Why does no one seem to give a rat's ass about the side effects of birth...

Supergrass
Supergrass

Why does no one seem to give a rat's ass about the side effects of birth control?

All urls found in this thread:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1053811913012202
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/09/birth-control-brain_n_7032578.html
http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2014/the-risks-of-control-assessing-the-link-between-birth-control-pills-and-breast-cancer/
Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@Supergrass
because they only affect women, and no one cares what women think

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

because it's better than the alternative (getting knocked up)

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

@Raving_Cute
what are condoms

hairygrape
hairygrape

@Dreamworx
That's because they're property.

It's like bothering with the side effects of using pesticides on your lawn. Nobody really cares, because nobody wants ants.

Techpill
Techpill

@Supergrass
Ignorance for the most part. There's also a culture among women about using it as a badge of respect. Weird shit.

Methnerd
Methnerd

@Lord_Tryzalot
A condom is a sheath-shaped barrier device, used during sexual intercourse to reduce the probability of pregnancy or a sexually transmitted infection (STIs).

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

Unironically because women are memed to be emotionally unstable even though men display similar reactions to them when presented with a control of distressing emotional stimuli
So when birth control causes a woman to go off the rails, pharmafags cluck to themselves “ohoho just a woman being a woman” instead of noting it as a serious side affect and conducting further research for a drug they’re already making money on
steroids cause a similar reaction in men but it’s considered serious enough to ban for anything other than use in hospitals and as treatments for extreme illness

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

@Lord_Tryzalot
The problem with condoms is that when the thot gets drunk off her ass and fucks some random chad at the bar she'll be so smashed she'll forget to ask him to put a condom on, or she won't ask because it will kill the mood

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@Ignoramus
testosterone is only prescribed in medically necessary situations but estrogen is widely available and even argued to be a fundamental human right for women even though wide spread use is documented to containment water supplies, micro dosing everyone male and female alike with estrogen

hmm..... makes u think doesnt it

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

because women are just cattle

Spamalot
Spamalot

@Techpill
women about using it as a badge of respect.
Trying to show off their freedom from the patriarchy. This is also why no politician will ever ever EVER even question birth control in any what whatsoever, because if you question birth control then you're trying to control women and make them slaves.

Basically the corporations that are making huge money off these insanity pills have managed to twist things around so that ever questioning them is political suicide.

takes2long
takes2long

How do I convince my gf to not start these fucking god damn pills.

massdebater
massdebater

@takes2long
How about don’t ruin her by having sex before you’re married faggot

idontknow
idontknow

@takes2long
don't be a cuck put a baby in her

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@massdebater
faggot
Why the homophobia?

Emberfire
Emberfire

@Supergrass
Well it seems like most people in this thread also don't give a rat's ass about some of the benefits like how it helps prevent the most common cause of infertility in women IE endometriosis. It also can help regulate periods, make them less painful and can help prevent hormone related migraines and potentionally stop them from becoming chronic.

@Ignoramus
The only steroid actually found to increase emotional instability in testing was halotestin and steroids weren't banned for their supposed mental effects but for the heart hypertrophying.

@Techpill
@Spamalot
@takes2long
Honestly you guys are just the other end of the stance you're claiming to hate with just as much denial and ignorance. There's pros and cons to it just like any other medications. It's not some super secrete pharma scheme either.

Flameblow
Flameblow

@lostmypassword
Because gay “people” are worthless wastes of resources? Are you fucking new?
defy accomplishing your one biological purpose for existing: reproduction
still consume energy and produce waste for ~80 years
touch little boys in the meantime
I hope you’re joking

SniperGod
SniperGod

@Emberfire
steroids weren't banned for their supposed mental effects but for the heart hypertrophying.
then why isn't birth control banned for increasing risks of cardiovascular issues? why is testosterone bad but estrogen a literal human right?

:thinking:

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

@SniperGod
Let's see, health benefits of steroids is zero.

Health benefits of birth control, a shitload plus the economic benefits.

And you got to be insane if you think the risk of cardiovascular incident from birth control is even close to as sever as the left ventricular hypertrophy in steroid users.

DeathDog
DeathDog

@Spamalot
no politician will ever ever EVER even question birth control in any what whatsoever
Not true. Some employers refuse to pay for health insurance that include birth control, and some politicians are OK with that.

