Author is Mexican

>Author is Mexican.

Dropped.

>OP is a frogposter
Dropped

>le epik beaner magikal realism """novel"""

Valeria Luiselli is mah literary waifu

>Author isn't white

Dropped, iktf. It's like darkies have a way about their writing, you can tell they're a darkie by the way they write without even looking at their name, nobody cares about their culture, just write a good fucking book.

I'm a spic and magical realism really rustles my jimmies
the only good MR novel is Pedro Paramo, everything else is just sentimentalism and denial of the true nature of this cesspool called latin-america

>beaner lit is exclusively MR
Off yourself, faggot.

Your loss faggot, not mine.

Holy fuck. I thought I was the only one.

I can't fucking stand the way minorities write. It's like they have to structure their compositions around bullshit, PC emotional tropes that have been ingrained into our brains ad nauseam since high school. I'm sick of reading about "the struggle." I'm sick of reading vague, anecdotal accounts of the evil "White Man." The same applies to female authors.

Fuck. Why can't they just write a good, evocative story free of obvious PC subliminal undertones?

because you are reading things from white washed "minorities" thats is why, search about authors that weren't faggots that had to leave their countries and you will find better things.

I don't know how any white kid can go through high school without having such a great sense of disdain for minorities. The shit they try to shovel into your brain is ridiculous.

this. fuck all hyphenated "americans"

if you want to read a book about being a chink, go back to china. if you want to read a book about being a beaner, go back to mexico. if you want to read a book about being a spook, move to liberia and write one yourself.

High Quality thread

Why do you read books?

Genuinely curious

What's "magical realism"?

no nigger, the point is if you want to read about china read an author that lived on china and so on
>go back don't read anything that is not about burgers!
that is not how it works

i get your point but mine still stands

i honestly pity these victims of cosmopolitanism. bastardized, no established culture of any sort to latch onto. Whenever they try to talk about their 'roots' all I can think of is Elliot 'descended from British aristocracy' Rodger. They will never truly be at home anywhere. They are destined to be wanderers, and that's the sojourner truth.

Pitiably, we can't let these poor souls ruin education. No native wants to hear about some hyphen's bitching and moaning over their (absence) of identity. Hyphens will never see themselves as anything but the Other, and their literature reflects it. If their own literature helps them become conscious of this, so be it, but don't make the natives read it in school. The Western Canon is there to let us know OUR place in the world, and hyphens either need to read it and try to keep up, or at least quit bitching.

If your identity group doesn;t have an extant corpus of literature, start one, but know that your audience is and shall remain your fellows. Others may regard you with a passing curiosity, but never with earnest personal interest.

Books provide fertile ground for my thoughts to grow.

I reported this thread 2 hours ago. Why is it still up?

fuck this guy

>he reports threads

Hey it's me, your wife's son, shut your mouth.

Also pic related, it's you.

DELETE THIS

she is mine

I forgot the pic desu

name one (1) thing wrong with my post

let me guess you're an '-american'

>Author is Chicano

pretty fucking easy bro

"Veeky Forums is for the discussion of literature, specifically books (fiction & non-fiction), short stories, poetry, creative writing, etc. If you want to discuss history, religion, or the humanities, go to Veeky Forums. If you want to discuss politics, go to /pol/. Philosophical discussion can go on either Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums, but ideally those discussions of philosophy that take place on Veeky Forums should be based around specific philosophical works to which posters can refer."

I'm guessing you should head to /pol/, I don't think Veeky Forums will be interested in your opinions on race either.

>Veeky Forums is for the discussion of literature, specifically books (fiction & non-fiction), short stories, poetry, creative writing, etc.
>OP is about authors of books (fiction & non-fiction), short stories, poetry, creative writing, etc.
almonds were activated this day

by all means, discuss some specific works that we can all refer too. Or just keep shitposting about race until this is all deleted.

please use the word Latinx

He's baiting you, he's probably a darkie, don't respond.

I'm a real actual Mexican and I was forced to read a couple of 'multicultural' chicano YA Kitsch novels back in high school and I can tell you they honestly do suck, sorry my man

>>>/TheHouseonMangoStreet/

this has always cracked me up

thanks bros