If you didn't do this you had an incomplete childhood

If you didn't do this you had an incomplete childhood.

I didnt do this so I had an incomplete childhood

I'm sorry to hear that, user.

eat strawberries...?

On a stiiiiik

Collect then in a straw prior to eating

why the FUCK would I do that?

Wild strawberries grow in sparse patches so if you want a full mouthfull you need to move around and gather some. If you hold them in your hand they get mushy. Then you can mix and match!

Also it's fun.

I just eat the fuck out of them.
Why would I put them on a stick ?

I guess you have to be white to understand.

never even tasted wild berries before
I made spiders kill each other on a stick as a kid though so there's that

I'm white and the only thing I did with grasses like that was make lizard catchers.

There are many uses for TIMOTEI

ITT: things stupid Europeans do

I would use rattlesnake grass to make lizard catchers, you made a little noose and snuck it around their neck
Instant pet.

>mfw mom tells me to go outside and play
and it doesn't give me diabetes like your value pack of skittles

Season is over. Fuck off.

fuuuuuuuuck I miss wild strawberries

I grew up in the Catskills in Upstate NY, we had forest right behind our house and wild strawberries grew throughout a lot of it. There was one particularly huge patch back behind my grandma's house, too. Never collected them on a straw though, I brought a little basket with me to gather them up for later washing and eating.

That's actually pretty rad

Fake news it started late this year t. LITERALLY had some today.

>send kids to collect berries
>kids actually return with berries
that doesn't sound right at all

I used to go out to the state park in the summer and walk around in the dry creek beds and pick blackberries.
Come home with two gallons of them if I could.
Kind of surprised I never got killed by a mountain lion doing that shit.

Late as in late july instead of june. We are now in august. You are eating rotten berries.

Kausi kestää viime vuotta pidempään

Salon mukaan satokausi kestää elokuuhun asti, jos sääennusteet pitävät paikkansa.

- Kun kausi alkaa myöhäisessä, niin se venyy myös sieltä toisesta päästä. Mutta elokuussa tietenkin riskit kasvavat, koska päivät lyhenevät, yöt pitenevät, kasvuston sekaan tulee yökaste ja sateen riski kasvaa, kun yöt ovat pidempiä. Viileä sää ei kuitenkaan häiritse kasvavaa mansikkaa, toisin kuin helteet.

I actually want to order this Mushroom book with 1200 different kinds of wild mushrooms in it. I'm a little on the edge of either doing it or not doing it because it can be a tad bit more dangerous compared to strawberry picking.

inb4 user discovers psilocybin and becomes a mountain hippie

That's a lot of anal beads!

gonna need the sauce on that pic.

I'm just pulling these off instagram with hash tag forest strawberry
Mushroom picking is great. Just memorize the deadly ones and if you're ever in doubt discard it. And don't eat a mushroom before you've identified it.

Nothing beats a steak with potatoes and chanterelle sauce.

Also it might be wise to get another book more specified to your region. Have one bible of mushrooms that you can always refer to if needed, and a handy book that goes in your pocket that's made with your general region in mind.

I did that but not with a straw, i just got something CLEAN

Consider moving out of your third world country if you're afraid of the cleanliness of something that grows in nature lmao wtf

mods!

>hey look strawberries, I want some
>just make sure not to touch the hay that's growing literally ten inches from the berries. it's not clean.

You dress your daughter like a wigger

Yes these are all my children. I have very potent sperm.

I used to wander in the forest near the small Scottish town I lived in as a kid. I would eat the wild raspberries whenever I found a bush. This never occurred to me though

I did this when I was young, feels good man.

Is this loli for sale?

No, that's idiotic.

I'm whiter than you are and I've never hard of people doing this.

no but I gathered them as lil bouquets, cuter and more hygienic. Also the season is gone a month ago so why this thread

>so why
He's a snownigger

>childhoodlets
Yeah but you can't put a bouquet in your mouth and pull it through your teeth so that you get all the strawberries at once.

Never had to do this because I had the technical skills to weave baskets. Must suck being so uncivilized .

You see a patch of strawberry bushes by the side of the road and you start weaving a basket?

Norfag?

Five minutes of effort is a small price to pay for the increase in foraging efficiency. All the jams and such I eat throughout the year are made from wild berries

Well you truly are a better weaver than I am if you can finish one in 5 minutes.

What people in this thread don't seem to realize is that this method isn't an alternative to having a bucket and one of those bailer things when you seriously go collecting berries. It's for when you're walking in the forest or alongside a country road and see a patch of berries. Which happens pretty often during summertime.

>tfw I will never live in Norway/Finland
>tfw Sweden and Denmark will collapse in my lifetime
I went trout fishing in Norway once and it was maybe the comfiest thing I've ever done, all you do is eat strawberries and fish and play cards and fuck.

I did this as a kid

t. swede

>and fuck
Your norwegian buddy lied about the no homo thing

my childhood still would've been fucked even if i did eat this shishkebab of dog erections

This seems like past time that a pedophile's victim do in between fucking them

We don't have these in America

Wild strawberries? They're pretty gud. All the flavour of a strawberry in 1/10 the size basically. But it's not just intensity of the flavour, it's a much more complex taste IMO. Yoghurt or jam or something made from wild berries tastes completely different even if the total amount of flavor in the end product is approximately the same.