To be fair: that's a matter of who pays for the BC, rather than whether or not it should be used.

FastChef
FastChef

@Emberfire
There's pros and cons to it just like any other medications.

It fucks up their hormones and mental state for the rest of their lives. It is literally a switch that gets flipped in an odd way and never ever goes back to normal. That's just a side effect, not part of what it is supposed to be doing.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@Flameblow
That guy isn't new, posts why the homophobia on any thread someone mentions gay or faggot in. Probably thinks they're fighting for justice by infiltrating the shitlords.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

@SniperGod
u n p r o t e c t e d s e x

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

@FastChef
It fucks up their hormones and mental state for the rest of their lives. It is literally a switch that gets flipped in an odd way and never ever goes back to normal.

Look user I'm going to sleep but when I wake up I wanna see a giant fucking citation for that strong claim.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

@LuckyDusty
Let's see, health benefits of steroids is zero.
yeah i mean it's not concerning or anything that western males have a fraction of T-levels and fertility rates that their grandfathers had.

testosterone has no health benefits :^)
having the T-levels of a 90 year old man is healthy and normal :^)

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@GoogleCat
is the reason why half the country has hpv, herpes, super gonorrhea, etc

Supergrass
Supergrass

@Ignoramus
A lot of people had all those things before birth control pills existed, you know

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@PurpleCharger
That’s fucking faggy as hell, but if it’s not a bot I wonder why he doesn’t just kill himself?

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

@Nude_Bikergirl
That’s fucking faggy as hell, but if it’s not a bot I wonder why he doesn’t just kill himself?
I'm not a "he".

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@Supergrass
Because the primary effect is incredibly desirable therefore side effects are negligible

Spamalot
Spamalot

@Supergrass
@Supergrass
do you understand what a "rate" is?

do you know the difference between 5% and 50%?

Soft_member
Soft_member

@StrangeWizard
Paper Citation:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1053811913012202

Popsci layman's version:
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/09/birth-control-brain_n_7032578.html

It is actually a bit scary and more studies need to be performed.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

@Supergrass
Why does no one seem to give a rat's ass about the side effects of birth control?
People care. But the benefits are worth the downsides to a lot of women.

takes2long
takes2long

@Crazy_Nice
At least you didn't dispute being the same fag posting that on every thread

w8t4u
w8t4u

@SomethingNew
benefits

The only benefit is they don't need to use a condom. That's literally it.

Inmate
Inmate

@Crazy_Nice
I’m not a he either bitch
Get the fuck off this board you attention whoring snowflake
Gay people are worthless and you should feel bad
Why are you even here?

idontknow
idontknow

@takes2long
At least you didn't dispute being the same fag posting that on every thread
I'm not a "fag", nor am I the only person posting it.

likme
likme

@w8t4u
@w8t4u
MUH PERIOD CRAMPS
*pollutes the environment with estrogen and devastates ecosystems with her radioactive piss to the point even exxon mobile would blush*

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

@Inmate
Marry me

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

@w8t4u
The only benefit is they don't need to use a condom. That's literally it.
not using a condom because the girl's on the pill
ever heard of an STI?

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

@Inmate
@Deadlyinx
jesus christ this thread is embarrassing

did I missclick onto /soc/?

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

@w8t4u
I'm not sure whether you have any experience with this, user, but that is actually a big deal.

Skullbone
Skullbone

@PackManBrainlure
not to mention the fact that almost all girls on the pill are polyamorous sluts that have a way higher chance of being infected

Emberburn
Emberburn

@likme
@PackManBrainlure
@Sharpcharm
I'm talking to a bonafide roasty who is currently on the pill aren't I? It all makes sense now. It has mentally unbalanced you and you are trying to defend taking it.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

@Skullbone
The pill actually turns them into that kind of person by altering their mind.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@Emberburn
I (@Sharpcharm
) am a man and I have no experience taking the pill. The part about not relying on condoms is clear for either sex though.

