Al/ck

Continued from Post you're alcohol

Other urls found in this thread:

shuggo.com/birdwatchers/calculator.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I just bought this in a tesco shop. Please don't be disgusting.

HOW THE FUCC DO I OPEN THIS

im really trying not to vomit.

still cider sounds disgusting

I expected there to be a spout, too. What do I do lads? Do I just pour it down the toilet? Do I try to freeze it? Give me something fun I can do with it. Drowning is not fun.

honestly? if you have a bit of spare change left?

just admit defeat and pour it down the sink, and then go get something you know and like. we all buy shit from time to time.

from my experience the USA is fucked up backwards and cheap ciders are good ciders that are appropriately dry and expensive ciders are all tacky sticky sweet garbage.

There's a 50/50 chance that cider will be alright.

Best of luck to you, blessed Scully poster

TESCO IS A U.K. SHOP

A man walked into a bar because he is an alcohol and it's destroying his family.

oh then he's fucked.

rest in pepperoni blessed scully poster

the bottles of wyld wood organic SPARKLING were GOAT ony slightly surpassed byorchard pig truffler.

anyhoo. Every night I buy a 2 litre bottle of asda dry cider (the best supermarket own brand cider) and a bottle of westons vintage (8.9%). I drink the first pint out of the asda bottle then mix the vintage in so that the rest tastes slightly better and is stronger than usual. costs like £4 and gets me good and buzzed.

for me its the best cheap dinking solution in terms of strength, price and taste.

Any tips with minor tremors? I'm not trying to go clean but I think I went on too big of a bender last night and for the last two hours I've been feeling really weak and shaking a little. I suspect if I drink some more it'll go away but it's too early for that right now.

water. lots and lots and lots of water.

Been guzzling ice water like mad since this morning but I'll keep it up, thanks

electrolytes. aka potassium, magnesium, calcium, sodium.

also some fat. and protein.

Whats the hangover like with this one?

sometimes cider really fucks me up bad for days

Never tried it. I don't even know how to drink it.

going for some Aberlour after some cans of stella and Carling. Have a hobo downstairs sleeping in the street, went twice to give him some water and help him get to some protected area but he refused, feeling bad even though its literally not my fault. Any anons have any experience helping out non-responsive hobos? Just want to help him through his night

I'm a functional alcoholic. I normally wouldn't admit that, and in a sense my condition is sustainable at this point. Both of my parents have some issues with alcohol, my mom moreso than my dad. They make it work though and have made it thus far.

Although my mom fucked up and cheated on my dad when I was attending college, they got divorced and now my mom lives in her hometown, working retail.

I wasn't able to finish my first semester at college because I am retarded (autism) and now after much trial and tribulation I am a car salesman.

I teeter between indifferent apathy and extreme depression, I have arbitrary goals that I don't care about or think I can acheive just to convince the normies to leave me alone.

I really wish I were dead but I am too much of a pussy to kill myself. I know I don't want to die from alcohol related health issues as they are too long and painful, so I can't just drink drink drink.

I was thinking about getting a motorcycle, how much do you guys think that would increase my daily probability of death? Versus the probability I end up a vegetable? That's probably the only thing that could be worse than this.

He sounds insane. You cant fix it. With bums who speak you can help them.

did you figure out how to open it? Maybe cut the top of the box off and pull out the bag, there has to be some way to get the cider out.

he's just like lying on the street, seems just pretty drunk I'd say, thus the feel to help a fellow drunkard. Gonna try again in an hour to bring him water and food, move him to a bench see how it goes

I could open it like that, but then how the hell am I gonna contain all that cider?

get past the whining stage of alcoholism already. whining and self-pity get you nowhere.

just check if there is a spout on the bag, fool. Open the box and look at the dang bag. And if not, you should get a pitcher or clean out a bucket or something, or fill all your jars

What do you think will get me somewhere? And how do I define "somewhere?" Alcohol isn't holding me back from anything (although I may be delusional) as far as I know. I consider myself an alcoholic because try as I might I cannot stop drinking. I drink like 20 5% beers a week, carefully drunk depending on circumstances. Usually 3 nights getting a buzz and finishing off the other 2 beers whenever. Something in that area. I stopped drinking liquor because I always (piss myself/crash my car/say something unredeemablely offensive) but those problems only affect me in a compartmentalized sense.

The main problem I have is that I am wholly unable to support myself. I can't have romantic relationships, I have no self esteem, and, I have a shit job. My self-esteem is so bad that I am even thankful I have this garbage-can job.