Pic related, slowly working to fill your straw while on a walk.

Different taste
That' because it's a different thing

The fuck you on about mate? Wild strawberries are all over the pnw

I already had an incomplete childhood because my father neglected me

Which is why you carry some kind of basket with you when you go berry/fruit picking.

>That hand

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

eat forest fruit?

nigga, we ate this shit in the summary growing up. wild plants all around

>Not putting it in your pockets or just holding it in a hand while eating them.

No, he's being an autistic Scandinavian and insisting that if you didn't put it on a stick, you had a sad childhood.

why would one put berries on a stick?

what's the point

Exactly.

never heard of this. would op and everyone who's ever done this tell me what countries they're from?

fellow upstate new yorker

legit the best place to live if you get high enough

Lithuanian here. I remember doing that, good times. Somehow the barries were more tastefull that way.

Because it is an optimal way of transporting them if you didnt had a usable container with yourself.
Playing in the woods with your friends and suddently finding barries was real joy. We would pick them up, impale them and carry them to our "nature base" where we chilled out and enjoy the sweetness of such a wonderfull treat eating them one by one. Really fun.
If your praents didnt teach you about this seemigly "hidden" berry carrying technique - you, like OP implied, missėed out.

Yes we do

finland. searching for wild strawberry in finnish on instagram returns endless photos of people doing it. it's very common thing to teach to kids. keeps them busy too.
>people trying to tell me the season is over when 5 new pictures have been uploaded within the last few hours

>Autistic snow-mongols shove berries on a stick instead of either keeping them in a basket or bag getting a handful and eating them, or just eating as they go.
>Insist everyone has missed out because they didn't put a stick through their berries.

Finns, everyone.

Painu vittuun

>keeping a basket always on you for 3 months of summer on the off change that you might encounter berries is the less autistic solution than a quick and easy always available natural fix that leaves no waste
Ei tainnut äiti rakastaa kun ei tällaistakaan perisuomalaista kokemusta opettanut :D Ota yksi kuva lisää

No, you just eat the berries there, or pick a handful. If you're going out with the intention of looking for berries, a plastic bag shoved in the pocket works fine. You however, are insistent that sticking each berry on a stick is the only way to do this.

Whenever I visited my grandmother's house up north I would see these wild strawberries all over the front yard. I never realized you could actually eat them/tasted good. They had always looked too small and weird to me, plus I was always taught not to eat random berries you find outside.

Wild strawberries are very delicate and especially in the hands of little kids get mushed right away. Also it gives them something to do that isn't watching television. Sounds like you're jealous to 8 year olds, pretty sad thing to see if I'm honest.
You missed out :(

I spent hours walking around as a child with an air rifle on my back, picking berries, plinking away and having a great time. You sound like an autist who can't comprehend that people had a different childhood than you.

>Wild strawberries are soft
>Better mash them onto a stick and let them sit there until you fill up your autistic finn stick.

>american hamplanets can't control the strenght of their sausage fingers
not surprised desu

>have the grip strength of a silverback gorillia from being force fed creatine and protein powder by my adoptive father, Wealthy Panini
>tfw rail thin european makes fun of me

this is autistic behaviour

finnish and autistic are practically synonyms

I'm British and making fun of you for being autistic.

Foraging?
I did that a little

That is the oldest looking toddler I've ever seen

russia

>eating wild berries unwashed

I hope you' ll enjoy your fox and deer piss.

It's called having a basket or a pint? You can collect more berries that way than you ever could by skewering them, and then if you want them for later they'd spoil and dry out quicker because of the holes.

I have never heard of putting berries on straws. Seems like some dumb peasant trick when perfectly good alternatives are available.

I was asleep user. Two thirds of the posts in this thread about having done this aren't mine, probably not even finnish and like I said there are literally thousands of pics on instagram of people doing this none of which are mine. But burgers triggered by fresh air and people like yourself try to attack everyone as one autistic finn because you, like the OP says, missed out.
>peasant trick
That's exactly what it is.
>>keeping a basket always on you for 3 months of summer on the off change that you might encounter berries is the less autistic solution than a quick and easy always available natural fix that leaves no waste
Not my fault anglos are systematically distanced from nature
>walking around as a child with an air rifle on my back
Sounds like fun. You could even say those who didn't walk around forest with an air rifle, missed out? Almost like there are plenty of fun things to do in the woods. Besides, this activity is for people too young to be trusted with guns.

I was looking at the same thing, but chalked it off as her being Savonian
>implying superior grip strength doesn't allow for even finer muscle control
reaching in to the pringles can doesn't train youe grip stenght user.

By the way this free phone photoshop is pretty sweet.

I'm as American as motorcycles and racial hatred, and I had a fuckhuge wild berry patch in my yard growing up.

My dad molested me and my older sister just watched

Never had a strawberry in my left life

I did this growing up in Maine. What did you waste your childhood on?

Could you make one and post in this thread? I'd like to see a five minute basket.

It looks like she has cancer. I hope she gets better.