Children's books

My 2 years old niece loves pic rel, but Wind in Willow is too difficult. What should i buy her?

ur niece is a fucking pleb
Start with the greeks

Arnold Lobel

Owl at Home by the late Arnold Lobel recounts the adventures of Owl in five gentle chapters. In the first, he invites Winter in to get warm by the fire, only to find out just how rude Winter can be. The second chapter concerns "strange bumps" at the foot of Owl's bed that disappear mysteriously when he looks under the covers. In the third chapter, Owl concocts tearwater tea by thinking of sad things and collecting the tears in a kettle, while in the fourth, he tries to be upstairs and downstairs at the same time. In the final chapter, Owl must discourage the moon from following him home, as sad as it is to part from a friend.

where do I start with children's books?

GOODNIGHT MOON

OH THE PLACES YOULL GO

FERDINAND THE BULL

THE POLAR EXPRESS

how is image:text ratio?

nayrt but here's a sample from oh the places you'll go. good night moon i also comfy and similar in text to image ratio. i've read both to kids while babysitting and it's usually a positive response.

i recommend you check out some parenting forums as they have a much better sense of titles to recommend per reading level.

Short paragraph of text on one page, large illustration on the other. They're recommended books for learning to read.

>kid is 2
>learning to read

ishiggy

Just read it to her, are you retarded?

Can't really help you with this OP. However, when your niece gets a little older, like 4 perhaps, read her Smith of Wooton Major and Farmer Giles of Ham. I've heard Roverrandum is a great child's book too, but I've never read it.

My 6 year old daughter loved these best

For a two year old, madeleine, babar, Beatrix Potter, stuff like that

Great Illustrated Classics was my shit when I was a lil boy

The Owl and the Pussy Cat

I read most of them, and have bought about 15-20 for my children. The quality varies a great deal as I reread them.

winnie the fucking pooh of course

aesops fabels. Get her to start with the greeks.

this one is pretty basic.

there's always these guys.

We already covered Lobel, faggot.

that one with the little kid in the bathroom.

damn that shit is deep as hell

LOVE YOU FOREVER