Modafanil

Anyone here tried modafanil while studying math in college? Did it advance your studies significantly?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/books/first/h/hoffman-man.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no but ive used phenmetrazine and cathinone and caffeine and nicotine and they all helped, from most to least. i bet it will help more than caffeine and less than cathinone. maybe close or comparable since high dose cathinone can just make you all loopy psycho and you get distracted doing weird shit or jerking off for 9 hours. i dont think modafinil causes that.
just dont make a habit of it stims wreak havok on your mind and body. you'll have so many conditions you wont be able to pronounce from heavy abuse.

i took it quite a lot in my 2nd and 3rd year. Really useful if you've got a big deadline and you desperately need more time on it.

I wouldn't really say it advanced my studies though, just allowed me to have a social life while bashing out my lab reports at 4am.

You don't really gain time from taking it, you just redistribute it

Using this shit is literally admitting you're a brainlet get the fuck out of Veeky Forums

ìt's not like it's fucking nzt it just makes you not need to sleep for a bit - until you crash out after like 36 hours

The rage of a brainlet.

Anyway, I remember reading about a mathematician who took speed everyday, and I've done my best writing on Ritalin; I wanted to experience that intense focus with math and without the shitty side effects of typical stims. Basically I want to study all day on my days off class with minimal distractions.
My mom isn't too keen on it though, and I live at home so it would take some convincing.

Yes.
No.
It's like any other stimulant, regardless of what people with no stimulant experience will tell you.

I think anything that reduces your appetite is bad for your brain.

spoken like a true burger

Got me from a D grade student to an A grade when I used it, before my mother caught me.
Went back to a D grade student. kek.

Modafinil is very different than ritalin. Dont expect a ritalin-like-focus. In fact, don't expect anything except lack of need for sleep.

Paul Erdos, probably. Worked 19 hour days

What dosage of amphetamines did Paul Erdos take everyday? How did he deal with the side effects and the tolerance build up?

Used a couple tabs during exam time last term. Shit was pretty cash, didn't give as much a buzz as ritalin. If I sit down with a particular subject or topic I could spend 3-4 hrs on it easy without a break. If im on a break or smoking though, it makes me slightly uneasy and unsociable and slightly hyper.

Tldr kinda like ritalin but milder and more bang for your buck, dont take it after 12pm if you want to be productive and get to bed in a reasonable hour too. If you take it then you are pretty mich sorted for academic work in the next 10ish hours

I take this shit near constantly but I'm not a student, I work as a software developer/consultant.

Some side effects:
Dehydration - Seriously you're going to need to drink a lot of water and expect to piss a lot. Your piss will be dark yellow if not
Sulfuric Smell of Bodily Fluids - This happens in the beginning when your body gets used to it. Your piss and shit will smell sulfuric and awful
Anti Social - I'm pretty irritable when I'm on this. If I know I'm going out later in the day I make sure I don't take it.
Sleeplessness - It has a long half life, so make sure you take it very early in the morning. Even still I supplement sleeping pills at night to make sure I can sleep
Appetite Suppression - I've heard it suppresses appetite but I've not really experienced it myself.

It gives you a tunnel like vision to focus on one thing for extended periods of time. Just make sure you don't take it and then choose something different to spend your time with. Sometimes I won't go to work right away and I'll start daydreaming and I can daydream 2 hours without noticing.

I haven't noticed any long term effects but I've only been taking it for maybe 2 years now with about 3 days on 4 days off.

I have used every drug under the sun so I feel like I am qualified to make the statement that Modafinil is a complete reddit-tier meme and all the reviews, hype, testimonials, etc... are comprised of vendors trying to sell the shit and retards that watched Limitless and use the power of placebo and their own impressionability to produce fake results. It's an alertness/wakefulness drug. It's most effective on people that suffer from fatigue due to sleep deprivation caused by either a general lack of sleep or a disorder like sleep apnea/narcolepsy/insomnia/etc....

