Is this guy legit?

Is this guy legit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IAbFlWQnlD4
youtube.com/watch?v=0nL9p8Wd8AI
youtu.be/tXS0RdlqhTo
youtu.be/fETZCWvzkWM
telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/4903118/Gordon-Ramsay-admits-claims-about-his-Rangers-career-may-be-inaccurate.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Is this guy legit?
He's a legit brain damaged shaky handed addict of below average vocabulary and intelligence, who married into money, marketing and production.
I'd bet money on bipolar too, since he claims no addiction (right), he's certainly got tremors.

2 legit 2 quit
Tbqh

>afraid of cold pans
>hops around like a queer little leprechaun when cooking
I don't think so pal

>Runs empire of restaurants that has racked up several Michelin stars
>Been the driving force behind several hit TV shows
>He's written like 20 books
I'd call that legit.

how could he be so famous if he wasn't legit? moron

Is he the best chef in the world? Probably not. Is he better than all the people who have ever posted on, visited, heard of or are vaguely aware of Veeky Forums combined? Absolutely.

tard detected.

He's super legitimate, but now that he's famous, he's probably shit, as everyone that gets rich and famous.

wat

t.donkey

>he's probably shit, as everyone that gets rich and famous.
I don't think getting famous makes people go to shit, but it does make many lose their edge. But he's managed to keep is drive in spite of being a success by just about any metric. That's kind of impressive.

Shrek pls

He's been teaching me how to cook via Youtube, and it tastes good... so yes in my book.

>dry-ass pasta with sauce just dumped on it
Nah I don't think Ramsay would approve of that m8

youtu.be/IAbFlWQnlD4
It was drier than my taste as well, but compare it to this

He certainly is angry about food

He's not a chef anymore. When was the last time he worked in a kitchen? I mean worked worked not for a night or two for a special event or TV taping.

He royally sucks at baking. It's just comical how bad he is.

Otherwise I don't know.

t. baker

reddit worship him.

they call him "chef ramsay" unironically

That's all I need to know.

>hes' trying to help peeple

neck yourself. it makes good television.

I've never been susceptible to dominant personalities. liking ramsay is some kind of Stockholm syndrome

[spoiler] sometimes when I see him get really mad about food I don't get it because I would have probably just eaten it and moved on to the rest of my life

i cannot into spoilers

Aside from the guy himself, is his cooking legit ?

DONKEY

Why does he make the pan hot?

I just throw the food in and then the heater can do the hot

I hope you enjoyed spending 3 hours on your serving of food

next time just visit the carinos

imagine having such a passion for something that seeing it done badly upset you

gordon is a cocksucker and an asshole but I learned a good deal from him. However, I've now moved on to learning much more, and Gordon will do things like put showmanship over substance, like the video where he shows how to use a sharpening steel and uses it completely wrong.

>I learned a good deal from him.
I hope you didn't learn to dump a 1/4 cup of "worster sauce" with 15 shakes of shaky hands into everything. That's a Gordon thing.

that sfunny because i have to have watched like100 hours of gordn related shit and ive never seen him od with anything with worcestershire, which i already love

it only goes in like 2 things though, tuna (secret)

>pasta is undercooked
>sauce looks like vomit from a sick baby
>fried chicken tastes like rubber and smells like a shoe
>bland, lacks salt
>is this fresh? it tastes like it's been frozen
>spices used at random, no understanding of cooking basics
>spinach is smothered in butter, looks dreadful
>just awful
>wouldn't serve this to a dog
>damn
>where's the bathroom?

Very few executive chefs end up working the line all that much.

I think he can't actually pronounce the full word, but no, I've seen him drop it into what he called American Style Chili dogs, where I was like uhh....
"I will show you how to make american style chili dogs..a glug of spicy worster sauce" with 15 literal glugs, count them...tsp of cumin seeds... sprinkle of sugar" "use bratwurst, sausages, or frankfurter" as he pulls it out of water right onto the bun dripping all that water.
youtube.com/watch?v=0nL9p8Wd8AI

The guy is a hack. Fact. He knows zero.