TechHater
TechHater

@TalkBomber
My pet theory is chicks on BC getting cream pied but never get pregnant causes their unconscious mind think something's wrong with their body and that leads to problems

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

@TechHater
Or perhaps its because the pill takes away almost all of the risk that having sex involves, giving them no reason to ever curtail their desires or save themselves; there are no (immediate) consequences.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

@idontknow
REEEEEE get the fuck out roastie
Why are you putting the word fag in quotation marks like that?
This is exactly what I was talking about in another thread, how liberal “women” (that’s how you use quotation marks, bitch) with gender studies degrees shill STEM related things and make us all look like retarded brainlets
Again, why are you even here?
inb4 jewess

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

@BinaryMan
@TechHater
@TalkBomber
see: @Soft_member

For the paper on what areas of the brain it affects. tl;dr version is:

Specifically, the connectivity of the left angular gyrus, the left middle frontal gyrus, and the anterior cingulate cortex were different between groups. Because the anterior cingulate cortex and left middle frontal gyrus are important for higher-order cognitive and emotional processing, including conflict monitoring, changes in the relationship of these structures to the functional networks with which they interact may have important consequences for attention, affect, and/or emotion regulation.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

@AwesomeTucker
MARRY
ME

Illusionz
Illusionz

@Deadlyinx
I appreciate the offer but I’m in a happy and loving relationship with a cis gendered heterosexual white man
@TechHater
Anything that alters a body’s biology like this (stopping you from getting pregnant in the way people are designed to get pregnant) means something extreme and abnormal is happening to your body
I don’t take the pill because I don’t have sex but I’m going to do some quick research because I’m pretty sure it makes you continually shed your uterine walls(?) (this is most likely wrong, so again, be back in a minute with better info and actual sources)

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

@Illusionz
I’m pretty sure it makes you continually shed your uterine walls

Even if it did, that really is the very least of your worries with that shit.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@Illusionz
It basically tricks your brain into thinking you're pregnant, and therefore not ovulating (releasing eggs)

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@Illusionz
Where are chicks like you in the real world? HOW DO I FIND ONE OF YOU PLS RESPOND

t guy who also saves themselves for marriage

takes2long
takes2long

@Need_TLC
I think so too, I have a friend who is having some real problems with the implant version in her arm (extreme pain) and is getting it looked at tomorrow along with some lumps that’ve developed in her breasts. It’s crazy.
I found this shitty study, but it mentions breast cancer and how birth control affects the uterin wall
http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2014/the-risks-of-control-assessing-the-link-between-birth-control-pills-and-breast-cancer/
Still looking for more
@Boy_vs_Girl
I don’t know if you can tell, but I’m pretty freaking autistic. I would say church though. I’m majoring in computer engineering. I’m also not bad looking. I’m not sure how rare the autistic-Christian-STEM-cute combo is though. There has to be others like me out there. Don’t give up
(I met my bf at work and asked him if he was a Christian “in case I ever wanted to date him” if that provides perspective. Girls can get away with being this awkward if they’re pretty and nice though. Best of luck to you)

massdebater
massdebater

@takes2long
slightly aspie religious chicks who aren't traditionally feminine in terms of personality are literally top tier wife material. mad jelly of ur bf.

Inmate
Inmate

@massdebater
aren't traditionally feminine in terms of personality
realized i phrased this poor. basically i mean non-catty/not a basic bitch whos obssessed with make up and clubbing

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@Inmate
basic bitch whos obssessed with make up and clubbing

God, I shudder even seeing words like this in print. That whole life style on both sides of the fence is just fucking terrible.

@takes2long
Here's some more search engines.

Methshot
Methshot

@Soft_member
Neat

Methnerd
Methnerd

@Soft_member
Why the fuck do women do this to themselves? They aren't even the ones that have to wear the condom.

Snarelure
Snarelure

@Inmate
I definitely look feminine and take care of myself, but I know what you mean. I’ve actually never been to a club.
Also, there are girls who are really, genuinely interested in guys who are into science too. Seriously don’t give up!
@lostmypassword
Ah, thank you! It’s shocking to see a useful image on this board. I’m going to start looking into this more because birth control is something that’s affecting my friends very negatively and I just don’t know enough about it as it is. Will report back tomorrow (or make a new thread with sources if this one dies)

Emberfire
Emberfire

@Methnerd
Why the fuck do women do this to themselves?

They wear makeup too. That shit is a vicious cycle that maintains bad skin. It takes weeks to months to recover from using it if you go cold turkey, before your skin starts to look normal and you finally don't "need" makeup.

