Anybody ever use any of these soda makers? I feel like the possibilities would be endless...

Anybody ever use any of these soda makers? I feel like the possibilities would be endless, the power to turn anything into soda? Bubbly mouth feel automatically? I would carbonate lemonade, iced tea, etc, re create the classic recipe formulas for original Coke, etc etc

Other urls found in this thread:

abc.net.au/news/2017-06-22/exploding-cream-dispenser-kills-french-fitness-blogger/8642860
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3vcZ6dLXrtw
sodastreamusa.com/where-to-buy.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=9ahTAZ0MNM4
co2doctor.com/
thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/427/original-recipe/recipe
wiki.c2.com/?OpenCola
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I got one. They're reasonably priced for all the syrups and o2 containers. It's no red bull or coke, but it's cheaper imo.

drinking soda is cucked as fuck to be honest with you.

true redpilled alphas like myself only drink single malt whiskey and water.

I've never used that brand. I don't see the point--expensive as fuck proprietary refills are pretty stupid. Pic related has been around for decades if not a century and uses cheap easily found refills.

But yeah, with either one you could carbonate anything. And this will really blow your mind: If you get the kind with the larger diameter top, usually intended for making whipped desserts, then you can carbonate fruit or other foods inside.

>I would carbonate lemonade, iced tea, etc
You can do this without a soda maker. Just take lemon juice or very strong tea, mix with some simple syrup and top with soda water.

You ever try to invent your own cola or soda??

yeah I got one when kmart had them on sale for $20 last year.

it's a good deal if you hack it to work with CO2 from paintball tanks instead of paying out the ass for the sodastream carbon bottles.

I never drink cola so I haven't tried that, but I have made fruit based sodas before.

I make cheap energy drinks by mixing pic related with home carbonated water

get one that uses refillable co2 containers

WAIT is that what squidward used in that episode of spongebob because I never knew what that was until now

I have no idea, I've never watched a single second of spongebob. But it sure looks like the same thing that's in your pic.

abc.net.au/news/2017-06-22/exploding-cream-dispenser-kills-french-fitness-blogger/8642860

>I've never watched a single second of spongebob

What, you think you're better than me

These things are the best. Monster / redbull can suck my dick with all that sugar.

>What, you think you're better than me

No, I watch all kinds of silly shit too. My point was that since I have never seen spongebob the only information I have to go on when attempting to answer your question is the pic you posted.

Soda streams apparently big in places that you have high import prices, like the Caribbean, where your wal-mart doesn't exist for the $1 liter of soda sales. These are like the adult easy bake oven novelty.

I can see some mixologist kind of fun, in your own home, that ability to carbonate your key-lime papaya or mango puree from the backyard into some kind of cocktail, I guess. Or maybe you want to duplicate the old soda shoppe pharmacy days of the 50s Brooklyn with an egg cream.

I am just find with buying my 12 packs of La Croix in various flavors to spike up my Tazo sangria tea or matcha green tea or fresh juice. I make my own Orangina since it's such a nightmare in price. Cold seltzer + cold juice.

Just go ahead and toss your money into the nearest trash can instead

how this thing precisely work?
can I use homemade syrup for made my own flavoured soda?

Dude, you should give it a try

>I can see some mixologist kind of fun, in your own home, that ability to carbonate your key-lime papaya or mango puree from the backyard into some kind of cocktail, I guess

Sure, but the question that user raised above still stands. Why buy a sodastream for that when you could use a standard siphon instead? What justifies the added cost and hassles of the proprietary refills? I'm guessing simple ignorance.

It takes a liter of water and injects carbonation. Where you take it from there is up to you, from just chilling it down to adding syrup. They sell syrups though.

>Sure, but the question that user raised above still stands. Why buy a sodastream for that when you could use a standard siphon instead? What justifies the added cost and hassles of the proprietary refills? I'm guessing simple ignorance.
It has to do with the difference of passing water through the siphon, water only, to injecting carbonation into any liquid at any pressure or level you desire. There's also a speed and cost difference.

A soda siphon is tradiionally used to make carbonated water (selzter water or soda water or whatever you want to call it), but you can carbonate anything in it. You aren't limited to just water.

You can easily adjust the pressure in a soda siphon. If you want less pressure then start with it partially full, or unscrew the CO2 cartridge partway through carbonation. If you want more pressure you can use more cartridges.

>>There's also a speed and cost difference.
That was my point. The soda siphon is much cheaper to operate because it's CO2 cartridges are not proprietary. And it can do everything the soda stream does.

I'm sure this is simple ignorance. People have seen flashy ads for the soda stream but aren't familiar with the alternative which has been around for so many years that it's largely forgotten. Or, as in your case, they assume a soda siphon is for water only and don't realize you can put anything in it.

How dare you masquerade as me user. I hope jack haunts your dreams tonight.

Fancy soda bottle OP, it's from one of the first episodes (arguably the better ones) but I can't believe it's a real item. I learned something new today.

worcestershire sauce and ranch soda

okay, but when is the time I need to add the syrup?
right before the carbonation process or this machine have a system for inject the syrup during the carbonation?
AFAIK the baubles of soda water (seltz) from syphon are more larger and less resilient than bottled ones. In other words the baubles from the bottled soda last longer, this is not a thing if you have to serve a drink into a small tumbler or an old fashioned. On the other hand using syphon for drink served into a glasses like the collins left the customer with that plain watery sensation after a very little amount of time.