If you are not a sleep deprived individual, it will not do much for you and countless clinical studies have all arrived at the same conclusion. This also coincides with my personal experience. It makes you feel a bit speedy but things like focus or motivation are in no way impacted in the same way as say something like Dextroamphetamine or Methylphenidate. Modafinil is a complete crock of shit as far as I am concerned and anyone shilling it should just be disregarded as a complete retard. Unless you're sleep deprived, in which case it will help.

Never tried Adrafinil though, so I can't comment on that.

I take 200mg daily. I find modafanil is strongest when you haven't taken it for awhile. If you take it every day it's less potent.

It works okay and it's nicer than the amphetamine based stuff like adderal because it doesn't make you feel like you have a fever all the time though. It's not a miracle cure however. If you procrastinate and put off your assignments modafanil will only make you a better procrastinator and you will just get more drawn into doing stuff you shouldn't be doing instead of homework and studying.

If however you do have the self-control the force yourself to study when you need to modafanil can really help you push through long sessions.

Veeky Forums you fuckin druggo

Erdös used to take 10 to 20mg of Benzedrine or Ritalin (Some other sources also say he used Amphetamine at times) to work and study, he alternated between them and probably mixed at times

nytimes.com/books/first/h/hoffman-man.html

Same qualifications. Only tried adrafinil, I figured they're very similar.

Does make you more focused. Lets you tune things out better. It's subtle unlike adderall

r-modafinil works better as a study drug since only the R-enantiomer acts as a DRI. wakefulness isn't useful if you still have no motivation.

Credible. He certainly looks the part.

When I take it it just removes the sense that time is passing from me: I can work for 8 hours and not realise any time has passed except I need to piss real bad. This can be a downside too: if I get distracted I don't feel any time passing and I can browse Veeky Forums until I get too thirsty and glance at a clock

modafinil makes me forget basic vocabulary. It's always "how do you say..." and "what is the word for..."

oh god he looks so freaking high in that pic

heard this drug and maye some other nootropics have the potential to cause some serious shit when you get older.

all those days where you spent not sleeping
gonna catch up to you
probably in the form of alzheimers or early onset dementia.

its no substitute for honest study, pushing drugs is n't what this board is for

>Anyone here tried modafanil while studying math in college? Did it advance your studies significantly?
I wrote and published the best novel paper I ever wrote on modafinil.

woodayatalkinabewt

>feel like you have a fever all the time
I'm not sure what mean by this, but modafinil makes my head uncomfortably warm, just like ritalin and adderall do.

modafanil gives me nothing but raging boners

Since there's no way I can get my hands on this stuff, should I go for adrafanil? The online buying options are all a little suspect.

is there anything besides adderall that would help?

I drink a tonne of green tea for caffeine and theanine.
Noopept during study sessions.
Sulbutiamine during tests and presentations.
Only started with this shit this semester so I don't really know it's effect yet.

More important though it learning how to properly study.
My grades went from approx 55% to approx 95% when I started using the correct techniques.
>Something similar to Feynman technique for figuring out what I don't understand.
>Spaced repetition
>Doing problem sets.
That last one may sound really obvious, but I would do problem sets and then look to answers or similar examples the instant I struggled instead of thinking about it.
This semester I am also adding retrieval practice to my studying, as a first step. Hopefully I see improvement. But it will be impossible to tell if it came from the drugs or the retrieval practice.

That gets metabolised to the same thing so go ahead.

not everyone cares about how smart they are

I've used it because i was very ill for years of my uni degree and caffeine made me worse so i needed something to push me.

It barely does anything, you won't even feel a buzz. What it does do is pause your circadian rhythm so that later in the day still feels like the afternoon or morning. It also makes you go to the toilet repeatedly.

>It barely does anything, you won't even feel a buzz
I feel a buzz
>It also makes you go to the toilet repeatedly.
nope

I guess everyone's different...

Do you listen to music while studying or complete silence