Firespawn
Firespawn

@Methnerd
Same reason people eat until they're horribly obese and their whole life is ruined or people will put themselves in massive debt living an unsustainable lifestyle.

Instant gratification and no concern for the ramifications.

RavySnake
RavySnake

@Snarelure
Unfortunately, all pharmaceutical birth control is inherently bad. The biggest problem with talking to people about it, who use it, is that they are already being affected mentally by it. That makes it more difficult to talk to them about it because they can't rationalize things as well.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@RavySnake
This isn't so much a result of the drug effecting their mental state as it is the simple fact that a person will always be bias towards supporting something they are already doing.

A person may think the Xbox and the Playstation are pretty much the same thing while choosing which to buy, but once they buy it they will rabidly defend it and proclaim that it is vastly superior to the other. Such is the way of humans. Of COURSE somebody who uses a medicine will think it's good to use that medicine; after all, they are using it, so it must be good.

FastChef
FastChef

@Snarelure
I don't doubt that there are women who are into STEM guys and who value family and tradition.

However I just had literally no idea how to identify women who share my values. None of this born again virgin shit.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@RavySnake
I agree that it makes it harder to rationalize, but you could always start by advocating for the delvelopment if safer birth control (or abstinence eventually)
I’m just going to compile as much raw information as I can and try to throw it up here on my lunch break tomorrow.
If there’s legitimate concerns beyond what the general public realizes, it is fortunate that women are also happen to be the easiest demographic to meme things/market to
I honestly think we can help women be more conscious about sex, health, and the environment if presented the right way
tfw no more estrogen in the water

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

@VisualMaster
This isn't so much a result of the drug effecting their mental state as it is the simple fact that a person will always be bias towards supporting something they are already doing.

The two go hand-in-hand in this respect. The meds in this case take it to another level.

@PurpleCharger
Tact is always the first action. Try the honey before the vinegar and all that.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@FastChef
This is not Veeky Forums related but real quick:
If you’re a Christian then being born again is real.
I know men and women who have had sex with 1-2 people before getting saved and then be abstinent until getting married (~5+ years later)
You can have the standard of wanting to be with a virgin for sure, but I personally don’t judge people according to Christian morals for actions they made before they were Christians
Just my two cents

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

What's going on in this thread? Why are anons pretending to be girls?

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@PurpleCharger
Advocating abstinence is a great way of making everybody ignore you and disregard your opinions instantly. People want to fuck and that is never going to change.

King_Martha
King_Martha

@Nude_Bikergirl
I know men and women who have had sex with 1-2 people before getting saved and then be abstinent until getting married (~5+ years later)
So you think. What if they got better at hiding their flings?

posting on Veeky Forums while being this credulous/gullible

farquit
farquit

@Nude_Bikergirl
People can be born again all they want. That doesn't mean the future mother of my kids is going to be one of those women.

takes2long
takes2long

@Supergrass

because more freedom means more responsability

and people can't handle reproductive responsability after the indroduction of pills and condoms
this is the reason that the introduction of contraception is associated with lower marriage rates, higher marriage age, higher divorce rate, and lower fertility

Bidwell
Bidwell

@farquit
And that’s fine! There’s nothing wrong with that at all. Its mostly those people who end up marrying each other anyway (at least at my church)
@Boy_vs_Girl
I don’t think anyone is assuming screaming at women in the streets to stop having sex would work
You could start with advocating the research of safer birth control since what we have now has serious side affects the general public is willfully ignoring or just unaware of

Techpill
Techpill

@Boy_vs_Girl
People want to do a lot of things. People also have impulse control.

It's that thing that separates us from animals.

Snarelure
Snarelure

@Bidwell
Gotta sign off since I have class in the morning. Any parting advice on how you think a guy could pick a single version of you, or any other Christian gal? As in, in the alternate timeline where you're single, what could a guy have done other than be your coworker and have been at the right place and right time to get asked by you if he was Christian?

You know, for, uh, Science and stuff.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

religious/Christian girls are chaste
I live in one of the most Christian countries on the planet. People are observant of their religion, with high Sunday service/mass attendence rate compared to mst countries. Women are still absolutely disgusting whores. My own supposedly goodie-two-shoes Evangelical cousin who everyone in the family has a good opinion of raped me several times when I was a little boy. She was also giving "lectures" about Jesus to other kids at the time, since she was baby sitting a bunch of them. What's a Christian girl to do, but give lessons about Jesus in the morning, and rape her own cousin in the afternoon. Nowadays I become catatonic after prolonged physical contact with women. Isn't that great?

