Stop pirating books and papers

Stop pirating books and papers.

>stop pirating books but fuck Elsevier, keep pirating papers
Fixed

Books are expensive though.

I don't. My German uni provides all textsbooks for free. Physical or ebook, doesn't matter.

There is no such thing as a free lunch. Now give them back, Jamal.

Well, those textsbooks are paid for by taxes, and I have never worked in my life, so yes, I actually did get those textbooks for free.

but he said books not food you retard

Keep sucking dicks.

as soon as books become affordable and scientific papers aren't behind paywalls

t. american

fuck you. books are $350 and another $80 for the online homeword.

Stop the textbook publisher oligopoly first

Stop being corrupt and literally forcing students to buy specific books at outrageous prices.

why do people even submit their papers to for-profit publishers? i only submit to shit like IEEE

>tfw europeon
>tfw buy textbooks for a third of the american price and sell them to americans for profit

>stop price gouging books and papers.

ftfy

The idea of free schooling really confuses you amerimutts.

everything is food if your hungry enough

everything is food if you're obese enough

the concept of money and value really confuses you europoors

>Switzerland literally invented banking
>Britain created much of the market you make use of now
>Almost all European countries have a better Human Development Index than the USA
>Europeans are happier than Amerifats
>Lower rate of morbidity
>Higher longevity
Do I need to go on?

>papers

Maybe if scientists didn't need to pay publishers to put their papers behind paywalls, people wouldn't pirate them as much. Paywalls should be illegal for science papers.

In the USA, colleges are a way to farm money via tuitions (grants, scholarships, loans, and out of pocket). The basic scheme is similar to the seed & pesticide industry. The companies/colleges get the government and other companies to hand out money for hiked up services and goods. For books, they are at sky high prices. You purchase the books with your money then try to sell them back to the used book store and a massive discount. However, on many colleges you can't sell the books because the next year the books are obsolete and a new set are required. There's no one to buy them. Add to this, erroneous courses that are meaningless but suck up more money from the student. On top of that, you have prerequisite classes that have nothing to do with the student's major, that can't not be skipped.

Hey it's mastering physics!

Your title is confusing, it says senior level engineering course, but it looks like freshman level mechanics.

It's great to live in the Land of the Free™, ain't it?

no

It's clearly high school level pchem

No

Fuck you varg, i aint paying the elsevier jews 200€ per subject

I choose to support the local copy shop industry instead

But I am not pirating retard.
My library has almost everything readily available as ebooks to download straight away...

stop making them so fucking expensive. i'm already shilling out buckets of fucking cash to goyberg university, I should've have to take out a loan to afford mr. shillberg's 500$ book.

>professors straight up suggest pirating the textbooks
>in smaller courses they will sometimes give out a pdf
feels good man

not what that phrase means, dayquan

>walking down the street
>notice paper bag on bench
>full of sandwich's
>starts raining
>open mouth and drink rain
>free lunch

>$30 per paper with no or vague abstract
lol, no, like go fuck yourself

where can i pirate books and papers Veeky Forums

If people have the option to get something for free with no consequence, they'll get it for free.

Google for threads in r/piracy.

Can confirm.
At a Technical Uni in Baden Württemberg, we get scripts from the teachers. Never required to buy any books(although i do to supplement the script material)

b-ok.org
Used to be bookz or something. So it might change again for legal reasons.

Always download textbooks from there. Not sure about papers.

>the state of modern america

Why are American textbooks so expensive? I've seen textbooks in other languages and they were all like 10-20 times cheaper than American edition. Do amerifats think they will learn better if they pay 400 and not 40 American pesos for a book?

>Varg
>Stands for Jewish conspiracy that keeps the prices of books and papers high
Something's not right here