I will admit I am a whiny bastard but I don't know what to tell you. I would rather isolate myself than exude fake positivity. Every time I try and relate to somebody or a group of people it feels like I am shot down over open water.

Maybe this thread isn't the best place to ramble about my self-loathing but where else? Sorry to bother you man, thanks for responding.

fuck the police are here questioning him, hope he doesn't get into too much trouble, RIP homeless nº 201283127 of London

it seems like your self esteem is tied to your alcohol use as well. Can't tell which one caused the other but they do make one another worse.

Honestly, it sounds like you are not taking responsibility for your own perceptions of yourself. It can be comforting to wallow in self pity like you are doing (obv. drunks love to do this, a weepy melancholic drunk is a common sight!), and it will give you a million more opportunities to keep wallowing in self pity and never change.

Never change, Veeky Forums.

>have about 500ml of rum that I'm planning on finishing and then taking a day or two break from drinking
>go out shopping
>impulse buy a 1.5L magnum of wine

Why do I do this to myself

we as individual people have to look at society as a whole and try to fit in. for money and for social status.

thats the single and only bottom line.

grow up in a hurry if you can, and get a good job.

homemade.

hangover? side effects?

When you put it through a reflux column it's actually cleaner than commercial alcohol. Commercial vodka goes through a 'continuous still' and doesn't prune off the heads and tails like you can when you generate azeotropic ethanol. My booze tastes like vanilla and fire if you drink it at 93%

So, no side effects at all. Just dangerous to drink when it isn't watered down. You can drink too much very quickly.

Hangovers are light. The methanol doesn't exist(like it does in wine) ethyl acetate is removed at 77 degrees C. Ethanol is collected at 78.5.

How did you come to that conclusion?

My self-esteem is as low as it is because I have experienced too much rejection for me to cope with. This happened before my drug/alcohol use escalated to this level. No need to get into the specifics but I cannot trust people, I have no (marketable) skills to build a career, women don't find me attractive (I am not obese or dirty).

I have a few hobbies but I choose not to pursue them seriously because I tend to dissapoint myself. For example I like cooking and I actually consider myself a decent cook. I haven't really cooked anything in a couple weeks because last time I tried to make a nice dinner (shrimp kebabs) I fucked up and they came out raw. I may blame the grill but a good cook should be able to compensate for uneven heat, right? Or if I were smart I would have used the stove and a pan because I am familiar with its heating profile.

Regardless, the point is I am never dissapointed in the $10 I spend on a six-pack. It consistently gives me the same feeling.

Sometimes when I try to do other things I waste money fucking up. One of the reasons I dropped out is because I improperly accounted for my living expenses when drawing a student loan. I incorrectly assumed my parents (per our conversation) would help me out a bit during my first semester as I wanted to acclimate myself to a new enviroment and be used to the level of coursework before I sought employment.

Now I work 65 hours a week to make enough so that I can afford my libations without being bothered.

If I quit drugs and alcohol I would go back to being an autistic videogame/masturbation addict or read books all day.

NICE.

Can you post your process?

My job is pretty good in the sense that I am well-respected and well-liked. I get what you are saying. You are right. I make a lot more money than I did working as an overnight gas-station attendent. I fixed my credit, bought a cheap reliable car and saved an emergency fund. I have nice clothes and good hygiene (I didn't 5 years ago).

Despite all of that I am entirely unfulfilled and expect to be alone forever and don't really see the point except to afford my drugs/alcohol. If I didn't allow myself inebriation the entire system I designed that allows me to expend the effort reqiured to maintain all this bullshit would fall apart.

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Ummmmmm.

I'll try.

You'll need massive Brute food safe garbage containers. I make 2 x this..

115L of water
30Kg Sugar
1326ml tomato paste (8.5cans)
5tsp Citric Acid
380g Yeast
1 tsp Epsom salt
2 campden tablets in water

I think they were 44 Gallon vats? Yes. Then you need a 3 inch 5ft long piece of drain waste vent copper pipe. Then you need to build a condenser for that column still. The condenser I use is a Jackson Crossflow condenser I made by hand. A 36qt boiler with a 2.6kW heater I run from my stove.

just try to never forget how bad it always gets when you throw up your hands and say fuck it, and start drinking.

Very interesting.

I would love to try this if I had my own house, I live in a condo and don't want to blow the place up though. Plus I don't have homeowners insurance like I'm supposed to

Any more pics?

How much did it cost you to build?