Women are fucked up and y'all retarded.
2D > 3D.

SniperGod
SniperGod

@Techpill
People also have impulse control.
Impulse control as a phenotype is not evenly distributed in any population. It has pretty high variability.

FastChef
FastChef

@Snarelure
Go for the ones who were raised in the church. I knew a girl who was a virgin until she was 26 when she got married.
Also be upfront about how important it is to you. You could potentially lead a girl on/very seriously hurt her feelings if you aren’t upfront with how important it is to you right away. She’s still a person and even if this Mongolian fly fishing forum likes to say otherwise, in real life I’ve always known it to be better not to hurt people or make them feel unwanted/unworthy if you don’t have to.
Best of luck user

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

@Supergrass
because it feels too good to cum inside my gf's puss without any worries of knocking her up.
Worth the risk of a few aneurysms.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

@FastChef
Go for the ones who were raised in the church.
You mean the ones that give blowjobs to their boyfriends on Saturday night after practising for the church choir for the next day where's they'll sing "praise" to God with the same filthy mouths?

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

@Inmate
tits?

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@Supergrass
because women find them convenient, so you can't question them

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@Burnblaze
I’m really sorry this happened to you user. What she did to you is absolutely demonic and not okay or representative of who Jesus was at all
I know how hard it is. It can really fuck you up for a long time, I’m so sorry
My own father molested my sister and I when we were kids, and my sister still has to go to therapy to this day. She’s 22 now. But all that being said, there is healing in the cross. God hates sin and he hates that you had to deal with that. I’m crying agh. I’m so sorry you had to go through that I wish I could fix it somehow. I’m praying for you after I write this
It must have been so traumatic and it’s understandable how you could feel that way about women now
Listen, I’m a woman so you can take this with a grain of salt, but most women aren’t like your cousin. I hope you find healing and learn how have a healthy relationship with women who are good
I mentioned my boyfriend above, but honestly it took a long time to even be ready for a relationship and even longer for me to tell him what happened. I would cry randomly when he would hold my hand or touch my arm and it scared him. I know what it’s like for touching to go from being a good thing to being a scary and dark thing. I’m really sorry you had to deal with that user but I’m legitmately crying this made me so sad. I’m praying for you now

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

@Boy_vs_Girl
STOP
HOLY SHIT

Soft_member
Soft_member

@Stupidasole
all religious women are secretly sluts, trust me bro.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

@Harmless_Venom
Stop what? Having morals, principles, self-respect, and standards?

w8t4u
w8t4u

@Garbage Can Lid
You seem like a good person, so I am sorry that my reveal made you cry but you on't need to worry about me. I already know what I have to do and I'm looking into how to get castrated so I won't feel any need to have contact with women ever again.

My only intention was to dispel the myth that religious girls are somehow special and "hold themselves for marriage". I grew up in an Evangelical family and an Evangelical church. That is simply not true of the vast majority of the girls there. I am really sorry for saying this, but you seem like an exception that proves the rule, and even in your case it is because you were sexually abused as a child that you remained chaste. Life isn't tragic. It's fucked up beyond belief.

I hope it works out for you and your boyfriend though. Hope dies last I guess...

Playboyize
Playboyize

@Ignoramus
Almost all of that is wrong.

Techpill
Techpill

@Soft_member
That does not indicate it is permanent at all.

Spamalot
Spamalot

@Crazy_Nice
who the fuck gives a shit?

viagrandad
viagrandad

@haveahappyday
you're going to suck so bad during your first sex. it will ruin your honeymoon for sure.

Spamalot
Spamalot

@Nude_Bikergirl
thats only EE2 you fuck

TreeEater
TreeEater

@LuckyDusty
health benefits of steroids is zero

eGremlin
eGremlin

@w8t4u
I am retracting this by the way. I won't be seeking to castrate myself anymore. Maybe your prayers helped user because I have found Jesus. (It's either that or I may be entering a manic phase/episode in my depression.)