>right before the carbonation process

That. You mix your syrup and water together. Pour it into the container. Then inject the CO2.

That's why you don't get the cheap plastic ones from China.

CO2 cartridges aren't common here, so idk if it's that more expensive. Plus many small cartridges sound more expensive than a large refundable one. The ones for Chantilly cream are more common, but that's not the same gas.

I think it's after, they say it's only for pure water. (It may be to avoid retards trying with liquids that can't be carbonated and the machine fucking up due to pressure.)

>I've never watched a single second of spongebob.
spotted the guy I'll never be talking to again

are you the same guy that made this thread? or are you the phony all along

okay, thanks

>>CO2 cartridges aren't common here
I guess which is cheaper depends on what you can get locally. I did the math and in my area the Sodastream refills cost about 3x the price of using the small cartridges (for the same amount of soda). Obviously you would need several of the smaller cartridges to equal one sodastream refill, but the smaller ones are much much cheaper in the long run. Of course YMMV depending on location.

It would be counterproductive to add the syrup after carbonation. You would lose carbonation when the syrup was mixed into the water.

Also, every siphon or carbonation device that I've ever seen or used contains an overpressure relief valve that will vent excess pressure.

>>The ones for Chantilly cream are more common, but that's not the same gas.
Yep. But, the cartridges are the same size. And that means you can take a whipped cream dispenser like pic related, but put CO2 cartridges in it instead. That lets you carbonate fruit, or just about anything else you can fit inside.

>chantilly with syphon

>Put cream and whateverberry syrup in bottle
>Add N2O
>Girls are all over you

Watch Jack's review on this item
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3vcZ6dLXrtw
Think twice before buying it, he does not recommend it

>he does not recommend it
I don't take recommendations from mentally deficient people.
Also, the problem is the water, not the sodastream.

It's not as bubbly as fountain soda or canned soda, so take note that it will be more like champagne or sparkling water in terms of consistency. The flavors are pretty subpar too.

This is what happens when retards don't read the instruction manual.

If you do the carbonation at room temperature, then yeah, it's pretty weak. But if the water/soda is COLD then you can dissolve a lot more CO2 into it. If you aren't careful it can end up being unpleasantly carbonated (too strong).

Highly dependent on the quality & taste of your tap water.

I used one for years but then i had to move and now the local tap-water here has a weird taste. Back to PET bottles now.

Don't add the syrup before carbonizing unless you want all following bottles to taste like that syrup.

Woah my dude you just might be the manliest dude I've ever seen on the net

> mentally deficient
I wouldn't call him mentally deficient, he's produced so many YouTube videos, managed to set up a seasoning business, even managed to born and raise a child

Where can I get one of those and CO2 cartridges?

sodastreamusa.com/where-to-buy.aspx

It's called a soda siphon. Where I live you can get them anywhere that sells kitchen supplies, as well as most better liquor stores. Of course you could also mail-order one.

The CO2 cartridges can be had at supermarkets, liquor stores, places that sell kitchen stuff, or mail-order.

Do knockoff exist that don't tend to explode?

He's using water with a higher than average carbon rate, this makes the water release with force when the handle is pulled.

Let's get real here:

Imagine you're a qt and some ugly fuck invites you over. For whatever reason you agree and be like "oh well free drink" and he offers you some overcarbonated homemade soda shit instead of a plain ol' coke.

That's right.

oxygen containers? what in the world?

yes, i have one and they can be fun. haven't used mine in ages though, kinda got bored with it. might start using it at some point again

I keep some glass bottles for guests

It's obviously a typo. The canisters for that are CO2.

But you can get tiny oxygen canisters too; they are used for miniature torches. Radio Shack used to sell one years ago that took cartridges nearly identical to those for a standard soda siphon, but they did have a slightly different shape neck so you couldn't accidentally use one in a different device.

So when exactly did humans discover that drinks are better when carbonated?

Does anyone know if you could put liquor through it? Would it gum it up or something? I've always wanted to sip on a bottle of carbonated whiskey.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>carbonated cum

When they found a naturally carbonated spring.

How do you acquire a litre of cum without it getting bad?

They're $15 and they last months.

Go to /pol/ and hold out a container.

My sister once bought one of these but instead of CO2 cartidges she mistakenly bought N2O. The cartridge fit perfectly though so i ended up huffing it and getting REALLY high.

If you are a real poorfag you can just use an old soda bottle and dry ice to carbonate stuff.

Careful though, you can pretty easily end up making a small bomb.

No, instead of getting one of those pussy sodastreams I got a can of CO2 and a regulator.

(Not even joking)

You can mod a sodastream to use CO2 tanks.
youtube.com/watch?v=9ahTAZ0MNM4
co2doctor.com/

>I would ...re create the classic recipe formulas for original Coke, etc etc
Get started, faggot.
thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/427/original-recipe/recipe
wiki.c2.com/?OpenCola

The CO2 refills are $15 and are good for 60 liters... 50 cents to make two liters of carbonated water. At that price point it's easier to get a 2 liter bottle of generic soda or carbonated water at Walmart.