The crossflow condenser is the most meticulous work. It looks like this.. stuffed with copper mesh they use to deter rodents. That is soldered into a larger tube that you pump coolant through.

What (if any) safety measures does this have?

I tread my still like it's a big coffee maker. I've probably run 40 distillations through it to date. It's not a pressurized system so vapour doesn't try to escape from your boiler. It rises up your column slowly to be "knocked down" by your condenser. You put PTFE tape on your giant pot, or even a keg, most people use a keg for better containment. The slow moving vapour moves up the column, gets condensed on the condenser and collects in the down spout that has a liebig cooler on it. It's all done at 1 atmosphere of pressure.

I have a single chemical fire extinguisher in the house, but I will never need to use it. I don't use open flame, I don't run it unattended. My stripping runs take 2.6 hours and I use wireless digital thermometers and timers to make sure I'm always on top of an essentially non dangerous process. It's literally like brewing coffee.

What do you do with all the alcohol?

You can't possibly drink that much...

Tons of pics. Probably cost me maybe 600 dollars all in maybe 7.

That's a Parrot, a Liebig and a failed 3 coil cold finger. I ended up using the Jackson.

I'm Oliver Reed, bro.

The most imporant thing I can give you if you're really going to make your own booze is..

Homedistiller.org

The forums are full of amateurs and professionals offering all sorts of ideas. The single best reference on the net.

I won't. My reptile-brain kicks in whenver I try and sabotage myself too much. This may seem weird but I feel strong because of how badly I would like to blow my brains out, knowing I never will. Nothing will stop me. I will probably die of bladder cancer at 62.

>too poor to buy good booze
>too risky to make my own
>all I want to do is drink
what do.

What country? Most places it's not risky anymore as long as you don't sell it. They treat it like a non issue.

aus, and it's risky because I live in a shared apartment for uni and they do random inspections, and we're not allowed to brew alcohol.

What? I thought NZ and Aus were fine with home distillation? Is this a uni thing?

wine sucks
everything but liquor + soda and beer sucks to me now, feels like it's not properly sippable

this is the shit thatll fuck ya up

you need to be approved by the ATO, but yeah its the T&C of where i'm staying that prevents me from homebrewing.

rog.

for a solid year when i was underage that was all i drank besides stolen shots of liquor from my parents, because the dude at one convenience store sold them to me and all the beer and shit was overpriced as hell. at first its decent and you say hey it tastes like red bull, then you start to hate it and get nasty headaches after halfway through one.

I've felt nauseous since yesterday and as of this morning have had nonstop pitch-black diarrhea. Is this an ulcer?

Open boxed cider like boxed wine maybe?

>It consistently gives me the same feeling.
It'll change after some time.

Why tomato paste? I thought it was a jail booze thing?

New thread was already posted...

Nope, It's yeast nutrient.

shuggo.com/birdwatchers/calculator.htm

My idol.
I'd have loved to drink with Olly, and Andre the giant.
Nm. We'll one day be together, downing gallons in hell.

Hello everyone btw. I'm home. Phone is charged. And I'm sober.
...I will soon inevitably relapse. I'm hopeless.

Anyway, hope you lovely people are all well. I look forward to feeling healthy enough to start posting frequently. For now, sleep, sleep and more sleep is what I need. I'll check in from time to time to see who's still alive. Thanks to those who sent supportive texts and left nice messages while I was in hospital. I'm largely ok now. Using a trip because some people have been pretending to be me.
Tc all.

Sorry, captcha trolled my trip, and I'm on a lot of painkillers and sedatives. Hopefully this'll work.
If not, I'll try when the morphine and lorazepam wear off.
Peace

Be well Smirnoffbro...there is a tough struggle ahead, and we must be well prepared...

Probably. You get stomach pains?

A pang here and there, but any pain has mostly been around my lower back.

Upper right back is liver.

Well it's more of a soreness around my back, which I'm willing to attribute to something I might have done at the gym unrelated to this shit.

I thought you were dead ;_;

I've never had Perry but it sounds fucking amazing. Good pears are god tier fruit.
Anyone have any opinions? is it really similar to apple cider?

Anyone here watch Dota?
Big tournament ended with a good ending
Been drinking since the finale began
Feeling good

Is that a cognac?
When I went to the liquor store today they tried to offer me a pear something or other

Shit, you al/ck/s got me all confused with two different threads. Posted in the other one about kava. If you're quitting drinking and want a buzz with no risk of physical dependency, try kava in the powder form. Look up the directions on how to prepare it. Three hours in, I'm not super fucked up but still pretty comfy. High has remained the same ever since I came up.