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@Supergrass
i will never take this poison

Emberfire
Emberfire

@viagrandad
DUDE WHY AREN'T YOU HAVING NONSTOP PRE MARITAL SEX? LMFAO DO YOU WANT TO NOT BE ABLE TO FUCK LIKE A PORNSTAR ON YOUR HONEYMOON????? GOOD LUCK MAINTAINING A HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP WITHOUT BEING AN IMPULSIVE, AMORAL BONOBO.

I'll take my chances, ty.

TechHater
TechHater

@Flameblow
defy accomplishing your one biological purpose for existing: reproduction
defy accomplishing your one biological purpose
biological purpose

Are you fucking retarded?

Lunatick
Lunatick

@farquit
t. Cuck

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

@haveahappyday
Cuckold kys

MPmaster
MPmaster

Who would've thought sci was the most cuckolded board of all?

happy_sad
happy_sad

@Lunatick
@Sir_Gallonhead
If a male requires his future wife to be a virgin, and remains a virgin himself because of his values system, he is a cuckold

Up is down. Left is right. Vice is virtue.

Modernity was a mistake.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

@Lunatick
@Sir_Gallonhead
wanting to marry a virgin is literally the opposite of cuckold you degenerate imbeciles

likme
likme

I don't care about any side effect ;)
My friend took it and shes fine ;)
I just don't like how condoms feel ;)

King_Martha
King_Martha

Because studying the side effects of birth control would mark you as right-wing and therefore anti-science.

FastChef
FastChef

@Lord_Tryzalot
Sex with condoms is not even half as good

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

@Flameblow
reproduction is a persons only purpose in a society
How does it feel being retarded?

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

Just for the record, you don't need to believe in jewish wizards to have standards.

massdebater
massdebater

@haveahappyday
No. Stop being a cringey fucking sperg it's embarrassing.

likme
likme

@FastChef

The fact you can do it with general whores makes it twice as good actually

Playboyize
Playboyize

@takes2long
Talk to her about it. My ex started around the halfway mark or our relationship, like 1 year in. Afterwards she went psycho and started signing up for the same classes as me to make sure I wasnt dicking around with other chicks, Annoyed the fuck out of her and she wasted a year of her life because she didnt understand the stuff I was doing in school. She would get really pissed because in class she would try to cuddle up to me or would do her nails all day and then expect me to explain all the shit to her. Now someone tell me how I should have explained Differntial Calculus to someone that first off doesnt give a shit about maths and second of all never even understood parables. Sorry. Had to get that off my chest

Techpill
Techpill

@LuckyDusty
No clue why because this isnt my field of work. But I have like no allergies in the states, but first spring after I moved to Europe I had the worst allergies against literally every type of pollen, and not that sniffles shit. Like the "im about to fucking kill myself"type of allergies. Anyay. Went to the doctors and he gave me a shot in the lower back with a steroid. Next day life was good, no clue how that works though. If some medfag wants to explain that would be awsome

SniperWish
SniperWish

@Dreamworx
xenoestrogens
irreversible changes to demographics, healthcare and, down the line, the pension system and social security as well

"affects only women"

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

@Techpill
The symptoms of anaphylactoid reactions are caused mainly by the inflammatory cascade. Steroids are powerful anti-inflammatories.

Skullbone
Skullbone

I remember reading somewhere that in a "natural" setting, like women living in the Amazon, or aborigines, etc., that a woman would menstruate like 4 or 5 times in her LIFE due to being pregnant, breastfeeding kids until they were like 4 years old, and life expectancy. All the pain and discomfort women feel during their period isn't supposed to be "natural", because the shouldn't be menstruating so much anyway - they should be barefoot and pregnant, and nothing else!

But of course these tree-hugging vegan bugpeople wouldn't see it like that, would they? "Mother Nature" is only a benevolent force when it conforms to their world view.

takes2long
takes2long

@Dreamworx

they barely affact women because women are usually estrogenic messes

they affect men hugely

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

@LuckyDusty

health benefits of hormones vital to health is zero

AM I BEING MEEMED

Techpill
Techpill

@LuckyDusty
There are very few actual health benefits to young women from taking estrogen, mostly its taken either as a contraceptive to "ease cramps" or some other silly shit that could be taken care of by any number of drugs or physiotherapists

TreeEater
TreeEater

@Supergrass

rate has grown exponentially since introduction of condoms and birth control
pssh some people had them before

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

@Supergrass
/pol/

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

@Nude_Bikergirl

my dirty whore wife fucked around and collected STIS for years
but when she turned 46 she settled down and became christian

how lucky I am to have found such a good christian wife

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@Poker_Star
You realize not every steroid is test right? Even when they're talking about test, it's implied with the word steroid that its high concentrations of endogenous test. Not basic trt treatment. So yes there's practically no health benefits. Try to read above a 3rd grade level.

