Chicken Alfredo

Let's make some chicken Alfredo

Cooking in olive oil

Awwwwww SHIT HERE WE GO.

Perfect

Boil the pasta while chopping the garlic

Already doing it wrong.

You sear the breast on the stove and then oven bake it to keep the juices inside, let it rest, then cut the pieces into the desired shape. What you're doing is the equivalent of making scraps only suitable for dog food and 3/4 of the population on Veeky Forums.

you better not used some nasty ragu type shitty alfredo sauce in a jar.

I had to get replies somehow

looks pretty juicy my man, nice work, are they seasoned well?

>perfect
>this

Im

this guy know his shit, you need to sear that mother fucker like a steak browning any kind of meat seals in flavor and makes in taste so much better than just bland boring non browned sizzling meat.

Milk, salt, pepper, and garlic

>Already doing it wrong.
Like there's a right way to make a bullshit dish like chicken Alfredo.

>searing seals in the juices
You faggot. If you're going to correct someone, at least do it with correct information.

Are you putting any Parmesan in?
Why are you using milk instead of heavy cream or half and half?

Not yet

Second mistake.

Not creating a roux prior to adding in your liquids and seasoning. Also, you're using milk instead of a cream; it looks like it's fat free milk too. If I had to guess you're probably also going to use corn starch to thicken it.

Man, you need to re-think this entire recipe.

Stirred in noodles, parmesan, and heavy cream. Now simmering.

Searing doesn't hold in the juices fucktard just improves flavour and colours.

How about you learn some reading comprehension first, or how retaining meat juices actually works. He cut them into small pieces prior to cooking which will lead the juices bleeding out faster and creating a watery mess. That's why his shit has no color. If you cook it whole and let it rest, the juices redistribute and you can retain a moist breast while giving it color. Nobody said a single fucking thing about "searing to lock in juices". That came out of YOU, and it's completely wrong to begin with.

Not OP, who is retarded, but using a corn starch slurry isn't inherently bad. You're right about the roux though.

No corn starch. It will thicken on its own

Thickening

And done. Parsley for garnish.

Because chicken and cheese is such a great combination.

Well i'm hungry now

Lumpy sauce.
Sauce too thick.
No color on chicken.
Poor cohesion of overall dish.

Sweet garnish bro.

Exactly how I like it, Satan

Sorry for your poor taste. I hope it corrects with time.

Taste is subjective

taste is a real thing, it just becomes vaporous when the peasants think they're not peasants and become extremely vocal through the internet.

You guys are right, OP's dish looks totally wrong. Time to make this a real thread.

I unironically love KFC chicken snack sandwich

>Exactly how I like it, Satan

Good answer! You're certainly keeping an open mind about how to improve! Wouldn't want to get complacent, after all.

He didn't put anything on them. Not even salt and pepper. This shit's gonna be bland.

I don't know what your talking about I eat my steaks the way u eat my chicken ....burnt. All your talk about flavour is nothing more than memes

Thanks for all the input. Next alfredo dish will incorporate all the criticisms of this thread

Fetechine or angel hair?

Neither. Those are obviously raviolis.

Are you kidding me?

Fettuccine

I prefer angel hair, but at least it's not pene pasta

Whats's wrong with penne?

Educate me, o wise one.

There's no shame in that.
While being pretty overpriced, KFC probably makes the best fast food chicken sandwiches, barring regional specialties like Chick Fil-A or Church's or whatever the fuck.

In fact, it's the only good thing KFC makes anymore. Even their original recipe fried chicken has become bland, severely lacking enough spice/seasoning, and is just wet and soggy with grease, instead of being crispy and spicy on the outside like it used to be.

God damn, now I want a KFC big crunch with black pepper mayo. Oh well I wasn't using that $7 anyways.

Hey I would eat it, doesn't look perfect but beats takeout or frozen food. One question though where is the G A R L I C bread MY MAN??

>big pile of starchy pasta
>smothered in a curdled milk sauce with tons of butter, garlic, and cheese
>not a vegetable in sight

>needs more starch, butter, and garlic

Frozen mixed vegetables were cooked off camera. Also there is no butter in this

>le food pyramid man
Garlic bread is good with pasta, it's good to push the noodles against your fork and then sop up the sauce as well

>using milk instead of heavy cream or half and half?

Not OP, but milk isn't as much of a calorie bomb, and I always use it instead of cream or half and half.

Yeah. Those snack buns are only put through 70% of the torture. If you wanna see the state of KFC get yourself some mash. The shit insta-mash(which is a travesty in itself) at the market tastes better.

Trailer park / 10 OP.

No seasoning on the chicken.
Sauce wasn't creamy.
Looks like a congealed mess on the plate.

You tried, though...

Thanks. It's my second time cooking something that isn't completely pre packed. The chicken was seasoned off camera though

It's not about the "food pyramid", it's about just eating a fuckload of grain-derivatives and nothing else, and calling it a meal.
>it's good with pasta
>it's good to push and sop
It's also "good" to pour sugar over a stick of butter, melt the whole thing with a block of cheese, then fry up a pack of bacon to dip into it, but it's not healthy, it requires zero skill, barely any effort, and simply eating indulgent things with no concern toward nutrition, just because it tastes good at the time, is juvenile, and how little kids (and apparently adults) end up having heart attacks trying to climb the stairs.

When it comes to saucing, cook your noodles most of the way, but not completely, then just strain them and set them aside until your sauce is done. Then add the noodles to your sauce, adjust the thickness as needed with some of the pasta water, and finish the noodles in the sauce. Much easier to get a nice, smooth, and creamy sauce that way, dude.

Pain in the butt to pick up with a fork

I'm not sure garlic bread with chicken alfredo is comparable to bacon dipped in sugar-butter-cheese sauce. You sound like you could use some carbohydrates my angry friend.

Thanks I'll try that next time

You are new. Go back to redit

i thought ragù was a meat-based sauce

should have made a beurre blanc and mixed in the pasta on low heat desu

It's also a name brand of spaghetti sauces sold in stores.

They sell an Alfreddo sauce.

Hey user I like that you're doing a cook along, and I don't want to discourage you. But please clean the pubes off of your stove top before the next one.

clean your fucking stove

A few crumbs won't hurt anyone.

>no nutmeg
Gay.