Next video
"That secret of a really good BBQ sauce is good caramelization" as he adds huge amounts of brown sugar at the beginning of sauteeing garlic and onions at the very same time in olive oil. "Now to make my life really easy and adding premade worster sauce and tomato ketchup"
That was BBQ sauce? I'd call that Worchestershire-ketchup with sugar.
Then he proceeds to fry bacon that he adds to his two inch thick pork patty "sliders" after going on about them needing to be one bite.
"you can't season a slider after it has been cooked, impossible" while he slides sizzling hot bacon and grease into raw ground pork.
...don't even get me started on his setting hot grease bombs of burgers on top of shredded lettuce already there on the bottom bun.
youtu.be/tXS0RdlqhTo
Anyone want some lettuce and tomato on your BBQ pork sandwich?

Hack. There is huge problems with all his recipes, from Indian to American, doesn't even matter if he's trying on unfamiliar cultures because he prefaces all of his recipes with this plea to authority "I have traveled all over the United States..." before his crap understandings. "Pork is perfect for an american slider"

white said that once you hit 3 stars, you aren't really just a chef anymore. you basically manage the whole restaurant, artistically. you go from chef to restaurateur.

Would you eat this masterpiece of fusion? Would anyone? Thick sliced pan chunks of tough sirloin steaks dunked in miso paste and olive oil and sugar, served in a burned taco with wasabi cabbage?

youtu.be/fETZCWvzkWM

Check out that tippy bowl on his serving platter, those burned tortillas and the method, and picking up that dripping cabbage that got 2 Tbsps of chili flakes. His narration about mexican tacos, "the trick is to color them and then to shake them" "You can also toast your teckos in a frying pan"
Blah blah mexicans this or that, then to lack one single mexican ingredient aside from the "corn teco" wrapped around his rolling pins.

It's a honing steel. Is does exactly no sharpening. So I doubt you even know how to use one. But nice try brainiac.

He was. Now he's pretty much worthless. Watched a master chef episode yesterday where he advocated salting fish to "get rid of excess moisture", which to my understanding only draws it out. Fried his fries/chips only once so they be soggy and nasty promptly. Oh and oil in the pasta water. I could find more but what's the point? He's got fame and meme status

Holy shit this triggers me. Honing a fucking half inch of the blade wow fucking brilliant. Why does he even bother? Every other chef and tv chef does it prior to filming.

why do these faggots chefs gotta freshly grind salt and pepper every time? why dont they ever have a fucking container with salt and pepper to pinch like human beings?

There's a difference between working the line and not stepping foot in a kitchen.

He admits himself that he's better at running the front of the house than he is at cooking. I don't know shit tho so I couldn't tell you personally.

daily reminder he closes down any restaurant when he knows its about to lose a michelin star

i just saw season 10 where he shows them how to make chicken parm, not enough sauce on that

thats literally what it is

1 star = good food
2 star = atmosphere and good food
3 star = all the above and creating new dishes consistently

SIXTEEN michelin stars. no other famous chef can hold a candle to his skill. if you want intel, go with alton.

gramsay works in his 14 restaurants, does appearances, cooks for his family, does his youtube channel, and cooks on film constantly. food is his life until he can't hold a knife anymore

he only ever had one 3 star place and that was the self named one in london

since then, that place has dropped off on the "best restaurants" in the world lists including even in just london based lists

Better actor/showman than cook.

He's not a bad cook, but the pose that he knows everything there's to know about kitchen is just that, a pose.

In particular, he has some personal preferences, which, while not wrong per se, are just that, his personal preferences - but he preaches them as a doctrine. For example, garlic is not to be peeled. Add whole cloves, peels and all. If you peel your garlic, you suck and your food sucks and you're a cocksucking cuck.

Fuck you, Gordon. I prefer my food without garlic peels in.

>he advocated salting fish to "get rid of excess moisture", which to my understanding only draws it out.

Well how else do you plan to get rid of the moisture? Stick it in a fucking dehydrator?

>Fried his fries/chips only once so they be soggy and nasty promptly
>muh triple-cooked chips!

It is perfectly possible to produce a non-soggy, lovely, single-fried chip. Because that's how people have done it for over a century, you know-nothing fool.

