Is anyone here smart enough to solve this?

Is anyone here smart enough to solve this?

Bottom left.

What do I win?

>What do I win?
Nothing, you're wrong.

Explain yuour reasoning or you will get nothing

Top right? It seems like the middle row is dictating where the side line should orient
t.brainlet

Rotate the midfle one 45 deg counter clockwise and lay it over the one to the right, then where the lines around the square overlap they get erased.
So bottom left.

Wrong.

Lay it over the one to left i meant

this pattern fits the data

>t.brainlet
You're the only one that got it right.

Easy top right. The middle is there to try and fuck with you. Follow the pattern of the left column to see what you are missing

I'd never have guessed top right because I assume all the information is meant to be useful. I would have probably picked bottom left like if it came down to a choice between those two answers on account of that assumption.

Why the fuck do IQ tests have trick questions?

Because IQ is the measure of how well you can pass an IQ test

so basically the brainlet who made the test didn't notice he introduced a way better pattern than the answer he expected
Who the fuck does IQ tests anyway? I assume the real 150+ IQ people are busy doing cosmology and shit

top right obviously, youre not even trying

t.126

This is exactly the problem with these tests. There could be plenty of patterns that work and are simply enough to be plausible.

Because if you are a genius you can see through the tricks. If you can see the big picture but you miss small details you're at most slightly above average. The majority of people can do that. Geniuses, on the other hand, cab do that AND deal with the small details.

Fuck off with that PC bullshit. IQ tests are definitely not 100% accurate to measure intelligence, but they are also the best measure we currently have, so no, they aren't only made to measure "how well a person does in an IQ test", but how smart they are.

Not all geniuses have the same interests, user. Some will spend their time doing science, but some will be so much obsessed with their intelligence and others' that they spend their time designing IQ tests. I don't think it's the best use they can make of their intelligence, but if that's what makes them happy, who am I to argue?

The true solution is bottom left. First rotate the symbols in the middle counterclockwise by 45°.
Then you apply an XOR operation to find the lines in the third column from the ones in the first two columns.

It is bottom left. Anybody who says anything else is gay

I'm assuming you and the two other knobs in here that guessed it was a trick are geniuses then?

No. At least I am not a genius. But geniuses would definitely see the trick.

Engineer response
Mathematician response

This post is pure cancer.

This is the only reasonable answer.

>solve
>arbitrary shape patterns
Progressive matrices are for brainlets.

>Fuck off with that PC bullshit. IQ tests are definitely not 100% accurate to measure intelligence, but they are also the best measure we currently have, so no, they aren't only made to measure "how well a person does in an IQ test", but how smart they are.
Please go back to /pol/ and stop trying to convince yourself you're smart. Not all IQ tests are ironic "culture fair" progressive matrices. Intelligence is subjective. The closest thing to a valid IQ test that exists is WAIS, and it doesn't include stupid nonsense questions. It asks obvious questions that require math and reading skills.

[math]\mathcal{YES}[/math]

Define intelligence. Oops, you can't because it's a vague term used by a multitude of people in contradicting manner. Face it kid, IQ isn't intelligence, only a subset of intellect at best.

it's the bottom row on the left

you can call it a subset of intellect if you want but pattern recognition is vital for building models of how our environment works. once you have a model of how the environment works then you can use it to predict the environment's behaviour and strategise what actions you should take to manipulate the environment to your advantage.

raven's progressive matrices are tests of pattern recognition that are good predictors of being able to understand concepts and learn new skills easily and solve problems, and are consequently a good predictor of how good you will be at academic subjects, being a doctor, being a scientist, being a politician, being an engineer , being an accountant , being an actuary, being a lawyer, being a banker, being a CEO, etc.

proof:
take 100 people who scored 70 on an Iq test and 100 people who scored 130 on an IQ test (a proper raven's progressive matrices test administered by a professional) which group will do better at those occupations I mentioned.

You can say "but tracking animals in the Kalahari desert requires intelligence too, so you can;t say that kalahari bushman are less intelligent than us"
Sure you can define intelligence that broadly if you want, but the definition of intelligence used by the developed world is the one that matters, and in the developed world intelligence means being able to mentally solve problems, use deductive reasoning, understand and manipulate concepts. These are the skills needed for calculus, medicine, being a lawyer, etc.
no one gives a fuck about the intelligence needed to be a good kalahari bushman.

ok maybe but btw it is still the bottom left.
Brainlet otherwise

> t. brainlets

The arrow in the figures point to where one line from the black squares will be placed in the white squares while the other line that's left from the black squares will ''stay'' in the white squares plus any line that is in the black squares will be be deleted clockwise starting from the left line in the first black square.

So the right answer is top right