>at the gym unrelated to this shit
What are your lifts mate?

I don't want a high
I just don't want to feel sad anymore

Just got out of the hospital, diagnosed with mild pancreatitis. The pain it caused me has become the ultimate motivation to not drink anymore. I got a shot of morphine, some nausea shot, a CT scan, and a stern lecture from the doctor. If this is mild, I sure as fucking hell don't want to find out how worse it could get.

Gonna try to sleep now, take care guys.

I hope you get well, bro
You don't fuck with the pancreas.

Did you get that from drinking? A bit of a selfish worry here

Yeah, and it only took 5 years of drinking to get this bad.

The sense of well-being is stellar, man. I hope Big Brother doesn't outlaw this shit, its only downsides so far are that it tastes like shit and makes my stomach a bit queasy.

Oh man that's shitty.
I keep telling myself I'm not REALLY an alcoholic but that sounds quick.

I hope you get well.

I can't stand queasy. It does sound really nice, though.
Keep drinking(?) it.

>Last night was supposed to be last night drinking for a couple months
>Didn't finish the whole litre of Turkey so now feel like I need to finish it
>There's only about 2-3 drinks left
>Will probably get a taste for it and go buy another bottle if I do

REEEEEEEE

Buy a 6 pack of beer instead
That way you can finish off the bottle and the case

Not a bad idea.

Wow, that's a lot of alcohol for the your buck. Makes me sad to be a Canadian

Canadian here too
It's fucking hard to be an alchie here

I miss living in Alberta. It wasn't on the whole that much cheaper, but since the government doesn't have its greedy hands on the entire distribution process you can buy pretty much anything consumers will pay for.

I live in Quebec
We got some good parts with regards to booze, but a lot of bad parts too.

Pretty much the cheapest you can buy is a 1.14 L for 29 bucks
Shit compared to the Americans and even to most Euros

>have to decide between taking my meds or drinking most days
This blows.
>why not both
I black out way too fast and sudden.

$29 for 1.14 was the minimum price you could buy one for before the Alberta oil crash. Now here in BC, think $45 minimum and shit selection for cold beer (if you're lucky to find a cooler at all) at any of the government stores

Quebec sounds nice. I heard you can buy the strong Everclear too.

I personally haven't seen Everclear in the SAQ and I've been looking for cheap booze.

Also
>45 for 1.14
Holy fucking shit
I'm glad I didn't drink when I lived there

>SAQ
I didn't know Quebec had its own crown corp for alcohol.

You moved to Quebec? How's it living there as an Anglophone?

>Quebec had its own crown corp for alcohol.
Half and half
It has a state controlled alcohol store, but other stores are free to sell beer and wine
Riots would go out if you couldn't buy wine at deps and groceries

>You moved to Quebec? How's it living there as an Anglophone?
My particular lifestory is fucked up. I grew up in an anglophone part of Quebec and then moved to Montreal, the most anglo major city.
It's an absolutely great city, even for anglos like me. The major happening parts of the city are almost entirely anglo. Like the artist/musician parts are all anglo.
If you like art of any kind, music, painting, poetry, this is the city to be in now.

But for me personally, my identity is fucked up. My dad is Quebecois born and raised, and my mum is Atlantic anglo. I've lived in Quebec nearly all my life and I have an extreme anglo accent. Shit sucks man.
It doesn't help that my name is very very francophone

I feel you on the francophone name man. I have a very french surname and I don't speak a lick of french. Here on the 'background doesn't real' west coast I rarely get asked about it, but the odd time it comes up I feel some shame for not speaking French

Yeah I would like to move there actually, luckily the degree I'm working on would offer some work over there

sorry for the slow response, i'm playing vidya while drinking barley wine and stalling for time while I turn 24

Trust me bud, it's even more awkward over here
If I tell my name to anyone, they immediately start speaking French, and I have to either respond in my own shit French or tell them I'm actually anglo
Half the time they look at me in disgust. The other half they laugh.
I'm not sure which is worst.

Happy birthday though. I hope you make more of your 25th year than I did.
What game btw

Heh, sorry bro. That would be my worst nightmare. The people who care the most are consistently French speaking women over 60 whose opinion I could easily do without

Minecraft, survival mode. It's something I've come back to every couple years since I first came across it in the early dev period.

What're you drinking tonight buddy?

passed out drunk at 6, woke up at midnight. Guess its an all nighter for me again