@Techpill
See @Emberfire
Endometriosis and hormonal headaches are more than enough reason it should be readily avaible. Especially if she wants to have kids later on.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

@Supergrass
Plenty of people give a rat's ass. I don't ask women to take birth control. And, hopefully she wouldn't. It's probably good to have a conversation.

Maybe in the future there will be more acceptable side effects. For now, I'm content with a condom, and she should be too.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

its even worse than you guys think.

Emberburn
Emberburn

IIRC a woman can sterilise herself and re-fertilise herself again later on. I'd bet it would be much more economic to do it like this, compared to spending >50 dollars a month on pills. Sterilise yourself as soon as you start sexual activity, and refertilise yourself once you want to start a family.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@Playboyize
never understood parables
Aesop is rolling in his grave

TreeEater
TreeEater

@Garbage Can Lid
You realize not every steroid is test right?
And you realize testosterone is a "steroid," right?

Booteefool
Booteefool

@Techpill
He gave you corticosteroids, the other anons are talking about anabolic steroids.

askme
askme

@lostmypassword
kek

eGremlin
eGremlin

@Supergrass

because they want teh sex, but no want to take care of child.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@TreeEater
And cortisol is also steroid. But from the discussion is easily to tell from anyone with above retardation reading capabilities that we were discussing anabolic steroids taken at levels seen for these effects. Don't be a smart ass because you were too lazy to read the context of the discussion you just look like an ass instead.

Lunatick
Lunatick

@hairygrape
laughed heartily

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@Techpill
@Supergrass
@Dreamworx
What are the side effects? Making my girl start these next week but I actually care about her health.

Nojokur
Nojokur

@Need_TLC
hapiness
Fucking dropped

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@Flameblow
Says the kissless handholdless incel cuck beta boy on Veeky Forums REEEEEEE

girlDog
girlDog

reproducing is a good thing
bringing children into a doomed world is a good thing
If you unironically believe this I suggest you consider suicide.

farquit
farquit

All these posts about how birth control affects men
We don't take birth control so...how?

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

@Ignoramus
Well documented, once-a-month, regular psychotic episodes
hurr hurr its just women being women!

w8t4u
w8t4u

@farquit
women take birth control -> chemicals in their body
-> chemicals in their urine -> urine in the toilet -> toilet water to the treatment plant -> treatment plant doesn't perfectly remove the chemicals and leaves some in the environment and the drinking water

Bidwell
Bidwell

@w8t4u
So you just have no concept of part per million then?

iluvmen
iluvmen

@Bidwell
I'm not saying that I support the notion, that's just the logic that they're using.

There is evidence that it's bad for the environment at the levels that it enters the ecosystem via sewage, though.

idontknow
idontknow

@takes2long
ask her about copper IUD's

its probably the best no hormonal contraceptive

likme
likme

@takes2long
Stop listening to alex jones

Methshot
Methshot

I only skimmed this thread, but do people really think that females-on-birth-control's piss is concentrating xenoestrogens in municipal water supplies so much that it's affecting men who drink tap water? That's not how that works you fucking retards.

Source to alex jones article/video?

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

@CouchChiller
Depends on the specific brand, but virtually everything imaginable, from nausea to pulmonary embolism, mood swings to endometriosis. If I was a woman I would never go on hormonal birth control.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@iluvmen
That's not it at all dumb-ass. The chemicals she takes when she's on birth control can linger in smaller amounts for a while longer after she has stopped taking the pills, even after she can get pregnant again, at which point she might get pregnant with a boy, and fuck up his development because she has all sorts of poison inside her that she shouldn't have.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

A lot of women that don't even have sex take birth control for some fucking reason as well.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

@CouchChiller
That's incredible incorrect and the other user is right. The toxological effects of estrogen from urine are a concern and considered a topic that needs more research in toxicology.

