dare they have a novel where the protagonist suffers.
>I can't believe she has to choose between her family and her identity, how unfair.
>This is not at all like those YA fictions I read where everything is roses.

>Also why so so many girls on that insert .gif's and stupid meme images into book reviews?
Because women are retarded.

A lot of fat women have this look on their face when they smile that screams "I'm embarrassed to be alive".

I dont know how she got the gay stuff out of it. The girl turned into a plant, and her mental illness went far beyond veganism, at the end she just wanted to be watered and painted with flowers.

I love how nobody has responded to this one...

I can't fucking stand white men. Death squads when?

It's so obvious she's not serious that you must be autistic not to get that.

Or do you think Don Quixote was written by a black aubergine?

It's worse than that. She's implying that vegans are oppressed, and they suffer the same kind of problems that gays face. Now THAT'S offensive.

>If you like me grew up reading marvelous books like Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Twilight, The Hunger Games
>Those pictures
I wish I didn't know better and could just pretend to myself that this person is being ironic.

>Shelves: no-thank-you, mysoginist, unrealistic, slutshaming, heroisaboypretendingtobeaman, pleasegrowupman, sex-scenes, slut-shaming, unsafe-read, excrutiating, overrated, pedophilia, misogynism, misogynist
I like how she has mysoginist AND misogynist as shelves.

Yes, this meme needs to die.

This piece of shit took a great story about failure and aging and hated it because it didn't immediately support her political philosophy. I haven't been so pissed reading a review in ages.
Thank you user.

goodreads.com/book/show/5470.1984

Sort by newest.

the absolute worst of literature
I'm talking about Veeky Forums and this thread
it does contain some of you, I will say that at least