What drug do you take when you want to get some sleep???

what drug do you take when you want to get some sleep???

go for a jog

drink sperm

Pot or a shot of Vodka always puts me to sleep. That or Xanax.

melatonin
also sometimes clonzaepam(the best), zolpiem, and whatever sonata is.
Those are the most common, im into drugs, mostly serotgenics though, so i take the knock outs as they come

Benadryl, or some 5htp supplements.

Barbiturates.

smoking weed a couple hours before bedtime works for me.
... taking a normal dose of opioids 3-5 hours before bedtime will have me in a coma for about 10 hours.
alcohol works temporarily, but the sleep only lasts 3 or 4 hours and isn't usually restful.

This. DPH always knocks me right out, although to be fair I never have problems falling asleep in the first place

Warm milk.

exercise

I usually listen to a random Noam Chomsky talk.

Dilute ethanol.

As an insomniac, I've tried melatonin of all kinds. Useless like candy. Atarax works if the insomnia is between stages. Basically if you could sleep anyway, atarax will make it easier. Also tried Mirtazapin, that was a fucking disaster. 3 days and nights in a row without a single drop of sleep, yet at the same time so damned exhausted and chemically castrated I couldn't do jack shit. No energy to even do a single fucking Netflix binge.

The only thing that works for me and works good too is Imovane. But the doctors are damn careful giving that. In my worst insomnia seasons It's literally like 1-2 months in a row doing Imovane every day, until doctors stop perscribing because apparently being addicted is worse than getting no sleep. So then I go half a week or more without sleeping a single minute and explaining to my job why once again I have take sick leave.

I fucking hate this shit.

Being overworked and welcoming the sweet repease of slumber whenever I get the chance.

Let's keep in mind that long-term use of this is linked to dementia.

isn't insomnia linked to dementia as well?

OP here desu think I have some sort of brain injury. seeing neurologist in couple weeks just wanted to know which sleep med to ask for

Chamomile tea and placebo.

I had very minor insomnia when I was younger, one of the things I ended up doing when I was in bed trying to sleep was try to have an out of body experience (since you're basically just tricking yourself to sleep and having a lucid dream through meditation) as well as doing visualization exercises.
I would "count sheep" by visualizing a fence with sheep jumping over it. Sometimes I would try to visualize it as "real" as possible, sometimes like a looney tune cartoon, sometimes just being as weird as possible.
Never got too successful with the lucid dream stuff, but I accidentally got into meditation and visualization experiments and mostly cured me of my insomnia.

I just smoke some weed beforehand usually.

Alternately drink. I've never had restless sleep while drunk.

>Alternately drink. I've never had restless sleep while drunk.
Maybe not but alcohol is demonstrated to mess up sleep cycles so you are less likely to be well rested when you awake and your brain is less likely to have rested properly.
Weed is good though and makes it hard for me to stay awake if i'm tired, especially after i have my second hit.

Something that counteracts Orexin

or use a melatonin agonist

>what drug do you take when you want to get some sleep???
The meditation drug is the most effective thing I've ever "taken" for getting to sleep. You effectively just remove your consciousness from the thinking part of your brain. But anything that makes you stop thinking (and therefore emoting) will work. Try a cold compress on your forehead.

Amitriptyline ~2 hours before going to bed. If I have something important next morning, I also take doxylamine on top of amitriptyline.

peppermint tea

Go for first generation antihistaminics if they are sold as OTC sleep aids in your country.

Doxylamine works wonders for me, just read the fucking paper in the box, dont use it every day and dont use more than indicated.

I've self-prescribed a reasonable sleeping schedule

This is the best thing you can really do unless you've got an actual diagnosed sleeping disorder.

I've tried melatonin but it doesn't really work. Ambien knocks me out, but only for about 3 hours. Nitrazepam usually gives me a solid 8 hour sleep, but loses its effects pretty quickly if I take it regularly.

I wonder how counting sheep is supposed to work. It's never been useful to me. Does that say anything about my psyche? Am I not very suggestible?

I think its just there to occupy your conscious thoughts with a boring repetitive task. I don't know about anyone else but most of the time when I can't get to sleep it's because my head won't leave me alone.
Plus if you're doing visualizations like I do there's not a much more peaceful headspace you can get into than a nice green pasture with sheep hopping (or doing some sweet kick flips) over a fence.
That's always been my thoughts on the subject, I'm sure if you looked into it more theres probably some legitimate origin to it.

diphenhydramine
knocks me right out but takes 30-60mins to kick in