Your explanation I have never heard and it makes no sense. Those "chemicals" are the same chemicals at around the same level one would have when you're normally pregnant. Even if they did magically stick around which is unlikely considering the half life, they shouldn't increase the total levels of estrogen and progesterone in the women because the negative feedback loops will regulate it just like if it was any other amount of naturally produced estrogen and progesterone.

@Stupidasole
Because of the benefits that have been mentioned in this thread already.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

@TurtleCat
Obama made my frog gay

King_Martha
King_Martha

@LuckyDusty
Nope that's mostly atrazine. The estrogen research so far is on feminization of fish from estrogen and progesterone. Though it'll probably be found it affects frogs too.

viagrandad
viagrandad

@CouchChiller
Making my girl start these
Unironically off yourself

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@Supergrass
It is creating a generation of soyboys.

Spamalot
Spamalot

@Ignoramus
That's backwards, though. If women who are taking birth control are more likely to take "less manly" men as their partners, that means the "more manly" men are the ones fucking girls who don't take birth control, and are more likely to get knocked up with manly man genes.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

@Spamalot
You don't get it. They're meeting their partners while on the pill, and staying with them while they interrupt their usage in order to get pregnant as well. It's not like a woman who is on contraceptives will be on contraceptives her whole life.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

@Snarelure
Please make sure to have lots of children after you're married. We need more people like you in this hellish existence.

5mileys
5mileys

@massdebater
Is it because you are so riddled with insecurities that you need a subservient woman who has no experience sexually/socially, so she has nobody to compare you to and thus can't expose you for the beta that you are?

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

@LuckyDusty
It raises your mood and energy levels.

Flameblow
Flameblow

@Emberfire
desu if you suck at sex youre most definitely getting dumped sometime

SniperGod
SniperGod

@Supergrass
@CouchChiller
Dude, just get a fucking copper implant, there are alternatives. The hormonal stuff is not worth it. I had nexplanon and it basically made me insane for a year. Constant crying, my periods lasted over a week (the longest was fucking three weeks, and my doctor said that wasn't even weird), the cramps were worse and it generally triggered a bunch of anxiety/depression. Also, a fuck ton of fights with the boyfriend. First time we hit each other was in this time period.
Just don't do it. To answer OP I have NO fucking idea why people don't talk about it when better alternatives have existed for ages.
Now I am on Kyleena (which has progesterine, but it is such a small amount that it's nearly impossible to experience emotional side effects. you can get iud's without progesterine but if you look into it, it's just not as desirable.), and the cramps are a bitch but I feel much better. My insurance paid for the entire thing. Just go back, okay? Use the condoms a little longer and get her a low-progesterine IUD. Doctors WILL skip on details to make whatever they're selling sound more appealing.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

@SniperGod
you know the rules, tits or gtfo

idontknow
idontknow

@Supergrass
Because wet dick feels gud

likme
likme

@5mileys
What's funny about this is that those types of girls become sexually experienced and confident, they then leave for a real man.

StonedTime
StonedTime

@SomethingNew
no u

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@Supergrass
just use condoms, retard
how hard is that?

whereismyname
whereismyname

@5mileys
@likme
Here, gentlemen, we can observe literal cuckholds rationalising their state.

Illusionz
Illusionz

@SniperWish
Underrated post.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

@SniperWish
This is the post we need to heed.

SniperWish
SniperWish

@whereismyname
name calling
you're just confirming their points user

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

Fuck off back to /pol/ you shills. Nobody cares about the side effects because they dont don't outweigh the benefits.

If an individual ever has serious side effects they can just stop taking the damn things

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

@SniperGod

First of all, anecdotal evidence is shitty and useless, IUDs are also risky af.
Secondly, nexplanon implants have a 99.99% prevention rate (effectively 100% with margin of error). With other methods of birth control, even condoms, the prevention rates are nowhere near as high.

King_Martha
King_Martha

@StonedTime
I don't get the meme

Nojokur
Nojokur

If having sex with a condom is. 10, sex without one is ___

massdebater
massdebater

@likme
Hey, I know this is days old, but period cramps can hurt a lot.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

@Nojokur
I don't know. I am a virgin.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page