>he only ever had one 3 star place

Oh fuck, really? What a fucking scrub. I bet you have five, amirite?

theres like 1-2 places that have been number 1 or 2 for decades on those lists

a 1 star restaurant is nothing for celebrity chefs, his entire career was around getting 3 stars

he got 1, which is what started his popularity (the documentary covering his chase for it in the late 90s showing his stern yelling/linecook belittling, firing for mistakes, ect...)

now he opens a bunch of random places that only ever get 1 star

>reddit worship him
>post full of reddit spacing

You would know, Mr. Redditor.

>his entire career was around getting 3 stars
Which he got. Did you have a point?

>that only ever get 1 star
>only ever get 1 star
>ONLY
Yeah you're right, he's a fucking scrub. You probably collect them as a hobby.

look at the company who does the best restaurants in the world lists, theres a place in spain that's been number 1 for a decade

his london place was on that list for like 1 year, then 2nd then 3rd then dropped off

at that level, opening a bunch of 1's in every state becomes less meaningful cause you start earning it based on celebrity

just like making an allstar team for playing in the league longer and being "close enough" to the top

also theres a place in london that's been the best in the country for a decade and its not the Gordon Ramsay 3 star resturant

the Fat Duck

also i like how you keep avoiding this small tidbit

he's shut down several locations that were about to lose their 1 and only star

Mostly because ground pepper loses its flavor over time if you have a lot of it, as the "peppery" compound dissipates. And that's why fresh one just tastes better...

>hops around like a queer little leprechaun
I'm stealing this

He's way more legit as a chef than he was as football player.
telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/4903118/Gordon-Ramsay-admits-claims-about-his-Rangers-career-may-be-inaccurate.html

Chef Ramsay is the general title he has. I would call a plumber named Joe "Plumber Joe", but do not necessarily respect him nor his profession to any degree greater than that of a normal human being. With the exception of Hell's Kitchen Ramsay legitimately does help his viewers understand cooking better both mechanically and artistically. Kitchen Nightmares is also a direct example of him helping failing restaurants with his knowledge. Gordon Ramsay is a passionate, knowledgeable, and relatively enjoyable person; if you don't like him that's fine but specifically not liking him because he is a "dominant" personality is a pretty shit reason and you should probably get that chip off your shoulder.

The Fat Duck isn't in London, dipshit.

>Is this guy legit?
Fuck me...

is he brittans greatest conman?

Are you a fucking Michelin inspector or something? You appear to be incredibly obsessed about how long Gordon Ramsay has held his TOTAL OF 16 STARS for.

Closing a restaurant before they lose a star and opening a new one that gains a star sounds like damn good business sense to me.

its in UK, same shit

>gathering up a bunch of easy 1 stars is great

It is absolutely great for business you insufferable cunt

>That guy is worth millions? Psh, whatever. That's not rich. I mean not like he is worth BILLIONS. What a pleb.

That "place in Spain" is a literal laboratory for some autistic spainiard to "experiment" with food for half a year then showcase it for the other half. Its entire purpose is to be the most avant garde restaurant in the world.

yeah to uphold a "reputation" at the most

you just explained the literal definition for earning a 3rd star

you have to have great food, atmosphere and constantly be experimenting (and those experiments being good) to get 3 stars

just cooking good for 1 star is pleb tier

also theres actually a 2nd place in spain that surpassed the prior one, so 2 locations are bookending the Fat Duck each year for the top 3 places

i think a place in NY just got 3rd last year

the only Gordon place is his UK joint which has declined steadily cause he no longer "experiments" or expands, he just set it in cruise control

nah he's a big phoney

he isn't even a real chef, they just made up that he's a famous chef. from Britain (convenient) for the premise of his shows

He's searing it. It creates a crisp outer layer while preserving moisture on the inside. Heating it normally would make the skin chewy and the inside dry and overcooked.

we never see the actual cooking, all we see is "food" taken up to the pass, then he touches it and goes on a tirade

then a minute later the same dish is brought back, looks the same and he says its perfect

>Damn
I can see it in my mind

i imagined ramsay's hand mannerisms near his mouth and hand slaps while reading that

judaism

>easy 1 stars

You're a fucking idiot, son.

was he saying it under his breath while looking cautiously at the camera, in your mind?

...yes

>"WORLD FAMOUS STAR OF MULTIPLE HIT SERIES ON FOX OPENING A NEW RESTURANT IN (((city)))"
>menu is trope-ishly geared towards area
>nothing out of the ordinary that causes the food alone to be the stand out reason to go to (((that))) restaurant
>food tastes not like shit
>wow great!
>1 star

did the camera then cut to a view of the bathroom door with "sick noises" and suspenseful music playing while also cutting back to the "owner" at the bar making a grimacing face before cutting to commercial?

>why the FUCK is this restaurant designed to earn Michelin stars earning more Michelin stars than a money making restaurant? Blogren tamsey is a fucking HACK
>yeah to uphold a reputation at the most
So it is good business then?reputation is very important

I think we've watched too much of that fucking show

>1 star

Yes, one star. One Michelin star. Gordon Ramsay can open a new restaurant and almost *guarantee* a star: some Chefs work their entire *life* and never gain a single star.

But to you, it's an "easy 1 star". You are, and remain, a fucking idiot.

you're defending the same practices college coaches use when they leave right before penalties are about to come down

it's almost as if when you're the biggest cooking superstar the world has ever known, you might be awarded michelin stars more easily

>you might be awarded michelin stars more easily

I'm sorry, are you now suggesting that Michelin is rigged or bribed? Michelin literally don't GAF about Ramsey's TV shows, and you're a fucking idiot if you think they do.

For real,he is a liar and a fraud.

heard it first here user.

>tv shows

you're missing the point: he is by far the most relevant person to cook food, ever. By far. By a tremendously huge margin. It's not even close.

So yes, it's in the best interest of food for Michelin to award Ramsey stars more easily

>bribed or rigged

Sorry, I'm not that simple, but maybe you are. If it helps you to think of it that way, then think of it that way. I can't put myself in the shoes of a person who isn't able to think analytically from multiple concordant perspectives

>he is by far the most relevant person to cook food, ever. By far. By a tremendously huge margin. It's not even close.

Are you fucking kidding me, right now?

>I can't put myself in the shoes of a person who isn't able to think analytically

Mate, you couldn't even put yourself in the shoes of a person who's able to think at all. You're just babbling nonsense about Ramsay being some sort of super-God of food who also, apparently, doesn't actually deserve those Michelin stars. You're so far away from coherent I can only assume you've got lost on your way to /x/.

you realize michelin is the company that makes tires, right?

it was entirely created for publicity

Michelin has definitely gained a lot of attention by awarding stars to the most famous chef in the world...

How many people who weren't interested in restaurant/food culture heard about Michelin through a Ramsay show?

>Are you fucking kidding me, right now?

If you don't agree, you don't know what you're talking about, simply put. I'm sure you think some person like Julia Child from before the age of media and internet is relevant (they aren't)

Mmm hmm. Tell us more about the amazing Food God Ramsay and how he's personally singlehandedly reshaping the culinary landscape (but doesn't deserve his Michelin stars).

rel·e·vant
ˈreləvənt/Submit
adjective
closely connected or appropriate to what is being done or considered.
"what small companies need is relevant advice"
synonyms: pertinent, applicable, apposite, material, apropos, to the point, germane; More
appropriate to the current time, period, or circumstances; of contemporary interest.

i'm sorry that you are not very intelligent/educated.

No no carry on, I'm obviously too simple to get it: somehow Ramsay The Food God is the single most "relevant" person in cooking BAR NONE because...?

Oh but not so relevant that he deserves any Michelin stars. Because he's relevant. But not relevant.

>it was entirely created for publicity

Yes. But what does its history have to do with its current state?

Fact is that nowadays it's a highly respected rating. Its origins aren't relevant.

>most relevant

no thats wolfgang puck, who he has on his own show and is in awe everytime

user i know you're young because you have no tact and your generation doesn't understand this: you lost the argument. stop talking. okay?

its current state is shit, theres tons of contraversey, they dont go to each resturant, they have currently like 80 people who supposedly go to each restaurant 2-3 times a year to verify the ratings...its BS

and stars are either continued or given based on publicity. unless its some new place that comes out like gangbusters, like the one in NY thats currently ranked top 3 and has a star which just opened

plus theres a bunch of chefs who DECLINE the star cause it places unwanted burden of "expectation" form customers who think 1 star means 3 and then give them bad ratings